LAX to Long Beach Port

mrsrosa

I am thinking of taking the 15 day Hawaii cruise from Long Beach, CA to Vancouver, BC.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get from the airport (LAX is cheapest for me) to the Long Beach port?

I plan on flying down the same day the cruise leaves so I won't be staying at a hotel.

I am thinking of taking the 15 day Hawaii cruise from Long Beach, CA to Vancouver, BC.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get from the airport (LAX is cheapest for me) to the Long Beach port?

I plan on flying down the same day the cruise leaves so I won't be staying at a hotel.

Check Super Shuttle or Prime Time. They are both reliable and rates are among the lowest I have found.

We are using SuperShuttle from LAX to our hotel and then we are using Carnival transfers from the cruise terminal back to LAX. Heard we might get off the boat faster and on the shuttles quicker if we went with Carnival......don't know yet:rolleyes:

How long does it typically take to get from LAX to the port using Super Shuttle? I'm planning on doing this next November. Our Southwest flight would get in around 8 am, if all goes well.

It's hard to pin down the exact time for the trip from LAX to the port. Traffic on California highways are generally extremely crowded. The last time I was there it took only about 30-45 minutes. If your flight gets in at 8:00 AM you've got nothing to worry about. Have a great cruise. ;)

I vote for Super Shuttle as well. I didn't know that I paid for a private Super Shuttle when we got off the ship. We kind of felt guilty having the van all to ourselves, but waiting for others wasn't an option as we were cutting it close for our flight. We hit traffic and just barely made it in time. They are very good, no complaints.

SuperShuttle and Prime Time are fine if there are three or less of you. If there are four the taxi is the better deal. The trip art 8:30 AM can be as quick as 30 minutes but with an accident somewhere along the way can take aslong as 1.5 hours. If you decide on Super or Prime, make a reservation. Sometimes they have a slight discount by prepaying on a CC.

Have a great time.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

We had a major, major problem just two years ago with Prime Time (we had prebooked a private van, but on our sailing day, the van was sent to the port instead of our house, and on our disembarkation day, the van was sent to our house instead of the port -- and when the curbside rep called them on that last day, his office was actually arguing with him that we were supposed to be waiting at our house:eek::mad:...and the email confirmation we were sent after booking had the right info) so I wouldn't say they're all that reliable. We're trying a smaller company next time so our fingers are crossed and I will report after we get back.

As for mrsrosa, make sure you make your flight. Some one who was booked for the current Golden Princess sailing had a same day flight from Seattle, and for some reason, missed it. He's planning to fly to Hawaii to catch the ship, but that means he'll miss on all the Hawaiian ports (due to the PVSA) and won't get a refund on the missed days of the cruise. If flights are involved, I don't recommend trying to get to your embarkation port the same day.

Archived