ItalianFemmy's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - US Inaugural

italianfemmy

I accidentally left out some shots that I took right before we had lunch. As we were walking aft, I had to take some photos!!

This one shows the Norwegian Epic in port along with the Miami skyline.

CarnivalBreeze127.jpg

I am a sucker for a sea of boats all together in a cluster!

CarnivalBreeze128.jpg

I do a variation of this reflection shot on every cruise I take. I have to hang over the side railing and then hold my hand pretty far down with my camera in order to do this. But I love how the shadow from the ship in the water creates a symmetry that makes the entire shadow look like it could be a whale or something! Pretty neat! Also, you can see a small chess board midway down the lower deck! And I accidentally caught a couple kissing. I thought about editing them out but decided to keep them for story telling!

CarnivalBreeze129.jpg

CarnivalBreeze130.jpg

Something about this photo was begging me to give it a bit of an "older" edit feel... not quite vintage but more historic.

CarnivalBreeze131.jpg

There's a couple more photos coming up that I took before lunch and then I have some shots that I took after lunch and before the muster drill!

So, these photos were also taken before the muster drill (and there are more coming up!.) I mentioned earlier that after lunch was over, it was 3:20 and the muster drill was set to be at 3:30. So I decided to take photos until we heard the alarm for the muster drill...

The aft pool on deck 10 (Lido) looked so inviting! I loved seeing the city of Miami from just about every vantage point on the ship too!

CarnivalBreeze134.jpg

CarnivalBreeze135.jpg

By this point in time, I'd seen a fair amount of the ship decor on decks 10 and 11 and had also seen the atrium since it's in the middle of the decks and we had to go past it from our forward cabin to get aft for lunch. Something about this atrium was so different from other ships and I found it quite refreshing. I became obsessed with these lanterns and you will see more photos of them pop up probably at least 3-4 more times in this review! So, I kinda hope you love them 1/2 as much as I do! Hehe.

Looking down to the atrium dance floor in front of the Breeze bar.

CarnivalBreeze132.jpg

And looking up towards the sky...

CarnivalBreeze133.jpg

The muster drill still hadn't sounded and everyone was still eating food, drinking their favorite beverage and lounging poolside or taking a dip in the pool... so I decided to wander up to deck 12 to get a closer vantage point for the Splash Zone. More on that coming soon!

Italianfemmy,

I have to ask, since you were in cabin 11208, did you happen to see 11205? Thats what my mom and I are in next month... its a spa suite! I am super excited!

Sorry but no. :-( I always try not to peek into people's rooms even if the doors are open because I wouldn't want people peeking into mine! lol. The only reason I saw into the other handicap accessible room was because one evening later in the cruise, their family was backed up outside the door trying to get in and we had to wait for them to get all the way in the door. So, we saw their room as they were pushing a man in with his wheelchair.

I accidentally left out some shots that I took right before we had lunch. As we were walking aft, I had to take some photos!!

This one shows the Norwegian Epic in port along with the Miami skyline.

CarnivalBreeze127.jpg

I am a sucker for a sea of boats all together in a cluster!

CarnivalBreeze128.jpg

I do a variation of this reflection shot on every cruise I take. I have to hang over the side railing and then hold my hand pretty far down with my camera in order to do this. But I love how the shadow from the ship in the water creates a symmetry that makes the entire shadow look like it could be a whale or something! Pretty neat! Also, you can see a small chess board midway down the lower deck! And I accidentally caught a couple kissing. I thought about editing them out but decided to keep them for story telling!

CarnivalBreeze129.jpg

CarnivalBreeze130.jpg

Something about this photo was begging me to give it a bit of an "older" edit feel... not quite vintage but more historic.

CarnivalBreeze131.jpg

There's a couple more photos coming up that I took before lunch and then I have some shots that I took after lunch and before the muster drill!

I am speechless - these are amazingly beautiful. We took lots of snaps of this same set of views, and yours are soooooo much better!!! We'll stick to our day jobs - and leave the photography to the pros like you. Wow.

I am speechless - these are amazingly beautiful. We took lots of snaps of this same set of views, and yours are soooooo much better!!! We'll stick to our day jobs - and leave the photography to the pros like you. Wow.

Awww that is a really sweet thing to say! But at the end of the day, what is most important is that you have memories from your vacation. They don't have to look like mine.. they just have to remind you of the good times that were had!

Alicia thanks for telling me how to subscribe...never knew how...and I am always lost trying to find it again....so now I'm ready......Chris and Cass are just younger and their brains haven't been quite as abused as mine yet.....wait till you're 15 years older......

The pictures are amazing.....you are surely talented.....maybe you could even make me photogenic...I shy from pictures unless I'm imbibing and don't know they are being taken...as in the red frog pub shots....oh dear

Okay, so like I mentioned, we're still waiting for the muster drill alarm to sound and it's already 3:36pm. (I didn't have to take notes on the times because my camera data tracks the time my images are captured so I am checking those time stamps to tell you the times!) Pretty nifty, eh?

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.. we headed up to deck 12 to take some shots of the splash zone. Even though I had zero intention of going up there to 'play', I knew lots of parents would be reading my review and wanted to make sure I got some photos. Taking photos up there was fun so I wound up going back later in the week to take more!

