Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

So will stepping on their hands. ;)

And don't forget the tomato juice!

Ahhhhh yes! The tomato juice. :p;)

The children running around minus supervision gets me too. I would never let my kids run around the ship at such young ages. Too many weirdos wandering the earth to just trust they will be okay.

That being said, I am finally bringing one of my kids on a cruise this year and he better behave. I waited until he was 20 years old. :D

ahhhhh yes! The tomato juice. :p;)

the children running around minus supervision gets me too. I would never let my kids run around the ship at such young ages. Too many weirdos wandering the earth to just trust they will be okay.

That being said, i am finally bringing one of my kids on a cruise this year and he better behave. I waited until he was 20 years old. :d

lmao......:)

Wow! What if everybody just did that?

If everybody that needed one thing in the middle or end of the line, just went and got it? If everyone did that the the line wouldn't be very long and it would be much more efficient.

After reading John's blog for a while I am wondering about some of the people who cruise and get upset over every little thing. Can't believe some of things that people write to John about. It has got me curious now, what is the most annoying thing to you that happens on a cruise? Mine: parents letting little children go to the buffet line alone and watching them put their hands on everything. Just me.

People skipping in lines.. Had one person save a spot for 15 family members in a line once.. They just came up in front of everyone to join the one person.. Carnival said nothing

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

I know there are a lot of complaints about unsupervised kids running around. I cruised while the school year was in last year so I didn't see any of that. My question is why aren't parents putting their kids in camp carnival? As far as pet peeves are concerned, my pet peeves involve adults. There was the guy who every night was drunk by dinner time (early seating) and loudly verbally abused his wife in the main dining room. Then there was the opinionated table mate who never let anyone else get a word in.

Rude, unsupervised children. We get a cabin on the lowest deck, and take the stairs to exercise. Last week, the kids would physically block the stairs, and refuse people access. They would hold hands & stretch across the stairs. Absolutely no way up without touching the kids to get past. Brats.

If you are ever on a cruise with me, I hope you would ask to find me and tell me my kids are doing this kind of stuff. There is no need for you to tolerate behavior like that--I certainly don't, and I don't expect any other parent to tolerate it out of my kids. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, though. . .

My big peeve is when you are on an elevator and the doors open and people start to pile on before we can even move to get off.

Agree completely! I can only give the children the benefit of the doubt that they weren't taught elevator etiquette by their parents.

I completely agree. Children being allowed to take over the pools, hot tubs, buffet lines, play in the elevators, run up and down the hallways, are sooooooo annoying. And even worse, their parents expect you to allow it, and think it is their right.

UNSUPERVISED KIDS!!

Kids in the hottubs. Kids playing in the elevators. Kids dropping icecream cones onto our aft balcony. Kids running rampant throughout the ship.

I'm hoping there will be few children on our Baltic cruise due to the timing, the length and the port-intensive (especially ports that probably don't hold much interest for young kids) nature of the cruise.

My pet peeve is when people congregate in the middle of the passage ways instead of moving to the side. Cruise ships, grocery stores, work, etc.....doesn't matter where it is.

Ditto! I often wonder about them. My favorite is when people are strolling down the middle of the driving aisle in a parking lot. Did their mothers tell them it was ok to play in traffic? :rolleyes:

I get really annoyed when people think because they're on vacation they don't have to pick up after themselves, like when they leave their coffee cups and ice cream dishes on floor in an elevator or some other place, because they are too lazy to take it back to lido or even their cabin where the steward could take it!! At the very least leave at the nearest bar. C'mon people have a little class!!

For me, it would have to be the chair hogs. I went on my first Carnival cruise, on the Freedom, a couple of weeks ago and experienced the worst case of chair saving I have seen (this being cruise #8 and my fourth cruise line). On sea days, every chair in the non smoking section had a towel or personal item on it by 9 AM and the crew members did nothing, even though most chairs stayed unoccupied for hours.

Doesn't happen so often, but people eating directly from the buffet. GROSS!

On my last cruise I was in line behind a rather large woman who proceeded to load up her plate with Carnival's offerings at the grille, and then reach in to grab french fries with her bare paws and drop them onto her plate. Afterwards she reached in again for a second helping, but this time she just kept them in her hand, frequently raising her arm up to her mouth to chomp down on her acquisition as she scooted toward the chicken nuggets. :eek: I did not eat any french fries that day.

Less annoying, but still low class, are the people who eat from their plates while in the buffet line. Really? You can't wait 60 seconds until you sit down before shoveling the food in? Come on people... I realize you're on vacation but show some decorum!

I waited until my kids were grown to start cruising. I don't take kids with me and now that mine are grown, I'm really not too fond of being around active kids. That said, I don't mind traveling in places or on ships where families travel. I only ask that you don't let your children hang over the back of their booth or dinner chair and interrupt my dinner. I also don't want to be splashed or ran into or be hit with a frisbee while lounging on the main deck. Yes, I know there are adult only areas, but really parents should just teach their children to be polite and they should also be watching their children to make sure they don't annoy other people.

However, all of this could apply to many adults too LOL.

The kids that are running all over the ship being rude! One night there was a group of kids who were racing each other down the stairs. Sounded like a herd of elephants and they just about knocked my husband and I over. I told my husband "if our kids acted like that they would be in the cabin for the rest of the night"

Another one is parents who let there kids run and jump around the room at 1:00am. I understand it is a cruise and a lot of people either dont sleep or stay up really late but please be considerate of the others who are sleeping. One night it sounded like the kids were jumping off the window, onto the floor and then the bed, back onto the floor and running to the door then doing it all over again.

Buffets=hog troughs. I avoid them like the plague (so as not to get the plague)! :eek:

I am not a hog.

One gripe I haven't seen mentioned are the people on think they are on a stage and want to 'entertain' us with jokes and one liners at muster, ... while instructions are being given.

Not everyone has been through a muster before. Some may actually want to learn something.

Babies in diapers do not belong in public pools..thats just not sanitary..I remember a friend of mine had a sign that read"I don't swim in your toilet,please don't pee in our pool"..lol..#2-would have to be letting small children play in the buffet line food..with all the sickness you have on ships,espically this time of year,I would rather some little bugger-picking kids fingers not be in the food..I mean really if most ppl would just apply the rules they use at home on the boat things would probably work alot better..pick up after yourselves and your kids and respect other ppl..now that does not sound to hard does it??

Archived