ItalianFemmy's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - US Inaugural

italianfemmy

Good morning everyone! I can't respond to everyone individually at the moment because I have a ton of things on my task list this morning. I am going to try to add another mini chapter before I leave for the wedding but it will depend on how much I can get done this morning!! Thank you all sooooo much for your kind words and I will respond individually later!!

Thank you for posting another review as I too, am apart of your review fan club!

I'm curious... Have any thoughts about being a photographer for a potential cruise wedding? Let me know if I should email you directly....

Photographing a wedding on a cruise ship is on my to do list.. so yes, I would love to do that. But my one requirement would be that I get to choose the port of call to have the couple dress back up and do some amazing shots at one of the ports. lol. Yes, I like to give myself more work! :-D

Looking forward to another fantastic pictorial review from you!

It is just heartwarming to hear that all your artistic efforts were rewarded in part because of your Dream review! FANTASTIC! :D

I thank you so much for all the time and consideration you put into your reviews!

Can't wait for more (and the Chrissandra scuttlebutt) :)

So, we set afoot looking for our stateroom to set our bags so that we could explore the ship and most importantly, get some food in our bellies!

We booked an interior spa cabin through the TA for our group. The only thing I told the TA was important was that I wanted to be as close to the spa as possible. Our interior spa room number was 11208. Getting an elevator wasn't too bad when we needed to go up to our room but it wasn't an amazing experience either.

I was trying really hard not to check the ship out too much as we went to the room because I knew I'd want to start taking photos. I could tell the decor was different though and we'll get more into that later.

Deck 11 forward we go..... we get to our stateroom and open the door and I am immediately...

CONFUSED!!!!

The room is super small with no sitting area (and I've been on a fair number of Carnival ships.) Not only that but all we have for storage is this one small cabinet and normally there's several of them side by side. My immediate reaction is "I brought too much stuff for this tiny room." Followed by, "There must be a mistake somehow."

CarnivalBreeze107.jpg

CarnivalBreeze108.jpg

VERY SMALL in comparison to any other stateroom I've ever stayed in.

Seeing how small this room is, we can only imagine how tiny the bathroom is going to be now. And as you know, I am not a small girl!!

I open the bathroom door and to my surprise.....

CarnivalBreeze111.jpg

Yep! It's a handicap accessible room! Immediately, I start badgering myself over why I would have been so disrespectful as to choose a handicap room and deprive a potentially real handicapped individual from having it. Then, it sets in that I didn't choose my own room... I let the TA do it for me. I wanted to call the Purser's desk and change rooms for 2 reasons... 1.) I wanted a bigger, normal sized room. 2.) I wanted to allow someone who was actually handicapped to have the room. Latanya insisted the ship was sailing at full capacity and that they weren't going to do anything about it even if we called so I let it go.

CarnivalBreeze112.jpg

CarnivalBreeze113.jpg

I shrugged my shoulders and decided that having a big bathroom would be nice. We normally shower in the spa area to have more room but now we'd have more room to shower and get ready in those areas. Our luggage hadn't come yet so we'd deal with how to work that part out later on!

I will say the decorative pillows were nice and felt more home like in the state room.

I have a couple more shots from the bathroom too!

I really liked this basket.. it had more stuff in it than past cruises. It had fun things in it like Luna Chocolate bars, Listerine strips, toothpaste, lotion, emergen-c, etc!

CarnivalBreeze114.jpg

Latanya really loved these lotions and soaps during the week!

CarnivalBreeze115.jpg

Back into our room, we had these little bags at the foot of our beds from the spa...

CarnivalBreeze109.jpg

And inside of them....

CarnivalBreeze110.jpg

We also had spa robes but I didn't photograph them separately as I was starving by this point and wanted to go grab some lunch!

The spa was also in the back of my mind because the cloud 9 spa on the Dream was a major selling point for me for the Breeze since they also had a cloud 9 spa.

I saw visions of the Thalassotherapy pool dancing in my head,

and Latanya in her swimming suit, and I in my...

Oh wait.. that's a holiday poem! Back on track!!!!

We put our smaller bags away in the one tiny compartment cabinet and then decided to set out in search of food and to discover the ship!

(Next chapter will be tomorrow. I have to shower and go shoot a wedding!)

Subscribing now!!!!! Love your review so far and your pics, Fabulous!!! Keep them coming girl!!! LOL

Making me very very anxious for my Breeze cruise in April, and we also booked a Cabin cloud 9 spa Room, but with Balcony, for the price it was a real good deal!!

But on with the review!! :)

Of course I'm subscribing! You're reviewing a ship I'm sailing on (in 213 days, but who's counting?)!:rolleyes::D I'm so glad to hear you're receiving recognition for your talents. Very well-deserved, I might add.:)

Heather

Edited by SenatorsFan

I love the decor and the colors. And the goody basket in your bathroom is so cool (I hope they still have those same goodies on our June 22nd cruise, same with the little bottles of lotion and stuff). Great job on the review so far (makes me wish June would get here quicker ... and that's saying a lot since I am also moving then too).

Oh My!!! That is so small - how crazy!! We just got home from the 12/2 Breeze sailing, and were a family of 4 in a 4E inside quad. We had TONS of space - 3 full closets! I don't think I could get just my own stuff in that one closet you had. Wow.

