How many entered the RC & Me Photo and Essay Contest?

Did you enter the RC & Me Photo Contest?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enter the RC & Me Photo Contest?

• Yes, I entered the contest long ago
    • Yes, I entered the contest at the last minute
    • No, I meant to, but forgot to enter the contest
    • No, I never enter contest...a big waste of time

Just curious to see how many C&A members from this board entered the "Royal Caribbean & Me Photo and Essay contest?

Photo's were to be taken showing the entree with a C&A magazine, anywhere in the world.

The Grand prize is a cruise on the Freedom!:)

The contest ends today.

If you like, describe the photo that you entered.

ckrobyn - Don't feel bad. I have been meaning to for weeks and was going through my stack of mail the other day when I discovered the C&A magazine. I just entered the contest this week.

Hope I win at least one of the free cruises. Wish me luck! ;)

I entered Sunday evening. I kind of forgot about it but one of the other ladies who will be sailing when we sail reminded me since she just entered, so I went ahead. I figured I can't win if I don't try and it would be wonderful to win a free cruise! :D

I just checked my USPS tracking # and it was delivered at 8:18 this morning; postmarked on the absolute last day and arrived the last day!

I wrote a poem about how I use my Crown and Anchor magazine to plan my RCI cruise when I'm home in frosty Duluth, Minnesota. My friend took a photo of my up on a huge snowbank, in a beach chair with an umbrella, holding an RCI glass with a "drink" in it (and a paper umbrella); and I'm reading the C & A magazine too.

The poem rhymed - and on first draft was 76 words. I only had to eliminate one!

I entered over the winter. I NEVER win anything but I thought I would give it a try. I would love to win and take all our grown up kids with us. My picture was of me at home "bundled " up in a homemade quilt reading the C&A and dreaming about sunny decks on the Serenade and beautiful sunsets from by balcony room- not the reality of my snow covered deck in Iowa!

I wrote a poem about how I use my Crown and Anchor magazine to plan my RCI cruise when I'm home in frosty Duluth, Minnesota. My friend took a photo of my up on a huge snowbank, in a beach chair with an umbrella, holding an RCI glass with a "drink" in it (and a paper umbrella); and I'm reading the C & A magazine too.

Sounds great!!! Good luck to you :D

I could not answer the poll correctly, I did not see it as a waste of time, just wasn't interested and to be honest, I'm not that creative ;)

###

I entered mine about a month ago. I had made a giant cutout of a great white shark for my son's birthday party. I cut the mouth open so I could take a picture of all the kids so it looked like the shark was eating them.

I put my bathing suit on, and my mask and snorkel holding the C&A Magazine and put my digital camera on the timer mode and clicked some rather silly photos of myself. I then used a photo program to put a frame around the photo that read NOT WITHOUT MY CROWN & ANCHOR.

I would so love to win and prove my husband wrong. He always makes fun of me for entering contests!

So, if I do win, don't make fun of me too much! BTW, I will take any prize they are willing to give out! LOL

My picture (also taken with a timer on my digital camera) was me sleeping on the floor with all the dirty clothes from my previous cruise dumped over me...I'm dreaming with the C&A in my arms. Maybe not so creative, but it was fun throwing all the clothes around before I had to clean up.

Ellen,

As usual, you came up with a very clever idea! Somehow, I can picture you on your snow mound in Duluth...you sure had enough of it this year! Hope you win a cruise on the Freedom! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :D

I had my kennel managers dogs dressed in Sailor attire and a RCI Tshirt and a captains hat. I was between the two of them with my St Lucia Tshirt on and holding the C & A magazine. The back ground was the entrance door to my kennel, with the closed sign and the hours that we are open. The two dogs are having a conversation that I have to close my business completely down to go on the cruise. They are saying that I should take the hint that they want to cruise too, since they are all dressed up and ready to go.

Boy are there some very creative cruisers out there!! My picture was of me on a climbing wall reading my C & A Magazine. I said, I was practicing up for my cruise this July on the Serenade of the Sea. You guys have me beat hands down!! Good luck to everyone that at least gave it a shot!

I had all these great ideas of different poses we could do in the ports on our March cruise. I brought two copies of the C&A along, but totally forgot about the contest until the last day of our cruise! So I took a few pics of the kids on our balcony reading the C&A's....they looked really cute:) and my essay was them talking about all the fun they had on this cruise and planning their next adventure!

Now that the deadline is past, here was my poem, to go along with the snowbank photo, entitled "Just Chilling":

Where I live, it’s icy and cold,

I long for warmth, and sunsets of gold.

The rush of a ship through the beautiful sea,

On Royal Caribbean, I always feel free.

Alaska, Caribbean, Europe, Med -

So many choices, it’s gone to my head!

I read my Crown and Anchor for news,

While I ponder my next Royal Caribbean cruise.

It’s the greatest way, without a doubt,

To dream of the tropics, and just "chill out"!

We built a big snowman, or should I say snowwoman in our backyard (hadn't done that in about 20+years!) I dressed her up in a grass skirt and flower lei and a RCCL sunvisor and we lit a couple of tiki torches behind her. DH is reading a copy of C & A to her in his RCCL baseball cap, drinking from his RCCL coffee mug. Mrs "Vinter" our snowwoman's name (which is winter in Norwegian) is telling my DH about how she is "dying" to take a warm weather vacation to Hawaii, but Mr. Vinter wants to go to Alaska since he has "relatives" there! My DH has 3 copies of C & A in the photo and he tries to help her pick the perfect vacation. :)

Archived