Port of Baltimore

pd52

In the past, have not had issues with carry on containing water and sodas.

Heard some had issues since we sailed last jan. 2012.

any updates on the current sailings in dec/jan on EOS ??

In the past, have not had issues with carry on containing water and sodas.

Heard some had issues since we sailed last jan. 2012.

any updates on the current sailings in dec/jan on EOS ??

The people who were doing the security checks on December 22nd were NOT very nice at all.

In August before entering the terminal I was asked if I had any water/soda. I was honest and said yes and was told it had to be tossed out. There was just a small trash can at the doorway. We got the impression that this might have been a new employee. We argued the point and finally went ahead with the sodas in my carryon. Security scanned the case and said nothing about the bottles of liquid in my carryon.

In Dec, I was prepared to lie through my teeth about sodas..Security asked if we had any wine. With the new regs allowing wine I think they were more focused on wine. We got to the terminal early and sat and watched people going through the checkin lines. I cannot tell you how many cases of water I saw being carried on board. So I would say that they do allow water/sodas. I have heard that they sometimes check to make sure the bottles are all factory sealed.

We were on the 12/29 sailing and decided to take a chance and drop off some packages of bottled water, still in their shrink-wrap, luggage tag attached, with our checked luggage. As others have pointed out, we'd only be out a couple of dollars if they didn't make it to the cabin. The porter taking the bags out of the car didn't say anything one way or the other about the water--just put it with the rest of the checked luggage.

The water wasn't delivered with the rest of the suitcases, but a few hours later, it appeared.

Going through security, I had a water bottle in my purse. I can't remember, maybe I had to take it out and carry it through the magnetometer with me? But no one took it away.

Going through security, I had a water bottle in my purse. I can't remember, maybe I had to take it out and carry it through the magnetometer with me? But no one took it away.

My DH had an opened bottle of water. They made him dump it.

I told him so. :rolleyes:

Yep-not allowed to carry in anything that has been opened-water or soda. I too found that out the hard way!

If you don't want the hassle of carrying on water or soda just purchase some at your first port stop. We carry on a couple of bottles of water and soda to last us until that first port. That's what we do. And then you don't have a whole case of water or soda taking up storage space in your room.

we've carried the water/sodas in the past and it was a nuisance due to the weight added to what I had to drag. however, RCI doesn't stock DIET, Caffeine-free Coke, so that's one reason to bring at least a 6-pack. Water isn't priced ridiculously, so guess we'll just buy the water. Have made many requests for the diet/caffeine free soda - maybe this has changed and is now stocked?

GO RAVENS!

we've carried the water/sodas in the past and it was a nuisance due to the weight added to what I had to drag. however' date=' RCI doesn't stock DIET, Caffeine-free Coke, so that's one reason to bring at least a 6-pack. Water isn't priced ridiculously, so guess we'll just buy the water. Have made many requests for the diet/caffeine free soda - maybe this has changed and is now stocked?

[b']GO RAVENS![/b]

Nope, they still don't have it, usually. I have found it sporadically, but haven't asked lately - but haven't seen it.

Parking is still $15.

thanks to all for your input. looks like we'll just take a gamble and take on the usual. if we loose it, (two six packs of diet soda and a case of water), we're out $10 bucks......but it's nice to have our diet ginger ale and diet caff free coke....

have not brought on from ports....thought that was a no no......

maybe try that

thanks again

If you buy liquor in ports it will be taken from you and kept until the last night. But no problem with water and soda that you buy in port.

At least we have not had a problem. We usually walk or have a taxi take us to the closest drug store where we can find what we like to drink.

Archived