The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

On the Solstice S-Class ships this wasted space is much larger.

So it cannot be utilized exactly as on the Marina.

However, Celebrity could have been more generous: the balconies that are sitting on the roof are just slightly deeper than the standard ones.

Example: Celebrity Silhouette

2u722s1.jpg

25rfhwy.jpg

2ro6u4z.jpg

207mk2r.jpg

Making corrections in the "official" deck plans (from now on I am using corrected deck plans):

2ym67i9.jpg

To be continued...

Spend two weeks on a crossing in 6293, we thought the balcony was a great for the price

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. We are sailing in the equivalent of the above photographed "6300" - 6301 on the Port side. While the view of the overhang is not ideal - the price is! :)

Edited by bhughey

I'm in 9209 on soltice. Hope it's good!

~Elise

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We were in 9209 on Reflection, which is in the same location, and it was a great cabin with a large hump balcony and very quiet!

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. We are sailing in the equivalent of the above photographed "6300" - 6301 on the Port side. While the view of the overhang is not ideal - the price is! :)

We were on the Equinox 9293 for 2 week ,on a TA , for a right price it a great area

I have just found this thread and am reading from the beginning. Right now I am on page 8.. so a long way to go.

Thank you for all this information, it really is amazing.

I am looking for cabin 7219 on the Eclipse.. have you posted a photo and location of that one? If so, please just tell me what page it is on, and if not; I would appreciate it if you would post one if you can.

Great work.

I have just looked over all 36 pages of this immense thread over the course of 2 evenings.

I was hoping I would stumble upon the cabins that we have for our Equinox Med tour in August but alas, they are not here (yet).

So, we originally booked 7204 (deck 7, 2B grade) but upgraded a few days ago to 1027 (deck 10, Concierge C3 grade) and would like to know if you good folk think this was a worthwhile move as it cost us a few hundred pounds.

From my own limited understanding, I think that the new cabin should be roughly mid front hump, close to elevators with no overhang above and no lifeboats below so pretty much perfect.

Can anyone offer any info to confirm or contradict this? It would be much appreciated.

I was confused as to why it has only a c3 grade and can only assume that it is due to it being quite a way forward.

Any photos of the location would be a bonus (Cruisetrail?!?) :)

Thanks,

Ben

Right here goes .... This is my first post on cruise critic. I have just finished reading this entire thread so thank you very much cruisetrail.... Took me a while to get through it all!

I have booked to go on eclipse in August and this will be only my second cruise. After my first cruise I thought I would be nice to be at the stern of the ship so I have booked sky suite 7359. For us in the uk we don't seem to get very good deals so for us it's quite expensive, though I'm sure we will ave an absolute fab time. I have seen the pictures for the cabin but I now have reservations that we will be overlooked! I realise we won't be in the cabin much but as a person who likes their privacy this has somewhat taken the shine off my holiday.

Could anybody give me feedback on suite 7359 at all?

Thanks so much

Right here goes .... This is my first post on cruise critic. I have just finished reading this entire thread so thank you very much cruisetrail.... Took me a while to get through it all!

I have booked to go on eclipse in August and this will be only my second cruise. After my first cruise I thought I would be nice to be at the stern of the ship so I have booked sky suite 7359. For us in the uk we don't seem to get very good deals so for us it's quite expensive, though I'm sure we will ave an absolute fab time. I have seen the pictures for the cabin but I now have reservations that we will be overlooked! I realise we won't be in the cabin much but as a person who likes their privacy this has somewhat taken the shine off my holiday.

Thanks so much

Hello and welcome to cruise critic.

When you say "overlooked" I assume you mean that people will be able to look down from above and see your veranda. I think that is correct but have never stayed in one.

1) You may want to review this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018 It provides some specific comments on various cabins. I took a peek but didn't see yours specifically.

2) I have been on a few S-Class ships and you indeed can look down and see the various verandas at the aft of the ship. That being said, I don't recall seeing anyone making a regular habit of this.