CarnivalBreeze136.jpg

CarnivalBreeze137.jpg

CarnivalBreeze138.jpg

KER-SPLASH!!!

CarnivalBreeze139.jpg

This was the fun little sitting area right next to the splash zone, presumably a place for parents to watch their children from a safe distance.

CarnivalBreeze140.jpg

CarnivalBreeze141.jpg

And with that..

I am going to sign off for a while and get some work done and maybe take in a tv show!

One word to describe this comprehensive review is.....phenomenal. Each time I check in to see what you have added puts another smile on my face knowing what I have to look forward to for 6 days next month. Thank you again for taking the time to put together this review combining your fabulous photography with your words of wit with just the right amount of humor.

I was going to do a review and post my photos from this cruise, but this will blow mine out of the water! I didn't get a chance to meet you, and didn't partake too much in the Roll Call, but I saw you all walk in the Steakhouse the first night to take photos, and I said to myself "the massive Dream review girls!"

Can't wait for more!

I just got home and finally had some time to catch up with your review, your pictures are stunning. I LOVE the colors!

Your review making it very hard for me not to book a quick trip on Breeze. I might do a 6 nighter in june/july. Once again thanks for sharing :)

So off topic...but I love your user name... :)

Thank you It came about because we're from Ann Arbor, Michigan. Ann Arbor locals have various nicknames for the town, A2 being one of them. A2 is also frequently used as an abbreviation for local addresses. I also have another user name for different forums, which is FoCoNoCo (for Fort Collins Northern Colorado). That one came about as FoCo is commonly used here, as is NoCo, so I just combined the two.

Looking at your pictures really makes my mouth water and makes me excited to see the Breeze myself. I really like how the Lido deck (Marketplace) looks, and the signs that tell you which station is which is awesome.

In June when we go on our cruise, I will be the adult standing under the dump bucket at the waterworks (I love standing, and often times sitting, under the dump bucket), I'll probably go on the slide one or two times (hopefully my tailbone won't be hurting still - back in June we went to a small waterpark in Aruba and I landed on the edge of a slide while trying to shoot myself down it, and six months later my tailbone is still in agony, so I think just a few times down will satisfy me - plus those stairs tend to be a killer too).

Thank you It came about because we're from Ann Arbor, Michigan. Ann Arbor locals have various nicknames for the town, A2 being one of them. A2 is also frequently used as an abbreviation for local addresses. I also have another user name for different forums, which is FoCoNoCo (for Fort Collins Northern Colorado). That one came about as FoCo is commonly used here, as is NoCo, so I just combined the two.

I'm originally from Manchester, Mi, went to school in Saline. ;)

Small world.

One word to describe this comprehensive review is.....phenomenal. Each time I check in to see what you have added puts another smile on my face knowing what I have to look forward to for 6 days next month. Thank you again for taking the time to put together this review combining your fabulous photography with your words of wit with just the right amount of humor.

Phenomenal? Awww you're too kind. I feel like I haven't hit my stride in it yet, probably because I am so preoccupied with life and work and the holidays, etc at the moment!

I was going to do a review and post my photos from this cruise, but this will blow mine out of the water! I didn't get a chance to meet you, and didn't partake too much in the Roll Call, but I saw you all walk in the Steakhouse the first night to take photos, and I said to myself "the massive Dream review girls!"

Can't wait for more!

I think everyone that is considering a review should do one. We all have different experiences as well as different opinions. There shouldn't be a comparison.... so do it! :) Ahhh yes, we did sneak in for like 2 seconds to grab a quick photo that night! lol. I forgot about that!

I just got home and finally had some time to catch up with your review, your pictures are stunning. I LOVE the colors!

Your review making it very hard for me not to book a quick trip on Breeze. I might do a 6 nighter in june/july. Once again thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for the photos compliments!

I've read several people say they already want to book the Breeze based on the first part of my review. I have only been on the ship a total of less than 4 hours at this point in my review. And unfortunately, this entire review isn't going to be strawberries and roses. But, it's not going to be all bad either. So, I suggest people read the entire review before deciding to book just based off of the initial excitement. Some of the things that were important to me on this cruise might not be as important to others, etc... so it really depends....

Looking at your pictures really makes my mouth water and makes me excited to see the Breeze myself. I really like how the Lido deck (Marketplace) looks, and the signs that tell you which station is which is awesome.

In June when we go on our cruise, I will be the adult standing under the dump bucket at the waterworks (I love standing, and often times sitting, under the dump bucket), I'll probably go on the slide one or two times (hopefully my tailbone won't be hurting still - back in June we went to a small waterpark in Aruba and I landed on the edge of a slide while trying to shoot myself down it, and six months later my tailbone is still in agony, so I think just a few times down will satisfy me - plus those stairs tend to be a killer too).

Hey you! Speaking of mouth watering, I am starving!! I need to eat a banana for breakfast or something! Admittedly, I did want to stand under the dump bucket but the times I was there just weren't right in timing. Latanya did use the slide.. more on that on another segment later in the voyage. :-)

P.S. Sorry about your tailbone! :-(