Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

After reading John's blog for a while I am wondering about some of the people who cruise and get upset over every little thing. Can't believe some of things that people write to John about. It has got me curious now, what is the most annoying thing to you that happens on a cruise? Mine: parents letting little children go to the buffet line alone and watching them put their hands on everything. Just me.

For me the most annoying thing on the ship is trying to find an actual quiet spot. I sometimes try to find a quiet place to read, and usually you can hear music from somewhere, sometimes even more than one song (from different venues) at the same time. :( But that's really nothing much to complain about, I know.

Another thing would be young children running amouk with no parental supervision. Not just children in general, but when they are obviously doing things they're old enough to know they shouldn't be doing like making a mess at the ice cream station. Someone has to clean that up, and it just isn't necessary. Or running up and down a hallway screaming at the top of their lungs. Stuff like that. I just want to grab them by their ear and drag them back to their parents. :) Thankfully we don't see things like that too often.

Mine would be the photographers causing the line to back up on the rampway getting off at a port. I'm always carrying a lot of dive gear, plus a big camera setup, and it's really bothersome.

I like it when they take pictures off the rampway, over to the side, so that those who want their photo taken can do so without holding up others who don't want to have their photo taken.

I dislike, but wont say hate, the fact that Carnival push push pushes people to drink. A lot. Yes they make their money that way, and most yahoos don't need alot of pushing-but if this is supposed to be a family friendly cruising experience, I shudder to think if being s$#@drunk is really good family time.:rolleyes:

It "bugs" me when the photographers hold up the line. We know we aren't going to buy a picture when we are heading off the ship to a beach.

I get frustrated when Carnival can't manage the buffet lines. I've be

en on Royal and never waited in buffet lines, so I know things can be organized better. We gave up on our last cruise and just ate in the dining room...problem solved.

People cutting in the buffet lines really is the most annoying thing for me. I've seen it with kids and adults... yeah, they might only be grabbing one thing from the middle, but it's called a 'line' for a reason. A simple "Would you mind if I just grabbed some..." before getting in front of me would go a long way.

Chair Hogs...yes they were still bad on the Breeze last month.

People eating while in line at the buffet.

People being very late for mdr dinner...not talking a few minutes here but LATE!

The annoying large screen tv's on the lido deck.

Parents getting in the adults only hot tubs and allowing their kids in with them because ... "oh they won't hurt anything".

When they tell me I have to leave the ship at the end of the cruise!;)

@Alliezona. Ditto for us. If we are on a ship, any ship, any ports, any weather, any table-mates, any PBE; all is good. Life's too short and while many of the posts on Johns FB and Blog are trolls with serious identity problems, we just ignore them and think about our next sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine would be the photographers causing the line to back up on the rampway getting off at a port. I'm always carrying a lot of dive gear, plus a big camera setup, and it's really bothersome.

I couldnt agree more! We have dodged and ducked to get out of pictures on the gangway quite a few times... :cool:

Most definitely annoying kids running wild, hogging the hot tubs, running up and down the halls at all hours, and on and on. Now don't get me wrong, I love kids, I have kids(now grown). I blame the irresponsible parents, and even Carnival for not monitoring the kids who are running free with no supervision.

It is, however, a reflection of a lot of parents' attitudes these days, who think their little darlings can do no wrong, and that everyone else thinks they are just adorable, too, no matter what they are doing. News Flash: no one thinks your kids are adorable when they act like wild hyenas. Teach them some manners and how to behave in public.

I can overlook most of the things that some people complain about. Yes, the volume on the big Lido TV could be turned down a few hundred decibels, and yes, some parents need to pay closer attention to what their kids are doing. But what what bugs me the most are passengers that are just flat out rude. I wonder if people that are rude on a cruise ship are like that in their everyday lives, or act that way only when on vacation, as if they are "entitled" to some sort of special treatment. I'd like to have a freeze ray like Gru had in "Despicable Me". It would be so easy to deal with rude people then.:D:D

People cutting in the buffet lines really is the most annoying thing for me. I've seen it with kids and adults... yeah, they might only be grabbing one thing from the middle, but it's called a 'line' for a reason. A simple "Would you mind if I just grabbed some..." before getting in front of me would go a long way.

Disagree 100%.

If you need one thing from the middle or end of the line, you should just go to the middle or end and get it.

People that wait through the whole line for one thing is part of the reason the line is so long to begin with.

Rude, unsupervised children. We get a cabin on the lowest deck, and take the stairs to exercise. Last week, the kids would physically block the stairs, and refuse people access. They would hold hands & stretch across the stairs. Absolutely no way up without touching the kids to get past. Brats.

Agreed. Also when they take up the isleways on deck 5 so you cannot get thru

Same as everyone with kids running around and no parents around. I have no problem yelling at someones kid! lol

Last cruise in the early morning like 7 am, I like to find a quiet spot on the ship and read. I was all by myself and I had this lady come over talking on the phone and smoking her cigarette. Yes talking on the phone!!!! :eek: Now mind you there were tons of open chairs everywhere, why did she have to sit next to me? I was so mad, I hope she really paid for that phone bill!

Speaking of quiet in the morning....why the heck is the big TV on the lido so damn loud first thing in the morning?

Archived