So, unless you and your partner are extremely shy or were planning on sunning yourselves "au natural" I think you'll be fine. I plan to book one of these cabins and am sure I will enjoy it.

Hello and welcome to cruise critic.

When you say "overlooked" I assume you mean that people will be able to look down from above and see your veranda. I think that is correct but have never stayed in one.

1) You may want to review this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018 It provides some specific comments on various cabins. I took a peek but didn't see yours specifically.

2) I have been on a few S-Class ships and you indeed can look down and see the various verandas at the aft of the ship. That being said, I don't recall seeing anyone making a regular habit of this.

So, unless you and your partner are extremely shy or were planning on sunning yourselves "au natural" I think you'll be fine. I plan to book one of these cabins and am sure I will enjoy it.

Thank you so much for replying ... I don't plan to go au natural as it would scare both the passengers and the seagulls!!!!

Thanks so much

We have just returned from a Baltic cruise on the Eclipse. We were in 7362, just along from the suite you have booked. Privacy not an issue. Only when standing at the rail can you be seen from above or below. While seated you will be invisible to all! Aft cabins are definately the best. Nothing better than seeing the ship's wake spreading away from you as you cruise to your next wonderful port of call.

We have just returned from a Baltic cruise on the Eclipse. We were in 7362, just along from the suite you have booked. Privacy not an issue. Only when standing at the rail can you be seen from above or below. While seated you will be invisible to all! Aft cabins are definately the best. Nothing better than seeing the ship's wake spreading away from you as you cruise to your next wonderful port of call.

Thanks so much for your reply. Really looking forward to our cruise now xx

Cruisetrail...I am absolutely in awe of your thread and I'm so impressed with all the pictures and the way you have the staterooms numbered.

We are on the Silhouette in Sept. stateroom #7225, portside. Do you possibly have a picture of that? It's on the hump and isn't supposed to be obstructed but I keep seeing all those lifeboats:eek: :confused:..I also wonder what you think of this balcony. Will it be sunny?

I've also noticed some balconies have little footstools with their chairs and some don't. Why is that? We plan on spending some of our time on our balcony on sea days...the footstools would be nice to have. I think I've read up through page 25 and haven't seen our's yet.

And, could you please tell me why the hump cabins are so sought after? Sorry for the question, but fairly new to sailing.:o

Have cabin 8252 booked on the Silhouette for our Med cruise in September. Any thoughts, info, pictures would be appreciated...... The good the bad and the ugly please

Thanks

Have you registered for the roll call for that cruise? We are on the same cruise.

I am booked on the Reflection in rooms 2181 & 2183 and am wondering if the overhang and sounds from the cafe are that bad?? Is there a better location? It seems like most of the sky suites are on the same deck. Thanks

Cruisetrail...I am absolutely in awe of your thread and I'm so impressed with all the pictures and the way you have the staterooms numbered.

We are on the Silhouette in Sept. stateroom #7225, portside. Do you possibly have a picture of that? It's on the hump and isn't supposed to be obstructed but I keep seeing all those lifeboats:eek: :confused:..I also wonder what you think of this balcony. Will it be sunny?

I've also noticed some balconies have little footstools with their chairs and some don't. Why is that? We plan on spending some of our time on our balcony on sea days...the footstools would be nice to have. I think I've read up through page 25 and haven't seen our's yet.

And, could you please tell me why the hump cabins are so sought after? Sorry for the question, but fairly new to sailing.:o

Bumping up my question...I don't think cruisetrail has been posting. Maybe he's on a cruise.:confused:

Someone posted this youtube video of cabin 6301 (think it's a different ship than you are on but it will give you a good idea).

Thought you might want to see it.

Edited by RickT

Someone posted this youtube video of cabin 6301 (think it's a different ship than you are on but it will give you a good idea).

Thought you might want to see it.

This is great! Thank you for sharing! Yep, I can totally live with that no problem. Now if I can only make it through the next 148 days until we leave!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app