A good place to sit for last off ship

PinotBlanc

We were allowed to use our beverage package on Silhouette at Cafe al Bacio until about 9:30 when they told us the computer system shut down to prepare for the new sailing.

We relaxed there until everyone else had left.

In both of our cruises, the beverage package has been valid until we disembarked. From where are you quoting this information about nights?

I believe you are misunderstanding my response. It was in reply to Bailey and Sophie that said:

"But don't you pay for the beverage card for the last day?"

If you read the thread you'll see that I said I was able to use my package on disembarkation day, in response to another poster that said you couldn't.

I'll summarize, if you are on a 7 night cruise you pay for 7 days, but you get to use your package on disembarkation morning. At least this was my experience, others may vary. Clear now?

It makes sense that you can use your package on debarkation day. You pay based on number of nights. But embarkation day you can only use the drink service starting at noon or so, and on debarkation you must cease using package by 9:30 or earlier. Added together they still equal less than 1 day. So a package for 7 nights would be for part of first and part of last and the 6 full days in-between.

On our Summit cruise in December, we were able to get coffee from Cafe al Bacio at about 8am with our classic drink package. Not sure about adding alcohol and not sure what time they shut down.

After breakfast in the buffet which ended at 8:30, we headed for the pool deck and enjoyed a bit of sunshine until we had to disembark at about 10:15 am. Of course the pools and hot tubs were closed and the pool deck was being cleaned from top to bottom.

The nearby restrooms were open and the drink station was available although they were cleaning it as well, so not everything was available. I believe I was able to get some juice and water there.

It was such a relaxed way to get off the ship, and we will always try to get a late disembarkation.

We're looking to reduce the stress of leaving the ship.

We want to avoid the chaos of getting off the ship with the crowd.

It's no problem being last off. We'll stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Can you help us find a comfortable place to sit (S-Class or M-Class) with our carry off bundles.

Comfortable chairs, cash bar, restrooms, and a view of the port area are end

of cruise bonuses for those of us in no hurry.

Are the pool areas or the buffet open during disembarkation?

Which places can you recommend?

Penny

We recently disembarked later than most from Eclipse. As we were being picked up by our son-in-law about mid-day, we did not rush to get off the ship.

We had a leisurely (and quiet) breakfast in the AquaSpa cafe in the Solarium and then sat there peacefully drinking coffee until we decided it was time to disembark.

Nobody bothered us, and we enjoyed our leisurely start to the day. We were not quite the last off the ship, and our luggage was easy to spot when we got on land.

We took a taxi to a close-by hotel, where we were again able to relax in the lobby, in a comfortable armchair, with (bought) coffee, watching the hotel's TV. Our SIL just collected us from the hotel.

That was our best disembarkation ever!

We recently disembarked later than most from Eclipse. As we were being picked up by our son-in-law about mid-day, we did not rush to get off the ship.

We had a leisurely (and quiet) breakfast in the AquaSpa cafe in the Solarium and then sat there peacefully drinking coffee until we decided it was time to disembark.

Nobody bothered us, and we enjoyed our leisurely start to the day. We were not quite the last off the ship, and our luggage was easy to spot when we got on land.

We took a taxi to a close-by hotel, where we were again able to relax in the lobby, in a comfortable armchair, with (bought) coffee, watching the hotel's TV. Our SIL just collected us from the hotel.

What time did they say the last group needed to be off the ship?

You gave a wonderful explanation but didn't post the time;)

Orv:

Thanks. Last year I paid for 12 days on an 11-nighter. I realize now that the first day and the last day are added together so I'm not really paying for a full day and only getting a couple of hours. It's not quite a whole 24 hour-day, but close enough for me. Last year we did use our card to get fresh juice and in Cafe al Bacio on the last day.

Thank you for your ideas on disembarking. I am going on the Eclipse this Saturday and am hyperventilating over the process of getting off the ship. Last year, in Ft. Lauderdale, on this same cruise but being on Constellation, it was a nightmare getting off the ship and walking a mile to only have to wait close to an hour for our luggage to be off loaded, and then an enormous line to clear Immigration, and it was hot in that 'barn'. And now we will be on the Eclipse so there will be more people! I think getting off last might be the way to go, since our flight leaves at 3p.m. we can do this.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

What time did they say the last group needed to be off the ship?

You gave a wonderful explanation but didn't post the time;)

I didn't say because I am not sure. Our "official" disembarkation time was 9am. I think we wandered off about 9:45 - there were still a few people disembarking, bugt the big crowds had gone.

We didn't hear any announcements in the Solarium, so I'm not sure how the timed process went.

One thing I like about the Elite level is the waiting area just for us, away from the crush of passengers in other lounges. It's usually the specialty restaurant (Normandie, e.g) or a meeting room near the cinema. They provide pastry, coffee and juice and you will always have a seat. In the restaurant the announcements ar not piped in, but the attendant will let you know when your color is called.

One thing I like about the Elite level is the waiting area just for us, away from the crush of passengers in other lounges. It's usually the specialty restaurant (Normandie, e.g) or a meeting room near the cinema. They provide pastry, coffee and juice and you will always have a seat. In the restaurant the announcements ar not piped in, but the attendant will let you know when your color is called.

That is only good if there aren't that many Elite on your sailing. Last year we had the Ocean Liner restaurant as our Elite lounge and it was packed - and it was loud that you couldn't hear the attendant when she came in to call out the colors. My sailing this Saturday has so many Elites that they are giving us drink coupons instead of happy hour because they cannot accommodate all of us. I hear that Concierge level now also will have their own departure lounge.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Sounds like Elites get ushered off in a line.

PB

Celle, What a great idea for last morning!

I need to think about a fun hotel where the next cruisers are not waiting with luggage for a shuttle.

Later, we can take another taxi or check in.

Penny

Sounds like Elites get ushered off in a line.

PB

Nope, not necessarily. Depends on what time you are disembarking.

I have been last off before and not ushered off anywhere;)

I waited till as close to the end as I could.....by the time I got into

the terminal most of the baggage was all gone and it was soooooo

easy to find mine:D

Ruthk--wow! I've never seen more than 15 or so people in the places they've put us. I've done it on Summit twice, Constellation and Millenium once each. Sailing Summit again 2-2.

Hope that is the case again. The key is to get there as early as possible, just like with the muster drill.

Ruthk--wow! I've never seen more than 15 or so people in the places they've put us. I've done it on Summit twice, Constellation and Millenium once each. Sailing Summit again 2-2.

Hope that is the case again. The key is to get there as early as possible, just like with the muster drill.

. . . or not!

Being Elite, we could have gone to the Tuscan Grill to wait for disembarkation, but the breakfast there finished earlier than we wanted.

For us, hurrying to get there for breakfast on the last day would have defeated our intention to get off the ship late, without rushing. That's why we chose to go to the AquaSpa Cafe, which was quiet, and where we had a leisurely breakfast.

No rush, no crowds, no hassle - perfect for us. :)

Archived