Sideways Inside Cabins

NMLady

yeah, I suck at math. didn't even try to add it up, just seemed like it should be next year.

We SHOULD be cruising every Jan from now on. Weve decided not to do xmas anymore and just go on a cruise.

January works well for all of our sceduals and its off peak season so its cheaper. My cabin for the Jewel will work out to be only $440 including taxes.

And its a sideways one again, of course

yeah, I suck at math. didn't even try to add it up, just seemed like it should be next year.

We SHOULD be cruising every Jan from now on. Weve decided not to do xmas anymore and just go on a cruise.

January works well for all of our sceduals and its off peak season so its cheaper. My cabin for the Jewel will work out to be only $440 including taxes.

And its a sideways one again, of course

That sounds like an awesome deal. We got ours for $1450 for 3 people, which I think it was $556 for the first 2 and then $338 for the third person. We sailed the week before Christmas this past year (2012) and it was HECTIC!!! I said I probably wouldn't do it again, but I had already booked the one on the Jewel for this year before going on that one. I have a friend from our previous Epic cruise that has booked it as well, so no turning back now. :D It will just be another hectic Christmas. hehe :o

Can someone tell me if you notice more noise from the hallway? I'm assuming since the cabin door opens right near the feet of the beds that any noise from the hallway is pretty noticeable? I'm a light sleeper and wonder if this type of cabin is worth it to me. Thanks.

Can someone tell me if you notice more noise from the hallway? I'm assuming since the cabin door opens right near the feet of the beds that any noise from the hallway is pretty noticeable? I'm a light sleeper and wonder if this type of cabin is worth it to me. Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic . :)

I did not notice any difference in noise.

I did not notice any noise in ours either. Actually I have never noticed any noise in any of the cabins we have ever been in other than our last cruise, which was the Star and a regular cabin and I think we must have had some very loud talking neighbors around the times that we returned from port each time. They must have had a great time in port. :D

I am an EXTREMLY light sleeper and I had no problem with noise waking me up. And I don't drink either so I wasn't just knocked out,lol.

Actually the reason I decided to get the sideways cabin last cruise was so that there wasn't people on both sides of me. Just crew closets on both ends. That way there wouldn't be anyone to keep me awake at night.

My cabin for our next cruise is also sideways set off all by itself. I think Im officially hooked on "lone" cabins :p

I'll reiterate most of what's already been said with a few helpful notes for others.

• Sideways cabins have a better layout. This makes them feel larger. I prefer the sideways layout.
  • They MAY be handicapped. Check this on a deck plan, they will look (and are significantly) larger and have a handicap symbol.
  • The size may be slightly larger (a few square feet) then other insides. This is dependent on the ship.

L.A.S.T.

Do all the rooms have the bathrobes and a coffee maker on the Star. Which places to eat are included in your fare. TIA

No, all of the rooms don't come with bathrobes. It depends on the room you book and your "status".

The 2 main dining rooms are Versailles and Aqua. The Blue Lagoon is open 24/7, the buffet, you can find hot dogs, nachos and popcorn at Kings Pub. Then they have cook outs on the pool deck on certain days and times along with a small buffet out there.

I am an EXTREMLY light sleeper and I had no problem with noise waking me up. And I don't drink either so I wasn't just knocked out,lol.

Actually the reason I decided to get the sideways cabin last cruise was so that there wasn't people on both sides of me. Just crew closets on both ends. That way there wouldn't be anyone to keep me awake at night.

My cabin for our next cruise is also sideways set off all by itself. I think Im officially hooked on "lone" cabins :p[/quot

We just got off the Jewel and had a sideways cabin, 9651 aft. I haven't been in an inside cabin since 2001, but this was the smallest cabin I have ever seen. I opened the door, and I could have literally fallen into the bed. The picture someone put up without the couch was exactly like ours.:eek:

Do all the rooms have the bathrobes and a coffee maker on the Star. Which places to eat are included in your fare. TIA

NCL now only has coffee pots in balcony and higher categories.

Other cabins can request one from the steward and IF a pot is available you could get one.

Eating in the two main dining rooms, buffet, and Blue Lagoon are included in fare.

We had a sideways cabin on the Spirit and it just felt bigger because of the way it was set up.

However, I think there could be a better set up. The only problem was every time you opened the door, it hit the bed and you had to step inside and shut the door before you could go to the other side of the room (where they had the couch and vanity located). IMO, if they would have put the bed over on the other side of the room and had the couch where the bed was, it would feel even more spacious. It would be like walking in to a "mini" living room. :) But we did like it!

We are booked in a sideways cabin (9601) on the Spirit shortly. Do you know where the 3rd and 4th beds are? On the Jade one was a pull down and the other was stored under one of the normal beds & made so we had 3 beds all in a row together like one big bed. We didn't have a couch in our cabin & I'm wondering if that is one of the beds?

We didn't want an inside (smaller) but hardly any other cabins on the Spirit accommodate 4 people :(

Thanks

We are booked in a sideways cabin (9601) on the Spirit shortly. Do you know where the 3rd and 4th beds are? On the Jade one was a pull down and the other was stored under one of the normal beds & made so we had 3 beds all in a row together like one big bed. We didn't have a couch in our cabin & I'm wondering if that is one of the beds?

We didn't want an inside (smaller) but hardly any other cabins on the Spirit accommodate 4 people :(

Thanks

Ours was the couch that pulled out in to a bed. I think we only had a room for 3 because I don't recall there being a pull down from the wall in there. There wouldn't have been any room for one that was stored under the bed since after you pull out the couch, there wouldn't be any room to put one. So my guess is either a couch that pulls out and a pull down from the wall or just a regular pull down from the wall and one from under the beds if you need 4 people. :)

• 1 month later...

I have a sideways inside deck 12 on the Star coming up in 2 days. I'll take LOTS of pictures and see if I can get them uploaded for everyone.

I too keep worrying if I made a mistake, I spent $200 more to get this sideways cabin rather then sticking with the GTY inside I had originally book :eek: We will find out in 2 days :D

Also thanks for the ideas to move the furniture around! I will be prepared to move things if a different layout will suit us better.

Some sideways cabins are larger...I think it depends on the ship and where the cabins are located. A few years ago, on the Spirit, we were in a 200 ft sideways cabin under the stairway on deck 6. It was awesome! I just booked a 191 ft cabin on the Sun on deck 10, also sideways. If you click on the cabin number on the NCL site when you are booking a cruise, it will tell you the exact size of that particular cabin. Hope that helps!

~Joanne

I have a sideways inside deck 12 on the Star coming up in 2 days. I'll take LOTS of pictures and see if I can get them uploaded for everyone.

I too keep worrying if I made a mistake, I spent $200 more to get this sideways cabin rather then sticking with the GTY inside I had originally book :eek: We will find out in 2 days :D

Also thanks for the ideas to move the furniture around! I will be prepared to move things if a different layout will suit us better.

Looking forward to the photos, I am going to be in 12035 in April and am curious as to how it looks when sideways.

• 2 weeks later...

avic77 were you able to take some photos to post? I hope your cruise was great!

Archived