Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

I don't read johns blog anymore. I use to all the time. But all the people who beg for stuff and ask for special perks because there so and so is "special".

Then the constant people complaining of stupid stuff. Like the latest one I saw on FB. They were upset cuz they are light sleepers and people were interrupting there sleep. Oh well but John handles it with class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OIIIO

Rude, unsupervised children who think they can do whatever they want will get on my nerves. Nothing is more irksome than being run over by some rugrat or waiting forever for an elevator because some kids are just hitting buttons for their own amusement. I also get annoyed when people run up and down the halls screaming for people and slamming doors. A little decorum goes a LONG way.

OK, my two cents on the buffet line cutting thing. Why does it matter if there is a space or a slow moving person that you can't say "excuse me, i need to grab that" or just snagging something real quick if it won't slow down the grabbing of food by others. I've done this and many more have done this to me...SO. There has been a time or two that somebody gets in front of me and instead of a quick grab they become part of the line and in those cases I would like to punch them in the face but in reallity it doesn't matter, what's another 45 seconds; Life's to short. Even if there isn't a space ahead of you in the greater scem of life does it alter your life in any meaningful way. Smile and be polite it might rub off.

I feel better now, thanks for listening.

I don't read johns blog anymore. I use to all the time. But all the people who beg for stuff and ask for special perks because there so and so is "special".

I used to read John's blog... until he decided it was his British duty to speak his mind on US politics. :mad: Don't even get me started.

Agreeably, kids are the biggest con to cruising... and I have two! I do not like kids in general (other children that is). And with that said, if my kids are misbehaving, feel free to let them know! Put them in their place and remind them that their elders have the right of way! Mine have been given the "rules of engagement" prior to our upcoming cruise and if I find out they did anything to annoy or disrespect another adult cruiser, they will not see their next birthday!!

FYI: assume all children are mine so please, yell at them all... I plan to! ;):D

Disagree 100%.

If you need one thing from the middle or end of the line, you should just go to the middle or end and get it.

People that wait through the whole line for one thing is part of the reason the line is so long to begin with.

Wow! What if everybody just did that?

I agree with almost all of these so far, I DO think a person can politely ask if they can grab ONE thing they forgot in the barffet line but not just cut in.

My big peeve is when you are on an elevator and the doors open and people start to pile on before we can even move to get off. I have taken to going out in the middle blocking anyone from getting on until everyone else if off - there is always some poor soul at the back who is politely saying excuse me trying to make their way to the front. Worse yet are the scooter drivers (some) who barrel their way on and off with little regard for anyone's ankles or feet. Patience people

UNSUPERVISED KIDS!!

Kids in the hottubs. Kids playing in the elevators. Kids dropping icecream cones onto our aft balcony. Kids running rampant throughout the ship.

I'm hoping there will be few children on our Baltic cruise due to the timing, the length and the port-intensive (especially ports that probably don't hold much interest for young kids) nature of the cruise.

This may sound petty but it really bugs me when people stand in the middle of the walkway and refuse to get out of the way for people trying to get through. The Dream was the worst for this. Groups of ten people standing right in the middle of the walkway that goes through the buffet area that would not move over to the side. We saw that also on the area inside the lanai area. If you're going to stop and talk, stand out of the way so that others can pass.

Rude passengers and unsupervised children screaming and running amuck are what really steam me.

And when they are nasty to the ships crew it really ticks me off. I have seen passengers (as most of us have) treat crew members so terrible it is heartbreaking.

The age of entitlement.....

Rude, unsupervised children. We get a cabin on the lowest deck, and take the stairs to exercise. Last week, the kids would physically block the stairs, and refuse people access. They would hold hands & stretch across the stairs. Absolutely no way up without touching the kids to get past. Brats.

Sometimes a simple "can you swim" will take care of this problem.

Doug

Kids being loud and running around (actually this annoys me anywhere but especially on my relaxing vacation). I have 2 kids, my girlfriend has one, we refuse to bring them with us on the cruise until they are older because we want a break from being parents and don't want to add stress to our vacation or anyone else's by needing to monitor them or try to keep them entertained. Either handle your brats and teach them how to act or leave them home!!

Rude people, this one I just don't understand. Is please, thank you, or excuse me really so difficult?? Do you really feel so self entitled that you think you can treat others however you want? That includes other guests but especially staff. The staff on our last cruise was incredible and was a large part of our overall enjoyment. It was the little things like greeting us by name, asking how we are enjoying things, sharing a joke...etc. We even went to guest services and increased the tips because they deserved it and I know some others lowered their tips. There were many times I heard passengers complain about the littlest things and treat the staff like slaves, our one night at the steakhouse for my birthday had the worst offenders.

People complaining about smoke in the smoking sections. Seriously??

On the Carnival Breeze in Grand Turk, I was irritated when I realized that the extremely curvy young blonde woman,in the tiny triangle bikini top, who smiled at me and beckoned me over for a big hug, was only trying to sell me a photo. I thought she really liked me when I saw her smile and hold her arms out toward me! She gives great Hug!... PS, DW didn't buy me the picture...:(

Archived