New Concierge Class Perks?

Boiler Fan

On the Summit last month, the lounge was the conference center. Just a few drinks available. The nice part was that they made an announcement in-room for the various debarkation groups a bit before the shipwide PA announcement.

The main reason we booked a concierge cabin is because it is cheaper than aqua on our sailing and it gives us the extra point for the captains club. It doesn't hurt that we were able to book one of the large hump balconies.

You still get that extra point with a AQ cabin. I am surprised you don't get 2 points for a suite

Maybe it's sad, but I still think the footstool on the veranda is one of the best perks of CC! Although I admit we like the canapes and the room service menu too.

I agree about the footstool. Didn't like the canapes and asked for cheese. Next time we got the canapes again and I said I'm supposed to get the cheese plate. The steward said, "I'll be right back" He never came back. :eek::o

Maybe it's sad, but I still think the footstool on the veranda is one of the best perks of CC! Although I admit we like the canapes and the room service menu too.

Oh yeah I forgot about the footstools - those ARE important. I'm in my first CC this coming October. I look forward to being able to use one LOL. (though I hope it's not too cold since we are doing New England/Canada lol.)

You still get that extra point with a AQ cabin. I am surprised you don't get 2 points for a suite

Yeah I know, I am just one of the rare people that doesn't like blu and aqua is slightly more expensive to get a good location. I wish you did get 2 points on a suite because then I might be able to talk my husband into booking one.

Hmmm, the departure lounge isn't new it's just been resurrected :) When CC was first introduced it included the private departure lounge (Michael's Club, on M class) with a continental breakfast, it also included priority tender tickets,(to me, the most valuable perk you can get) a few years back, these benefits were removed from CC & given to the elite captain's club members instead.

Just off the Eclipse (12/15/12) in CC class and our departure lounge was Quise which was packed and everyone was waiting in the Ensemble(sp) Lounge, not enough chairs for all the people waiting to be called. Each of the speciality restaurants was a designated waiting area but were PACKED! Free coffee and juice if you could get in there, plus no CC hosts to advise what to do and when to disembark(they say no announcements will be made)

As far as the canapes in the afternoon, our room stewart left them even though we were not in the room and after about 3 hours they were removed uneaten. There was baby shrimp on cucumbers, flavored cream cheese on cheese, and various items I could not describe or recognize. I certainly would not call these 2 items a perk of CC.

Just off the Eclipse (12/15/12) in CC class and our departure lounge was Quise which was packed and everyone was waiting in the Ensemble(sp) Lounge, not enough chairs for all the people waiting to be called. Each of the speciality restaurants was a designated waiting area but were PACKED! Free coffee and juice if you could get in there, plus no CC hosts to advise what to do and when to disembark(they say no announcements will be made)

As far as the canapes in the afternoon, our room stewart left them even though we were not in the room and after about 3 hours they were removed uneaten. There was baby shrimp on cucumbers, flavored cream cheese on cheese, and various items I could not describe or recognize. I certainly would not call these 2 items a perk of CC.

It's just amazing how things can be run so differently on different ships. We got off the Connie on 12/20 and the CC lounge was the MDR, which provided plenty of tables and chairs for everyone. Coffee, juices and pastries were served. Someone will come in every 10 minutes or so and announce the numbers called. It was very well organized.

Archived