anyone bought an HAL mattress ?

RedmondCruiser

Has anyone bought an HAL mattress and if so how do you like it. With a 15% mariner discount it looks like a good price.

When we owed our inn, I bought the same as HAL's from our supplier and love it.

Where is the site where you can make purchases like that?

When we owed our inn, I bought the same as HAL's from our supplier and love it.

Where is the site where you can make purchases like that?

You can purchase the mattress off the HAL web site under "Holland America Line Shop" Also you need to call the Mariner Society to get the promo code for the 15% discount.

Just be careful. Buried somewhere here on Cruise Critic are some long threads about HAL mattresses. When they were first introduced there was a lot of interest and a number of people bought them. As memory serves me some people really liked them but more were disappointed as they were expensive and didn't hold up well. Over the years the interest in them has virtually disappeared. Might add that somebody or somebodies found out what brand and model of mattress HAL was privately labeling and discovered it was significantly cheaper than having a HAL cover.

Just be careful. Buried somewhere here on Cruise Critic are some long threads about HAL mattresses. When they were first introduced there was a lot of interest and a number of people bought them. As memory serves me some people really liked them but more were disappointed as they were expensive and didn't hold up well. Over the years the interest in them has virtually disappeared. Might add that somebody or somebodies found out what brand and model of mattress HAL was privately labeling and discovered it was significantly cheaper than having a HAL cover.

Randy is correct, although we loved our mattress initially, it wore poorly and lasted only about 18 months before we were forced to replace it. :( This was five or so years ago, so I can't speak to the quality of the current mattresses they are featuring.

Randy is correct, although we loved our mattress initially, it wore poorly and lasted only about 18 months before we were forced to replace it. :( This was five or so years ago, so I can't speak to the quality of the current mattresses they are featuring.

A good mattress should last more than 18 months. I'm in the market for a new one, but will only buy where I can try it out first. I've found some of the HAL beds are hard, and some of them softer than I would like. When they first changed them, they were all heavenly. Maybe I'm like Little Red Riding Hood.

Archived