Reflection or Silhouette?

dkny330

Getting ready to book a Spring cruise and trying to decide between the two. Itinerary really doesn't matter so what are the differences between the two? Any advantages or pros one has over the other? Thanks for your help!

Guess some folks would want to go on the Reflection because she is the newest vessel in the fleet. On the other hand, some might prefer the Silhouette because she has been broken-in and currently runs like a fine swiss watch (we have spent 37 days on her in the past 12 months). But differences between the two are subtle (you could say this for all the Solstice Class ships) and would not be the deal maker or breaker for us. We would choose between any of the S class ships simply based on itinerary and price.

Hank

When we were shopping for a January cruise, AQ was significantly less expensive on silhouette. Since we didn't care about the itinerary either, that made up our mind. Plus, we were a bit worried about the effect of the extra pax on Reflection on crowding in public areas.

But I don't think you could go wrong with either!

We are avoiding the Reflection...reduced sky lounge (important to us on cold or rainy days); increased passengers but only small increase in seating in Blu and other venues (we generally book aqua class), view from the bow is now blocked by glass (problem taking pictures), and blocked views from the lawn due to increased cabanas (that we don't understand in the first place).

We like all of the other solstice class ships....we would obviously opt for the Silhouette

increased passengers but only small increase in seating in Blu and other venues

Reflection has capacity for 160 additional passengers - 3046 vs 2886 on Silhouette. Reflection will offer 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, 4 more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room.

I would go for Silhouette. It´s the second newest ship, still without the entire deck, which was added to Reflection.

Not true. Both ships have 15 decks. What was added was the equivalent of 1/3 of a deck by raising the middle of deck 12 and 14 (there is no deck 13) and adding 47 cabins in the new space. Click on this link to see an animated photo of the changes. Scroll down about a third of the way to the picture of the ship and then put your mouse over the pic and it will change. http://www.cruisetricks.de/die-vielen-kleinen-unterschiede-der-celebrity-reflection/

Not true. Both ships have 15 decks. What was added was the equivalent of 1/3 of a deck by raising the middle of deck 12 and 14 (there is no deck 13) and adding 47 cabins in the new space. Click on this link to see an animated photo of the changes. Scroll down about a third of the way to the picture of the ship and then put your mouse over the pic and it will change. http://www.cruisetricks.de/die-vielen-kleinen-unterschiede-der-celebrity-reflection/

This is correct. Still one more deck of pax.

btw. sorry for the double post.

That's a tough choice. I think I lean towards the Relection for the sole reason of the outdoor area of the Oceanview Cafe. The bar and sofas have been removed as well as the smoking section. For those who like to eat outdoors, there are now plenty of tables and lots of shade.

We had an AQ cabin on the Reflection and never once had the wait for a table in Blu for the 10 days. I do agree with others about the Sky Lounge, the additional cabins have made it an awkward space.

Reflection has capacity for 160 additional passengers - 3046 vs 2886 on Silhouette. Reflection will offer 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Café, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, 4 more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room.

[/url]

Assuming two turns of tables/seats in Blu for dinner, that means they can accommodate 48 additional dinners......for those 160 additional passengers, most of which are aqua class. Even with three turns, it doesn't work too well.

Assuming two turns of tables/seats in Blu for dinner, that means they can accommodate 48 additional dinners......for those 160 additional passengers, most of which are aqua class. Even with three turns, it doesn't work too well.

Which means to me that they will probably start limiting suite patrons eating in Blu.

Which means to me that they will probably start limiting suite patrons eating in Blu.

They already do...on all ships. Suite customers are only welcome in blu if there is space available. I have stood there and heard suite guests being turned away and told to return after 8:30. It will likely be worse on the reflection....

This is correct. Still one more deck of pax.

I don't want to keep picking on this fact, but it's only one third of a deck of passengers, not "one more deck". The rear half of this deck already had cabins there, so there aren't any more passengers there, and the front half of this deck is still the Spa and fitness center, so there aren't more passengers there either. (the following deck plans from Celebrity's web site)

SILHOUETTE:

SI_Resort_Deck_1453_H.gif

REFLECTION:

RF_Resort_Deck_1492_H.gif

I don't want to keep picking on this fact, but it's only one third of a deck of passengers, not "one more deck". The rear half of this deck already had cabins there, so there aren't any more passengers there, and the front half of this deck is still the Spa and fitness center, so there aren't more passengers there either. Besides, those 57 new cabins (not 47 as previously reported) are all Aqua Class so at double occupancy that only means 114 more passengers on that raised deck area.

SILHOUETTE:

SI_Resort_Deck_1453_H.gif

REFLECTION:

RF_Resort_Deck_1492_H.gif

Actually, there are 66 additional cabins on the Reflection -- counting the 6 on Deck 11 that replaced the Penthouse Suite. They are C1's, by the way.

Actually, there are 66 additional cabins on the Reflection -- counting the 6 on Deck 11 that replaced the Penthouse Suite. They are C1's, by the way.

Thanks! I edited my post to eliminate the cabin count to avoid any confusion or erroneous information.

Archived