dancing waiters on hal

dr.dawg

do any of you wish the waiters, already overworked, would now dance during dinner? i experienced this on my ONLY carnival cruise, and it was just awful, but maybe some of you 'hal-cats' would love it. in the mdr or lido on hal, how about turning down the lights, and out come the dancing waiters. what think you? apparently lots of folks would love it as evidenced by previous posts.

No -- I do not want dancing waiters!!

When we had the Master Chef's dinner -- usually on the last night of the cruise -- some of the waiters would try to dance while placing your napkins on your lap andd while doing the salad presentation. And it was terrible and a waste of time.

No. No dancing. No music, except for soft background music. No pomp; no circumstance.

Just serve the food hot, in a professional manner, and let us enjoy the company of our tablemates.

Did we learn nothing from years of the Master Chef's Dinner?

For what it's worth, my early-December Maasdam cruise didn't even have Baked Alaska - paraded or otherwise.

However, the dining staff did do something I'd never seen before - on every other occasion, the music for the "farewell" song would be piped in over the sound system. This time, after the string quartet finished up, I noticed some staff 'sneaking' a small drum kit and an amplifier into the band box. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when it came to the end of the meal, several of the waitstaff took up positions in the band box and around the rail, someone produced a bright red Stratocaster guitar, and they put on a fantastic, rock-n-roll version of the "farewell" song that had everyone grinning from ear to ear - the performers not least.

As anyone who has ever attended one of the late-night crew shows will attest, there is quite a bit of non-hotel-related talent among the crew and staff, and it looked to us like they were having a blast with their little live performance. It was a great ending to a great trip.

It's time to hear about "The Poor Staff" having to dance for 5 minutes

This coming from the guy who wants ice every five minutes and his windows squeegee'd twice a day on a transatlantic cruise.

I thought the waiters job was to serve food, not dance... you want that sort of silliness, sail Carnival!

do any of you wish the waiters, already overworked, would now dance during dinner? i experienced this on my ONLY carnival cruise, and it was just awful, but maybe some of you 'hal-cats' would love it. in the mdr or lido on hal, how about turning down the lights, and out come the dancing waiters. what think you? apparently lots of folks would love it as evidenced by previous posts.

I would hope we would be spared non-sense like that!

Archived