Earliest You Can Get Off Ship?

dkny330

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but on the Reflection what is the earliest you can get off the ship? We would take our own luggage with us and are looking at a 10am flight out of Miami. We have the Global Pass program and don't have to wait on long lines for security so wondering if we get off by 8am, at the airport by 8:30 will we make our 10am flight? Our next option is 4:00pm! Thanks -

Usually self-disembarking starts around 7, but there is, of course, no way of knowing if your particular sailing might be delayed, which could happen if there are those on board who don't clear their accounts, or if C&I doesn't have enough personnel at the desks (how many other ships are in port with you that morning?). Global pass helps with airport security, but you still have to clear through the port C&I, and those lines can get long if they are short-staffed.

In my opinion,

IF the ship arrives back to Miami on time and

IF the ship clears customs as expected and

IF you arrive on time to carry your own luggage off the ship and

IF you, yourself clear customs without hastle and

IF you get quick transportation to the airport

then you should be fine

We arrived in Miami this past Monday. There had been a vehicle fire on the bridge to the port area which shut it down for several hours. Customs, baggage handlers and other personnel couldn't get to their posts on time.

Luckily we only had to wait along with a crowd of others for 45 minutes from our self-disembark time of 7:30. We were out of the parking garage and on the road by 8:30, but those who had midmorning flights were pretty nervous due to the uncertainty of when the ship could be cleared for unboarding.

There was a problem with the custom people.

I do not know if a lot of them called in sick or were moved somewhere else.

We were just about the first ones off. We were taking off our own luggage & go 'close' to the custom area.

The back up happened so fast that a lot of the people were stuck on the ramp off the ship before they halted things for awhile.

Bosjoe, you disembarked Miami and were at FLL that quickly? That's astonishing!

Yup..shuttle came right away, then proceeded to the airport. No traffic and right through customs. Sitting at the gate at 8:24. With a 10:40 flight

Archived