New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Just back from silhouette with 1-2-3 classic drink upgrade....we saw a definite increase in bar crowds all over the ship....that being said we didnt feel we ever waited overly long for a drink...

.we had 2 minor issues using classic....martini bar was not a welcoming place for classic..the waiter we had was unpleasant and did bring me warm small cosmo when asked ....he tried to tell us there was no drinks for us there....we found nicer servers in all other locations...ensemble lounge...passport....sunset....

If you have any specific questions....ide be happy yo try and answer.

We did the Classic last year which worked great for us as we are not Martini drinkers! I would imagine although there will be more people drinking because they have the package it would be less work for the bar staff as they don't have to get signatures? Fingers crossed as we had to PAY full for our drinks package as we are from the UK and they did not allow us to upgrade to 1,2,3, its not a problem for us really as it was just so hassle free, sail on Sunday so really excited now!!

Looking at booking Celebrity 7 nt cruise for end of March 2013 & using the 123Go Classic Drink Package. I know there are some wines included in that package. We usually get bottle of wine at dinner each night, but if we get the classic or premium drink package, we will have to get wine by glass at dinner. So my question is will we have any problems getting a 2nd or 3rd glass of wine each during dinner -- will there be a wine waiter around to get us something during the dinner courses??? Usually the waiter & asst waiter seem so busy, just wonder if anyone will be around to get us an additional glass.... (Thanks everyone!)

Hi Cruisin Kay D,

I believe that everything should work out fine. I recommend advising the Sommelier that you are on the package, on the first night of your cruise. It's in their best interests to keep you happy. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Booked June Silhouette European cruise in January and chose the beverage package and free gratuities. Saw the Captain's Club promo that we were eligible or all three promotions. Called Celebrity on 2/8/13 and was told I was all set, for all 3 promotions but as of today only the beverage package and gratuities are on my reservation. The $300 onboard credit still not on my reservation. Should I call and confirm as the rep said it took 11 days to post? Today is the last day for this promo. Thanks!

Did you try to get any of the specialty coffees or smoothies with the package?

Thanks!:)

We did have lattes and frappes....

The first time i ordered a frappe they tried to say it wasnt covered in the classic package...i asked the server to double check....she came back and said she was mistaken and gave me the frappe....we did not have any coffee drinks with liquor...we did not have any smoothies...

We had plenty of frozen drinks tho....virgin and with liquor

Booked June Silhouette European cruise in January and chose the beverage package and free gratuities. Saw the Captain's Club promo that we were eligible or all three promotions. Called Celebrity on 2/8/13 and was told I was all set, for all 3 promotions but as of today only the beverage package and gratuities are on my reservation. The $300 onboard credit still not on my reservation. Should I call and confirm as the rep said it took 11 days to post? Today is the last day for this promo. Thanks!

Hi Fitznorton,

Call if it will make you more comfortable. The good news - if you booked during the promotion, odds are excellent that everything will be fine. Good Luck, and enjoy your Cruise !

We did have lattes and frappes....

The first time i ordered a frappe they tried to say it wasnt covered in the classic package...i asked the server to double check....she came back and said she was mistaken and gave me the frappe....we did not have any coffee drinks with liquor...we did not have any smoothies...

We had plenty of frozen drinks tho....virgin and with liquor

Thanks so much for the reply! Looks like at least up to $5.00 drinks are covered, still hoping I can get a Crocante without having to pay full price. Glad to hear about the frozen virgin drinks too.:)

We don't sail until late June so by then I would think that they will have a good understanding of what is and isn't covered by these packages.

what code do you have on your reservation? the code that i have and someone else that posted after i had asked have matching codes. i originally had the wrong code that only had the beverage package/gratuities and called back to double check and they changed my code to the correct one. you can scroll back a page or two where i posted the code and see if that matches yours. i am interested to see what code you have right now so i can compare it to the original incorrect code that was given to me. then, i can let you know if you have the incorrect code.

i also did the summer 2013 european cruise for all three promos.

Edited by ang2383

Thanks so much for the reply! Looks like at least up to $5.00 drinks are covered, still hoping I can get a Crocante without having to pay full price. Glad to hear about the frozen virgin drinks too.:)

We don't sail until late June so by then I would think that they will have a good understanding of what is and isn't covered by these packages.

