Pacific Princess Visting St Bart's

Seafoam Green

The fifth port on the 10 Day Eastern Caribbean cruise will be St Bart's on Thursday, January 24th. As far as I can tell, PP will be the only cruise ship in port that day. I have some questions about currency and possible activities.

St Bart's uses the Euro as its currency. Should we exchange funds for some Euros before leaving home? Are there any potential problems using credit cards where exchange rates are involved?

There is one excursion offered by Princess in St Bart's - a one hour driving tour of the island. That is not of interest to us. I am trying to find a snorkeling/SCUBA tour and have found a couple of companies to contact. Does anyone have any recommendations to make based on previous visits to St Bart's?

All assistance will be greatly appreciated. Starting to get excited about this cruise....:D

We were there on the "old" R ship, Royal Princess.It is interesting to stroll thru town and thru the harbour. Many of the ship's crew and passengers just walked that way to Shell Beach and did some beach time. Easy walk.

You will tender ashore.

I would not bother getting Euros.

I believe that the Pacific Princess is about the largest cruise ship allowed to call st St. Barth.

So 680 potential visitors will be somewhat of a mob? ;)

Do many other islands in the Caribbean use the Euro? I just haven't noticed much discussion about it here before.

We were there on the "old" R ship, Royal Princess.It is interesting to stroll thru town and thru the harbour. Many of the ship's crew and passengers just walked that way to Shell Beach and did some beach time. Easy walk.

You will tender ashore.

I would not bother getting Euros.

We did this stop on an Amazon cruise 3 years ago on the 'old' Royal. We just walked around the harbor and gawked at the yachts :D. If you want to stop for a drink or snack, I would just use a credit card.

We visited St. Barth on an R ship several years ago. We rented a car and toured the island. It was interesting to watch the planes land. It looked like they were landing on the beach. I also remember that lunch was very expensive. It is an easy place to rent a car and drive.

We visited St. Barth on an R ship several years ago. We rented a car and toured the island. It was interesting to watch the planes land. It looked like they were landing on the beach. I also remember that lunch was very expensive. It is an easy place to rent a car and drive.

Thanks for this! It seems like this is the best option, as very few options are available from the cruise lines, and to rent a car for the day is always cheaper than the hour-long ship's tour.

Unless I manage to find a snorkeling trip, we'll be renting a car.

I am pleased to have the chance to visit St Bart's - it looks gorgeous in every photo I have seen.

You may want to post this on the Caribbean boards (if the moderators don't move it for you!!) as the only ships that visit St. Barts are the small ships. Good luck!

Not a lot of activity on the Caribbean ports board, but fortunately there were some helpful people prior to moving this thread to the tumbleweeds section...:rolleyes:

Thanks for this! It seems like this is the best option, as very few options are available from the cruise lines, and to rent a car for the day is always cheaper than the hour-long ship's tour.

Unless I manage to find a snorkeling trip, we'll be renting a car.

I am pleased to have the chance to visit St Bart's - it looks gorgeous in every photo I have seen.

i'm on the pacific princess leaving on jan. 17th. i'm looking to share a car rental. are you interested. my email gary9742@aol

Archived