We aren't spa people, but I was salivating over the Thalassotherapy pool on the Breeze as we walked by the glass ceiling over it up on Serenity. I have wondered about whether it would be worth it to pay the extra for a spa room - I think in our case only if it were a balcony to make sure we didn't have smoking by us. Did you think it was worth the upcharge?

Edited by sjb.illinois

Photographing a wedding on a cruise ship is on my to do list.. so yes, I would love to do that. But my one requirement would be that I get to choose the port of call to have the couple dress back up and do some amazing shots at one of the ports. lol. Yes, I like to give myself more work! :-D

If you were planning on being on the Pride in January I'd jump at the opportunity to have you photograph our wedding!

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Loving the review. We got off of the Liberty on 11/24/12 and got to see the Breeze docked in Miami...it was fun to see how it dwarfed the Liberty, which is not a small ship!!

I must second the recommendation for Premier Parking...we used them for the first time on our 11/17/12 Liberty sailing and were very impressed by the service. I do have a question though...you write that you were charged $8 a day; we paid $70 for the week (after all the taxes and $5 service fee was added in), so essentially $10 a day. Is there a code or some way to get a discounted rate?

And your room...oh my, I can't wait to hear where you stored all your stuff for an 8 day cruise with one tiny closet. We also booked a handicapped room on our last sailing (not by choice...we somehow missed that the room was handicapped), but it was an ocean view and although we lacked the couch we still had ample closet space. I'm not sure I could cope with an interior handicapped room though. It is tiny!! It looks like you have to hop over the vanity stool to get in the one side of the bed!!

Looking forward to more...

Im loving your review and looking forward to more!

Now seriously though, that dude in the picture behind you both looks very familiar:eek: He is either someone Ive met before, or looks very much like someone Ive met before!:D

Congratulations on getting published! I would SOOOOOO book you to shoot my wedding pictures!!!

Thanks for posting all the spa cabin pictures. We're in a spa cabin next year on the Breeze. I upgraded to a spa cabin for $90 more than what we paid for the other inside we were in. My mom won't use the spa, but that's still less than what I would have paid for a spa pass for the week, plus all the amenities in the room. Carnival has you and your Dream review to thank for that! ;)

Edited by gapearl

So, we set afoot looking for our stateroom to set our bags so that we could explore the ship and most importantly, get some food in our bellies!

We booked an interior spa cabin through the TA for our group. The only thing I told the TA was important was that I wanted to be as close to the spa as possible. Our interior spa room number was 11208. Getting an elevator wasn't too bad when we needed to go up to our room but it wasn't an amazing experience either.

I was trying really hard not to check the ship out too much as we went to the room because I knew I'd want to start taking photos. I could tell the decor was different though and we'll get more into that later.

Deck 11 forward we go..... we get to our stateroom and open the door and I am immediately...

CONFUSED!!!!

The room is super small with no sitting area (and I've been on a fair number of Carnival ships.) Not only that but all we have for storage is this one small cabinet and normally there's several of them side by side. My immediate reaction is "I brought too much stuff for this tiny room." Followed by, "There must be a mistake somehow."

CarnivalBreeze107.jpg

CarnivalBreeze108.jpg

VERY SMALL in comparison to any other stateroom I've ever stayed in.

Seeing how small this room is, we can only imagine how tiny the bathroom is going to be now. And as you know, I am not a small girl!!

I open the bathroom door and to my surprise.....

CarnivalBreeze111.jpg

Yep! It's a handicap accessible room! Immediately, I start badgering myself over why I would have been so disrespectful as to choose a handicap room and deprive a potentially real handicapped individual from having it. Then, it sets in that I didn't choose my own room... I let the TA do it for me. I wanted to call the Purser's desk and change rooms for 2 reasons... 1.) I wanted a bigger, normal sized room. 2.) I wanted to allow someone who was actually handicapped to have the room. Latanya insisted the ship was sailing at full capacity and that they weren't going to do anything about it even if we called so I let it go.

CarnivalBreeze112.jpg

CarnivalBreeze113.jpg

I shrugged my shoulders and decided that having a big bathroom would be nice. We normally shower in the spa area to have more room but now we'd have more room to shower and get ready in those areas. Our luggage hadn't come yet so we'd deal with how to work that part out later on!

My partner and I are in a spa interior cabin in March. Your pics appear to only have 1 closet. From what I've read hey should have 3. Can you confirm? Perhaps only 1 if its an accessible cabin.

Thanks for the review and pics all amazing! You and your partner look like a great couple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome review!! I am so fortunate that you did the review of the Dream, then I went on the Dream. Now you are reviewing the Breeze and I am on the Breeze in March!

Congratulations on being published! You have such a great eye! I'm sure you will be doing more and more!

Alicia - Great pics! I do however have one major issue with your reviews.......you do such an amazing and in-depth review, and keep us in such suspense waiting for the next installment! I've read your Dream review as well and loved it as well! Congrats on having your work published as well. Hoping that will boost your career. My step-niece got into photography about 10 years ago and is doing amazingly well now, and you have the same potential as well. Thanks for posting such great photos and reviews for all of us to enjoy. Our family is getting ready to book the Breeze for early 2014, and your review is making us very impatient! Keep up the great work!