What is crocante??

Espresso with crushed granola and caramel syrup, it was so, so good! Best coffee drink I had from Cafe al Bacio but it is a $6.00 drink so I am worried it won't be covered.

Probably not, it would be great if they posted the Al Bacio menu and showed which ones were in the classic and which ones are in the premium. It's the most confusing of the whole package situation to me.

Probably not, it would be great if they posted the Al Bacio menu and showed which ones were in the classic and which ones are in the premium. It's the most confusing of the whole package situation to me.

You've got that right :( I have seen some things, Celebrity's reply to Host Andy and that scanned package description that someone picked up onboard, that suggest that all the coffees are included and then I read other things that make it seem unlikely.

I'm still worried. My TA has given me the revised invoice with the code on it but it still has not come up on My Celebrity.

I also requested to upgrade, TA said she'll take care of it & on the 19th came back to me saying that it can be purchased onboard. Thanks TA, but i wanted it organised beforehand for a reason!

My TA got various answers. I called and was told only TA s can do it till the 25 th.

As of now, waiting on invoice.... We are officially upgraded.

Reason why change of heart?

1. In the big picture 160 was not much for freedom of mind that no drink would be "off limits"

2. Read too many posts that bartenders were not happy with people getting small drinks to stay within the package

3. Why not. It's my vacay and I want noooooooo worries. :-)

I will be very glad when this promotion ends as it was not a good deal for us to take on our spring 14 dayer on the Elipse. Celebrity jacked the fares way up after we had already booked. I wish Celebrity had simply put the Beverage Packages on sale. I would very probably risen to the bait then. Do they not realize that the price for a premium package times 14 days is just crazy. I will very likely now drink less as I will have to fight the crowd qued up for drinks every afternoon after they get back on board. The Eclipse is in port 6 days in a row! Come on Celebrity.......

Rob

We were very pleased to find that our Millie Asia cruise was the same price as we booked so that one worked for us. We booked really early (March 2012) and caught a special for our Baltic cruise. The prices rose steadily all year and then a couple of weeks ago our category fell just enough for us (4 couples) to take advantage of the 123 with all 3 perks. You just have to do the math. Our Silhouette cruise (caught the same deal in Jun/12) is still a much better rate and not worth it to rebook even for all 3 perks. As ii is a year out we will just watch and take advantage of any deals that come up between now and then:)

Edited by Christine Frances

I'm still worried. My TA has given me the revised invoice with the code on it but it still has not come up on My Celebrity.

I also requested to upgrade, TA said she'll take care of it & on the 19th came back to me saying that it can be purchased onboard. Thanks TA, but i wanted it organised beforehand for a reason!

I had the same type of issues, and just wanted it dealt with (I booked with a TA but it wasn't getting done continually being told 10 more days...etc.). Thanks to the "warning" thread, I called the number for enhancements given at post #32 of that thread, told them I wanted to pay for the upgrade and it was done in minutes. The charge has gone through on my card, it is in the extras portion of My Celebrity and I got a confirmation email before I even hung up the phone with them.

I'm sure it would have been fine anyway, but nice to have it done and dealt with.

Dang, I tried the same number and only my TA can change it they insisted. I hope to see a new invoice soon

So weird, I called 3 different times and upgraded 5 cruises (one for my friends) all of which were booked through TA's and it all worked fine for all of them. Interesting how many different answers you can get at that number!

I could see them building int the non alcoholic package and maybe the daily service charge :rolleyes: into the pricing

I cannot see building the alcoholic into the price, you could lose a lot non drinkers cruisers

But they already build the price of drinks into the Xpedition cruises, so there is precedence for having that. (I'm a non-drinker, and I figure it is a matter of whether the entire cruise is worth it. But personally, I'd prefer a few hundred off.)

I can see them going to all inclusive European cruises (assuming this is a study in whether people pay higher fare when alcohol is dangled in front of them), as those are very port intensive. Caribbean doesn't seem as likely.

So, now I'm worried about when this will show in my reservation on the X web site ... I booked with a TA, my invoice says "Complementary Beverage Package" and also a line item "Upgrade" at $80.50 for each of us (we upgraded to the premium package), BUT nothing shows on my reservation on the X website.

Although, the specialty I booked does show on the X website.

Thoughts?