Maitre'D confirmed request...

mrssmith0

I've seen questions about this come up a few times so I thought that I would share my experience--

I e-mailed the maitre'd of the Destiny yesterday to make a request, he e-mailed me back about 1/2 hour later and said "We will accomodate your request"

I was requesting to dine in the Galaxy dining room and to have a table for just my husband, daughter and myself (I don't want my little one to bother anyone if she's being a messy eater or having a fussy time).

Thanks Marine Wife. That thread is now invalid apparently. I was able to open it earlier and got the 2 digit abbreviation code for the ship but I failed to print the list of ship codes and now I can't access the thread. :(

I sent an email to the Inspiration maitre d about my upcoming cruise and he responded that he will file it away for that cruise since they usually can only grant requests 72 hours in advance of cruise. Good info to know.

My request to be placed in the Mardi Gras MDR on the Inspiration was accommodated. However we had to go up a few steps and wind around the tables (our table was on the left but we had to use the right line for scheduled dining). After the first night, I parked my walker out of the way and came from the back.

Originally Posted by ohiogymrat viewpost.gif

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Hope this helps.:)

Originally Posted by ohiogymrat viewpost.gif

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Hope this helps.:)

AWESOME information! Thanks! (I'm going to save it). Janet

Carnival needs to get with the program and let cruisers express their dining preferences at booking. We prefer a large table and hate having to deal with it on embarkation day.

I think the issue with this could just be a matter of logistics. Lots of peeps would request a table for 2 or 4 because they don't like eating with strangers and the dining rooms aren't configured for this or like in YTD the tables are so close you might as well have banquet sitting. We are a family of 12 on our next cruise and the big tables sit 8 (or 10 if they squish). I bet we end up with a 4 and an 8....we'll just play musical chairs each night and joke with our waiters to see if they are paying attention. But I wouldn't mind two 8s. It would be fun to meet another family or some couples...and I guarantee they would like us (maybe not me, but the rest of the clan).

I have emailed twice w/dining requests...once I rec'd a reply & once I did not...different ships so maybe it depends upon the ship and/or matre'd...it is so much better than doing it on the ship after boarding & I'd think they would like it better as well! :p

Archived