Splendor - Carnival Offering Full Refund if Desired

qsuzi

I would love to spend two nights in PV. Maybe with all the refunds now being offered, there will be a big sale for all those rooms becoming available. If I lived in the LA area or a job that had more flexibility, I'd jump on this. PV has a major international airport and if the repair time was to be extended, hey, Carnival can cover that cost, as well.

Wouldn't this require a dry dock? or can this be done from inside?

Well my first thought was scuba divers, then if they can do it from inside, with all the problems they have been having, can you imagine the large stream of water that will be spraying across the room when they pull the shaft our of the seal? WOW that's a lot of water!

Maybe they are going to have a new excursion for those that like to scuba dive, "Carnival presents major ship repair, 2 day scuba" Price is only $47,999 per person.

So I've done some research and this is indeed a MAJOR repair and like one other poster mentioned, if any little thing goes wrong or something unexpected pops up, it could turn into several more days and then guess what....? Everyone will have to fly themselves home because there won't be enough food and supplies to last until they get back to LA. And before anyone asks, carnival only buys food and supplies from there home ports.

Then the misery begins for my cruise which is scheduled for 1/13. I'm already preparing myself to get a letter next Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how the repairs go.

Is your sailing Sold Out? Was wondering because it is not list on Carnivals web site but 1/6 still is?

I would love to spend two nights in PV. Maybe with all the refunds now being offered, there will be a big sale for all those rooms becoming available. If I lived in the LA area or a job that had more flexibility, I'd jump on this. PV has a major international airport and if the repair time was to be extended, hey, Carnival can cover that cost, as well.

Here is my thought,

Carnival is being very proactive, and hoping to save money.

If already have doubts about the repair getting done on time, to get back to LB on Sunday. So they have offered the "refund" now, so they can get rid of some of the passengers.

That way IF the repairs do run long;

1. And they have offer discounts on a future cruise, it is less cabins to deal with, and less money lost for the future

2. If they have to fly people home/refund/pay for changes in airfair for passengers not making it back to LB on Sunday, it will be less passengers

They are hoping to save money is the bottom line, because they don't think it is going to be on schedule.

Good Luck, if I were on this cruise, I would still go because my job would alow it, but others probably not Like my DW. I guess she would have to stay home, and I would go alone. Ha Ha

Well my first thought was scuba divers, then if they can do it from inside, with all the problems they have been having, can you imagine the large stream of water that will be spraying across the room when they pull the shaft our of the seal? WOW that's a lot of water!

Maybe they are going to have a new excursion for those that like to scuba dive, "Carnival presents major ship repair, 2 day scuba" Price is only $47,999 per person.

I'm not counting on my cruise to set sail on 1/13.

Is your sailing Sold Out? Was wondering because it is not list on Carnivals web site but 1/6 still is?

It think it was sold out a while ago since it's the last Mexican Riviera cruise before they head down around the horn and on to NYC.

It think it was sold out a while ago since it's the last Mexican Riviera cruise before they head down around the horn and on to NYC.

First we are heading out on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii on 1/19 so I hope they get it all fixed in the time they have allotted.

First we are heading out on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii on 1/19 so I hope they get it all fixed in the time they have allotted.

I would imagine there's enough time between now and then that you'll be safe. As far as next week and the week after, who knows.

From your lips to the Cruise Gods ears because 6 of us are on the same cruise. I'm already coming up with a "plan B" just in case.

Finishing laundry and packing for tomorrow's Splendor departure. Prior to the email with the change we received a call to upgrade to a spa balcony cabin from our inside for the low price of $225/pp. We declined. Funny the rep never mentioned anything about the change in schedule. I am guessing more cabins may be available post email. Wish us luck!

So I've done some research and this is indeed a MAJOR repair and like one other poster mentioned, if any little thing goes wrong or something unexpected pops up, it could turn into several more days and then guess what....? Everyone will have to fly themselves home because there won't be enough food and supplies to last until they get back to LA. And before anyone asks, carnival only buys food and supplies from there home ports.

Then the misery begins for my cruise which is scheduled for 1/13. I'm already preparing myself to get a letter next Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how the repairs go.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Look at the glass 1/2 full for a change.

Life is an adventure.

I'm going to be on the Splendor Jan 19 Hawaii cruise. And it is going to be fun no matter what happens:D

I think the earlier poster was right… the ship is cursed. Specifically, it is the curse of Blackbeard. It is well known that when Lt. Maynard cut off Blackbeards head and threw the remaining body overboard, Blackbeard swam around the ship three times until he got tangled in a fishing net. To this day he still swims around with that fishing net trying to capture cruise ships for their booty. And today’s cruise ships have quite some bootys.

For those sailing on the 1/6 Splendor… not to worry. I have been saving chicken bones from my Sunday dinners ever since the last Splendor problem. If Blackbeard’s curse raises it’s ugly head during repairs, I am on standby to beam to PV. I will perform a chicken bone exorcism and insure the ship sails on time Thursday.

By the way… the Lt. Maynard I mentioned above is not to be confused with Maynard G. Krebs who later tuned into Gilligan. It was Gilligan that was cursed and sailed the cursed SS Minnow. This all resulted in stranding of two of the loves of my life… Mary Ann and the Movie Star of course. (I never could make up my mind.) Of course there were rumors that it was all a corporate conspiracy by company operating the SS Minnow, but I believe that a proper curse is indeed the most likely cause of the SS Minnow’s grief.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

WOW...hope they get this fixed before the 19th! Don't want to get stuck heading to Hawaii!

It can break down once we leave Oahu as long as we are still in a warm climate and the ship has power, though we would miss those fun filled 5 hours in Ensenada!

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Look at the glass 1/2 full for a change.

Life is an adventure.

I'm going to be on the Splendor Jan 19 Hawaii cruise. And it is going to be fun no matter what happens:D

I noticed that cruise is missing the best port in the Hawaiian Islands. Kaui'i.

Archived