Weight Watchers I want to weigh myself

granni10

If you're following Weight Watchers (or some other diet plan), are familiar with portion sizes, and know what not to eat, you should be able to cruise without a scale for a week. Although the temptation might be there, don't eat what you wouldn't eat at home. And if you just can't stay away from something that looks yummy, go to the ship's gym or engage yourself in sort of physical activity that would help burn off those excess calories.

Just watch your points and treat yourself a little and wait for home for the weigh in.

I've lost 216 lbs since 3-21-12 and know what I can and cannot have and still have a ways to go and will certainly treat myslef to some goodies, it's amazing how alive I feel again and look fwds to some gym time.

congrats on your weight loss and determination. When I belonged to WW years ago they said not to weigh yourself more than once a week at weigh in. I agree with others who said just watch your points and portion sizes and be conscious of what goes in your mouth. I admire you wanting to stick to it while cruising but I took that week off and ate what I wanted to (within reason). A rule of thumb they had back in the days I went was "if you crave something, eat it (be reasonable about amount), because you are going to eat around it and do more harm than good. I usually lose a pound or two when I cruise because I take the stairs and walk miles and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables during the day and oink out at dinner.

Just watch your points and treat yourself a little and wait for home for the weigh in.

I've lost 216 lbs since 3-21-12 and know what I can and cannot have and still have a ways to go and will certainly treat myslef to some goodies, it's amazing how alive I feel again and look fwds to some gym time.

did I read that right... 216 lbs in 8 months? I hope you are under doctors care. If this is surgically done that would explain it but if you somehow lost 216 lbs naturally, I would not think that would be very healthy.

In any case I am sure you did what a doctor has recommended and I really commend you on your weight loss. I have lost 70 lbs since January. Its not easy to do and maintain.

Congrats on what must be a life changing goal!

I have seen scales in the gym on our cruises=== but when you get on that first time--remember it might not be calibrated correctly.

Use that number you see the first day to see how you are doing the during the week.

You more then likly will be moving more on a cruise then at home-- but you are also eating different.

the water is different and there may be a slight water/ heat gain. which will be gone a day or two after you come home/

did I read that right... 216 lbs in 8 months? I hope you are under doctors care. If this is surgically done that would explain it but if you somehow lost 216 lbs naturally, I would not think that would be very healthy.

In any case I am sure you did what a doctor has recommended and I really commend you on your weight loss. I have lost 70 lbs since January. Its not easy to do and maintain.

Congrats on what must be a life changing goal!

Yes I had Verticle Sleeve Gastrectomy, a true life saver

I understand, I have been there, weighing myself every day, sometimes twice or more a day. Just have to say this, you can drive yourself nuts by weighing yourself everyday. My Weight Watcher counsellor even tried to discourage this. Just stick to your plan as well as you can, and remember that even if a couple of lbs creep on, that you will lose them quickly when back in your own environment. But as others say, Im pretty sure the gym will have one. Have a great cruise!:)

Archived