What is the difference btwn Allure and Oasis

jalee7

Ok. So I have cruise fever and need to book my next cruise for probably around May 2013. I am researching ships and I really want to go on Allure or Oasis. But what is the difference between the two ships? The decks are exactly the same. Is there any difference. Any info is appreciated.

Ok. So I have cruise fever and need to book my next cruise for probably around May 2013. I am researching ships and I really want to go on Allure or Oasis. But what is the difference between the two ships? The decks are exactly the same. Is there any difference. Any info is appreciated.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1753682

As previous posters have said, Allure is a tiny bit longer than Oasis, Allure has Chicago as the show and Oasis has Hairspray, slightly different eating options too, Oasis has solarium bistro, seafood shack (both chargeable tho Solarium cafe is complimentary for breakfast and lunch) and a donut stand whilst Allure has Rita's cantina, samba grill and the boardwalk doghouse. I have been on Oasis and it was fantastic, want to try Allure but just wish the itinerary was different to east/west caribbean.

That doesn't make it any better!!! Why do I have to always explain this to people???

Don't believe it was said anywhere that the reported 2" longer made it any better - just listed as one of the differences. In fact everything I've read on this thread indicates a difference, not a "which is better". Don't think your explanation is needed.

Don't believe it was said anywhere that the reported 2" longer made it any better - just listed as one of the differences. In fact everything I've read on this thread indicates a difference, not a "which is better". Don't think your explanation is needed.

Here's one. The Dog House is much, much, much better than the Donut Shop.:D:D:D

That is of course in my humble opinion.:)

LOL - There you go starting trouble! This is the "what's the difference" thread, not the "which is better" thread. Thought I made that clear! :D;)

Sometimes I just can't help myself. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This comes up a lot and I see Clarea has listed one thread about this. I also see you've been on Freedom so a lot about the ships will be familar to you even though these ships are unique. My advice on this subject if leaving on Saturday or Sunday is a preference pick the ship that leaves that day. If you have a specific week in mind, on any given week Allure does one itinerary and Oasis does the other, so if you want to sail, for example the end of April and want to do Eastern, go on Allure, if you want Western, go on Oasis . (for that week)

I agree and my opinion is not so humble. I have a picture of the German brat in a ridiculously high resolution I could post, but it would make anyone withe less than a 24" monitor scroll back and forth to see it all!

We will be on Allure next month. There are no complementary donuts on Allure?

Oasis has a complementary coffee shop but Allure has Starbucks which is not complementary.

I agree and my opinion is not so humble. I have a picture of the German brat in a ridiculously high resolution I could post, but it would make anyone withe less than a 24" monitor scroll back and forth to see it all!

Ok then the DIFFERENCE is the Allure has the Dog House and the Oasis the Donut Shop. The Dog House is much, much, much, much, much better!!!!

I REALLY wanted too sail Allure next year for that reason (sad isn't it?) but the Oasis same time period is $300 less. The Hot dogs are NOT that much better:eek::p

Ok then the DIFFERENCE is the Allure has the Dog House and the Oasis the Donut Shop. The Dog House is much, much, much, much, much better!!!!

I REALLY wanted too sail Allure next year for that reason (sad isn't it?) but the Oasis same time period is $300 less. The Hot dogs are NOT that much better:eek::p

You got me there. I don't think even I could eat $300 worth of hotdogs but then again you have a whole week. :D

We will be on Allure next month. There are no complementary donuts on Allure?

Oasis has a complementary coffee shop but Allure has Starbucks which is not complementary.

Oasis and Allure now both have a Starbucks, but they also both have complementary coffee in the Cafe Promenade.

Donut shop on Allure is across from the Dog House, and is open in the mornings only.

Allure does have donuts in a display opposite the Dog House, just not a donut "shop".

True, and they are just brought down from wherever the doughuts in the Windjammer come from. There are equivalent to day old grocery store doughnuts.

Congratulations on having the money to go on one of the 2 largest ships in the world! LOL :) Anyways, I have spent a LOT of time researching Allure and Oasis, and these are the differences (not many, and slight differences) that I have noticed:

1. They have different musicals, Allure has Chicago, and Oasis has Hairspray.

2. Oasis has 2,394 crew members, and Allure has 2,384 (yes, a whole 10 less, but you asked about the differences :) )

3. Oasis is 1,186.5 ft in length, and Allure is 1,187 ft :) .

4. They were built in different years

5. Their dining rooms are called different names

6. Their staff isn't the same (ok, now I'm just having way too much fun :) )

7. Their names are different LOL

Hope you have a great trip on whatever ship you choose! I know you will! I mean, come on, you're on ALLURE or OASIS here! It CAN'T be THAT bad, even if you tried to have a terrible time!

You must not be very tall...

You must not be very tall...

Huh? :confused::confused::confused:

Archived