Carnival Dream - No St. Maartin

Bernie388

Anyone hear why the Dream is not visiting St. Maartin? We were going to book for Sept. 7 because we like St. Maartin but now it shows the Dream is going to San Juan, Nassau, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Thanks for any info....

Our July 28th cruise on the Dream also cut out St Maarten and added Grand Turk and San Juan as replacements. On our cruise it can't be for overbooking at the dock because we were supposed to be one of 2 ships scheduled there all day.

Looks like this is changing beginning in July 2013.

At first I assumed it might be due to hurricane season and need to be more flexible in destinations.

I think the Breeze starts heading to St Maartin on its Eastern voyages in November or December. So it's not as if Carnival is ignoring the port.

We were going to book for Sept. 7 because we like St. Maartin ..

For a sept 7 sailing I would not be booking a cruise based on a certain cruise port. Its high peak hurricane season and one is about you will not even hit those other ports either.

E-mail didn't say, but the website shows 11am-6pm for SJU and 1pm-7pm for GT so I am guessing that is accurate for now.

Same hours for our July 28th sailing. Would have liked to seen them add Grand Turk but also keep St Marten. Not a big fan of San Juan.

I got the e-mail yesterday about our Sept. 21 sailing. I am more bummed about losing my third sea day than the port. I am okay with Grand Turk. Will probably just stay on the ship the day we dock in San Juan.

We are on the Aug. 24 sailing, same itinerary change. If I was going to stay on the ship for a day in port, it would be Nassau. Never been to San Juan.

Thank you for the times. I'm thinking of booking this on September 7th as we've been to St. Martin a few times and most cruises to San Juan don't get in until late afternoon and stay till about midnight. I like to sail from Port Canaveral so this is perfect!

I will get bad mouthed for this .But I own a business (I do have a real job as well) I do understand fully that things change but I do know by law if you dont get what you paid for you have a legal right towhat you paid for or your money back! And I would not accept it I pray they dont change my cruise in april or I will cancel it due to we are taking this cruise to this port cause it has been my mothers dream to go to ST martin since she was little and the whole reason for this cruise is to take her there !! The more I learn about cruising the more I learn about there consumers and I see that the people that book these cruises (I am one) let cruise lines take advantage of them you would'nt let wal-mart treat you this way dont let them . Most people work really hard for there money and you should get what you pay for ! If I buy a steak I want steak not chicken!!!

Will GT and SJ be permanent replacements for St. M and St. T? I am fine with it, just wanted to know. I plan to sail in Dec. (again on the Dream)

Looks like on the Carnival web site that the June thru October sailings have been changed, in October it goes back to its normal itinerary of St Maarten, St Thomas through out the rest of the year.

Archived