Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

After reading John's blog for a while I am wondering about some of the people who cruise and get upset over every little thing. Can't believe some of things that people write to John about. It has got me curious now, what is the most annoying thing to you that happens on a cruise? Mine: parents letting little children go to the buffet line alone and watching them put their hands on everything. Just me.

Hi Ncshp955:)

I would like to see people give other humans an opportunity to exit an elevator..

Also, I gotta say, food trays in the hallways do annoy me. I can only imagine

the difficulty for people that are disabled trying to navigate the possible hazard.

I never understood the logic of placing a food tray in the hallway. There are other choices than the hallway.

One has picked up the phone to order the food, they can simply pick up the same phone & request it be removed

from the cabin if the left over food is bothersome.

And/or of course, your cabin steward will remove it when cleaning the cabin.

:)

I know there are a lot of complaints about unsupervised kids running around. I cruised while the school year was in last year so I didn't see any of that. My question is why aren't parents putting their kids in camp carnival? As far as pet peeves are concerned, my pet peeves involve adults. There was the guy who every night was drunk by dinner time (early seating) and loudly verbally abused his wife in the main dining room. Then there was the opinionated table mate who never let anyone else get a word in.

Some parents don't want to put their kids in Camp Carnival, because they want to spend time with the kids!!! The reason I take family vacations is to spend time with my family!

If people don't like kids around perhaps try an adults only vacation?

While my kids are generally well behaved, our 2yo had her moments and we got a few "looks". Even though we disipline them. I don't have a problem with other kids running around etc, BUT we just came back from our first cruise and there were alot of rude kids. Even more rude adults! I'm honestly surprised how many people we encountered that apparantly never learned manners.

I don't mind someone coming infront of me in buffet line if it's just to grab one thing. But say "excuse me, i'm just going to grab this" or something like that.

I get frustrated when Carnival can't manage the buffet lines. I've been on Royal and never waited in buffet lines, so I know things can be organized better.

Amazing how people's perceptions are different. I have been on Royal and remember that there were buffet lines, but I don't remember them bothering me. I've also been on nine CCL cruises, and don't remember buffet lines bothering me there either.

I hate lines, so maybe we go when it is quieter? Hmm.

Kevin C

:)

I would like to see people give other humans an opportunity to exit an elevator..

Ditto. What an incredibly annoying habit some people have. The people on the elevator should be allowed to get off, before those waiting can get on. Seems like common sense, but that does tend be lacking of late in many places.

Kevin C

Slamming balcony doors

I shamefully admit to having done that a number of times on my last cruise. It took me at least three accesses to the balcony before I got the hang of hanging onto it. What a noise, too! Luckily, it was still afternoon once I finally figured it out. :)

Kevin C

Most definitely annoying kids running wild, hogging the hot tubs, running up and down the halls at all hours, and on and on. Now don't get me wrong, I love kids, I have kids(now grown). I blame the irresponsible parents, and even Carnival for not monitoring the kids who are running free with no supervision.

It is, however, a reflection of a lot of parents' attitudes these days, who think their little darlings can do no wrong, and that everyone else thinks they are just adorable, too, no matter what they are doing. News Flash: no one thinks your kids are adorable when they act like wild hyenas. Teach them some manners and how to behave in public.

I have been on a few cruises and have never seen unruly kids running around screaming and yelling or causing a ruckus. I'm so surprised to read that from a posters. I guess we have just been lucky. In fact I don't really 'notice" children when we cruise...mine have never been with me so I guess I just tune the rest of them out...LOL!

I have been on a few cruises and have never seen unruly kids running around screaming and yelling or causing a ruckus. I'm so surprised to read that from a posters. I guess we have just been lucky. In fact I don't really 'notice" children when we cruise...mine have never been with me so I guess I just tune the rest of them out...LOL!

I never have either.

My pet peeve is people being disrespectful of others because of their selfish nature. It shows itself in many ways. That said, I choose to ignore most of it and if it happens I don't normally take notice. I have 8 children who I usually cruise without because thats our couple time. I enjoy the company of other peoples decently behaved kids. My children are admired for their good behavior on land and I expect the same when they are on vacation. Anything less is unacceptable. They aren't robots so its possible that they may need correcting in which case they will have to right their wrong as well. I have no problem questioning someone elses kids if they are causing trouble or putting themselves in a dangerous situation. Its the adult who tend to be unapproachable :rolleyes:

1. That Carnival now nickel and dimes you to death. Seems like they are constantly trying to get you to buy something. (and don't get me started on the price for Bingo and the Slot Tournaments-they make a fortune off these).

2. Watching children and adults touch the water fountains with their mouths and getting stuff from the buffets with their grubby dirty fingers.

Disagree 100%.

If you need one thing from the middle or end of the line, you should just go to the middle or end and get it.

People that wait through the whole line for one thing is part of the reason the line is so long to begin with.

Yes, but I always say excuse me and ask permission to grab first. No one has ever said no and I'm gone in 10 seconds. :)

People cutting in the buffet lines really is the most annoying thing for me. I've seen it with kids and adults... yeah, they might only be grabbing one thing from the middle, but it's called a 'line' for a reason. A simple "Would you mind if I just grabbed some..." before getting in front of me would go a long way.

Kind of know where you are coming from...... But If all I want is piece of toast and the people in front of me are in for everything I simply say Excuse me just want a piece of toast and grap it and go. . Makes the whole line move faster

all the people that complain about children being in the pools and hot tubs. I paid a full cruise fare for each of my children (twins currently 12yrs old), they have just as much right as you to use the pools. Oh and those of you asking why parents dont put the kids in camp carnival, we do and thats when we see the kids running through the ship, doing the scavanger hunts provided by carnival. :)

all the people that complain about children being in the pools and hot tubs. I paid a full cruise fare for each of my children (twins currently 12yrs old), they have just as much right as you to use the pools. Oh and those of you asking why parents dont put the kids in camp carnival, we do and thats when we see the kids running through the ship, doing the scavanger hunts provided by carnival. :)

Exactly what I thought about as I was reading this thread.

Those children were paid for with money just like you paid for your cruise.

Hmmm mine would be kids in the adult only pool and hot tubs and people who talk during the comedy shows. It's a show not background noise while you chill lax. If you want to talk and want ambiance go to the piano bar or atrium. Some of us came to watch the comedian.

We're pretty laid back, and not much annoys us, but....we were at one of the large tables in the comedy show, and 2 women joined us, and proceeded to chat the entire time! Even after we very politely asked them to keep it down. Even worse, one of the women brought her young daughter with her (around 5, maybe), and it was the adult only show. My DH told her that, and she said it would be okay, her daughter doesn't speak English. I asked her if she wanted her daughter's first English word to be the f-bomb. She just looked at me, then continued to yap away!

I agree, you pay full price for children they have same right to the pools and hot tubs. Since my kids are grown I dont have to work vacations around school anymore, so I must be going when there are not many kids on board, I actually don't recall seeing any on last couple of cruises, I am sure they were there, so obviously they must have been well behaved to point that I didn't notice.

I must admit, I have left food uneaten, and It hurt to do so but,

The children who fill their plates, or are assisted by the parents in filling the plate, then leave it untouched really irritate me.

If you can not eat it, don't take it, or, go back for more if you really like it!:eek:

It's not a problem unless there are children in hot tubs that are reserved for adults only. I specifically only use those hot tubs because I do not want to be in one with children. And I will speak up and tell them to leave.

Archived