do you carry on your makeup?

Thanna63

Lip Balm never a problem for us either.

The lip balm provided by Princess in our cabin is very good. Our poor cabin steward must have thought we were eating it or something because several times we left a note asking for two more. A the end of the cruise he left us a whole bag full. Guess he was giving us enough to get us home. :D

LuLu

~~~~

We've never gotten lip balm in our cabin before! Is that a suite perk?

We've never gotten lip balm in our cabin before! Is that a suite perk?

Gosh, we don't book FULL suites ... but are Princess Elite so that could explain it. Mostly, book mini-suites but have gotton the lip balm when in regular balcony cabins.

Very confusing what extras we get for what with things left in our cabin. :confused:

Bet if you want lip balm and ask your cabin steward no matter what sort of cabin or color card you have ... he'll bring you some. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

I do like to keep my make-up close to me (and it's not too hard because I don't wear much on a cruise -- just BB cream and some eye make-up). It's not that it's all that precious, but it would be hard for me to replace at the drop of a hat. I couldn't count on finding the brands and colors I like at the first drug store I could find.

Ditto for nail polish. I'll have a manicure before I sail, and I'll bring along a bottle of the polish that I'm wearing (for touch-ups). I can't count on finding THAT SHADE with little time.

In contrast, if my toiletries were to be lost, I'm not all that fussy over which brands I buy. For shampoo, for example, I stick to the same 3-4 brands, but they're all widely available and I could replace them at any drug store or even a grocery store. My moisturizer would be the hardest thing to replace, but I can always sub Aveeno, which is easy to find.

ALWAYS carry it on. I have very little liquid makeup. In fact, none. Eyeliner is a pencil. Lipsticks are no longer considered a cream or gel by the TSA. They never really considered mascara to be a danger, I've NEVER put mine in a 3-1-1 bag in the over a million miles I've flown since 9-11.

It would be difficult and expensive to replace makeup. I figure close to $500 to replace what's in my makeup bag right now--mostly SmashBox, Lancome, and Urban Decay plus some really nice makeup brushes. That would be if I could get to a store that carried those brands and find the right colors.

Like Mrs. Pete, I'm not super fussy about shampoo, conditioner, soap/body wash as long as they are better brands. The exceptions are face wash and face cream. I can sub Aveeno on the wash, but not the cream, so I always bring that along as well as my toothpaste (I'm picky on that) in my 3-1-1 bag. I thought I'd be smart and just buy hair spray in Europe this past summer--bad idea. I would if I was going to London, as I could easily find Bumble & Bumble there (not what I typically use but a great sub), but if I go back to Italy or Greece, I'll bring my brand along.

Edited by ducklite

• 1 year later...
I always put my make-up in my carry-on tote.

Last cruise, my bag that carried all my other beauty products, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant , lotions, perfume/cologne, etc., never made it to my room. Dropped my bags off at the port, and never saw that particular bag again!!! It had all my info on a leather strapped tag, including my hubby's cell number that he carried on the ship. Also had the cruise luggage tag, just like all my other bags. The other bags made it:confused: First port, Nassau, I went into town and bought my necessities $$$!!!

Still waiting for that bag to show up;)

OMG,,,what a nightmare! So sorry to hear this happened...:confused:

Unless we are doing carry-on only (doesn't happen often) my make-up is in my checked suitcase. I do bring hand lotion and lipstick/lip balm in my 3/1 bag, maybe toothpaste if it is a long flight, and that's it.

My make-up is just drug store type brands and easily replaceable, plus I can get along with very little if needed. Mascara is the one thing I don't want to be without.

Hopefully this gets answered quick as I am leaving for airport in a couple of hours. I see many of you carry on your powder/mineral make up. Has anyone ever had any problem carry it on? I would really like to carry my mineral make up, in my purse - I have always put it in my checked bags. It's all mineral make up. I can't use mascara and the eyeliner is mineral, too, since I can't use the pencil or the soft stick type.

Hopefully this gets answered quick as I am leaving for airport in a couple of hours. I see many of you carry on your powder/mineral make up. Has anyone ever had any problem carry it on? I would really like to carry my mineral make up, in my purse - I have always put it in my checked bags. It's all mineral make up. I can't use mascara and the eyeliner is mineral, too, since I can't use the pencil or the soft stick type.

If it's all powder, no problem, just put it in your purse. The only thing you have to put into your 3-1-1 bag are liquids. That bag you will take out at airport security, the powders just stay put in your purse.

3 - ounces or less (actually 3.4) container size per liquid, as many bottles as you can get in there and still zip the top

1 - quart sized bag (they like to see the clear zip top baggies)

1 - bag per person

If it's all powder, no problem, just put it in your purse. The only thing you have to put into your 3-1-1 bag are liquids. That bag you will take out at airport security, the powders just stay put in your purse.

3 - ounces or less (actually 3.4) container size per liquid, as many bottles as you can get in there and still zip the top

1 - quart sized bag (they like to see the clear zip top baggies)

1 - bag per person

1 bag per person is my favorite part. My husband doesn't carry on any liquids so I get 2 bags for my makeup and toiletries. :D

When my fav products are getting low, I put the container aside for when I travel - never take a full heavy liq container if I can help it. Also, when I purchase new, I ask if they have a sample size - they often do, and I take a couple of them.

Then if it should get lost not as expensive. and if I get it close to finished, I toss it before returning home.

Pack sunscreen if I am going on a long flight and taking a suitcase - if not, and if I have to I buy it before boarding the ship - their selection is expensive and awful.

Have a travel size refilable perfume container I take - use it in my purse all the time.

Have a checklist on my computer I print and check things off so I do not forget something - can add/alter depending on the trip.

• 4 weeks later...

I usually have enuf 'essentials' with me that I could get by with if required. My BIG stash of makeup/brushes usually goes in checked bag - but always have some 'replacements' in small sizes with me on the plane - and try to avoid liquids where possible (e.g. cream powder foundation, eye pencils, powder or stick blush, mascara, concealr) - I also keep some sample size hair products with me as well - just in case! (the thing I would be lost without are my styling brushes/round brushes - but I supposed those could easily be replaced altho I love mine!) - also try to put my travel hair dryer in my carryon as well.