Wonderful Copenhagen

Hi Danish Viking!

We are staying post cruise at the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn for 3 nights. We will have 72-hour Copenhagen Cards, timing the start of the card for Friday late morning so that we can finish our 72-hour period with our transport to the airport on Monday morning, May 26.

With each of us pulling a wheeled suitcase, how would we use the Copenhagen card for the transportation to the airport from the Hotel Bethel? Bus? Train? What stations?

Thanks for all your advice!

Hi Danish Viking!

We are staying post cruise at the Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn for 3 nights. We will have 72-hour Copenhagen Cards, timing the start of the card for Friday late morning so that we can finish our 72-hour period with our transport to the airport on Monday morning, May 26.

With each of us pulling a wheeled suitcase, how would we use the Copenhagen card for the transportation to the airport from the Hotel Bethel? Bus? Train? What stations?

Thanks for all your advice!

Kongens Nytorv metro station is located very close Bethel.

From here you just take M2 to Lufthavnen (danish for the airport)

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Hotel+Bethel,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Kongens+Nytorv+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.284908,11.710779&sspn=2.036558,4.938354&geocode=Fc2ZUQMdcx_AACFnIZN9Nd2xCylDz7QvPVNSRjFnIZN9Nd2xCw%3BFdGYUQMdDAnAACnfKm6VF1NSRjHDY3soZvWnZw&oq=kongens+&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=17

Edited by Danish viking

Danish Viking,

So glad to have found you. We will be a party of 8, 5 adults and 3 pre teens. We are scheduled to land at 7 AM on July 14 and would like a touring transfer ( about 4 hours) with a drop off at the ship. Ideally we would like a pick up on July 28 directly to the airport. Any suggestions who to contact? Thanks for your help.

Caryll

Try to call the official tourist guide association.

http://www.guides.dk/sys/site-2.html

I was in northern Copenhagen with my brother for a birthday and on the way home to Køge we went past the new cruise terminal and took some photos of one the terminal buildings so I can show you the progress.

They are however on my brothers cellphone so I have to wait until he has uploaded them so you guys can see them.

But I can tell that the outside facilities looks almost finished and on the terminal buildings they only needed to put in a few windows.

How the progress is on the inside I can't tell for some good reasons. :D

But there was no visible pipes of any sorts so it looks like the terminal is linked to Copenhagen's drinking supply, they have made a system so the cruiseships just can pump in fresh drinking water directly from the pipes so the drinking water is 100 % fresh.

We will be sailing on Legend Of The Seas, June 18, 2014 and have been told that our pier is "quay C330"...is this adequate address information for a taxi driver? If not, please advise. Thank you!!!

I am sure the taxi driver would know where C330 pier is located - this new pier would have been in operation for over a month by June. For just in case, here is the full description: Freeport - Oceankaj Pier C330.

Hi - not sure if this is the right forum or not or if this question has already been asked, but is it worth traveling from Copenhagen to Malmö? I've heard Malmö is interesting, but is it worth the trip and how difficult is the train ride to get there?

I'll be spending approximately 2.5 days in Copenhagen prior to my cruise and wondered if tacking on Malmö is worth the trip or whether I should spend most of that time in Copenhagen.

Thanks!

We will be sailing on Legend Of The Seas, June 18, 2014 and have been told that our pier is "quay C330"...is this adequate address information for a taxi driver? If not, please advise. Thank you!!!

The cruise terminal is signposted on the streets at the start of the harbour as cruise terminal - Ocean. (no kaj or vej just Ocean)

Hi - not sure if this is the right forum or not or if this question has already been asked, but is it worth traveling from Copenhagen to Malmö? I've heard Malmö is interesting, but is it worth the trip and how difficult is the train ride to get there?

I'll be spending approximately 2.5 days in Copenhagen prior to my cruise and wondered if tacking on Malmö is worth the trip or whether I should spend most of that time in Copenhagen.

Thanks!

It can be done in a halft day so I would say yes, do it.

The train departs every 20th minute and the trip takes 35 minutes.

The train departs from Østerport, Nørreport, København H (Central station), Ørestad (if you stay at Crowne Plaza, Bella Sky or Cabinn Metro), Tårnby and the airport.

There are 2 stations in central Malmö, Triangeln and Malmö C (Central station) and the city is very walkable.

A single ticket costs 88 kroner oneway but as posted earlier the Øresund Familie ticket will save you some money if you are 2 persons.

I'm missing the Search Function so I'll post the question here.

What do we do if there were 4 of us wanting to share a taxi to the airport after our cruise? Are there larger vehicles available? Is it a flat rate to the airport? We are disembarking at the new pier, 330, if that makes a difference.

I´m guessing that it would be around 350-450 DKK depending on size of the taxi, route and time of day.

The freeway is quicker but more expensive.

The route over Amagerbrogade or Amagerstrandvej is shorter and therefore cheaper but its on regular streets so with intersections etc it will be a longer route.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Oceankaj&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Lufthavn,+Lufthavnsboulevarden,+Kastrup&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.818388,12.539677&sspn=0.06587,0.195179&geocode=FSEgUgMdp4_AACkhIFRIuFJSRjHuugE7rtYlUQ%3BFfLVUAMdvvXAACELs1og_7yV_ClrlYcnEKtTRjELs1og_7yV_A&oq=k%C3%B8benhavns+lufthavn&t=h&mra=ls&z=12

I´m guessing that it would be around 350-450 DKK depending on size of the taxi, route and time of day.

The freeway is quicker but more expensive.

The route over Amagerbrogade or Amagerstrandvej is shorter and therefore cheaper but its on regular streets so with intersections etc it will be a longer route.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Oceankaj&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Lufthavn,+Lufthavnsboulevarden,+Kastrup&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.818388,12.539677&sspn=0.06587,0.195179&geocode=FSEgUgMdp4_AACkhIFRIuFJSRjHuugE7rtYlUQ%3BFfLVUAMdvvXAACELs1og_7yV_ClrlYcnEKtTRjELs1og_7yV_A&oq=k%C3%B8benhavns+lufthavn&t=h&mra=ls&z=12

Thanks for the information, Danish Viking. We will be departing on a Sunday, if that makes any difference. Can we tell the driver which way we would like to go or will he have the final say?

There are is a little extra fee for driving un a Sunday but on the plus side there will be no cars on the streets so Amagerbrogade should be no problem.

There will probably be a short trip on the freeway at the end of the trip so don't panic if you end on the freeway. :D

I think that you can ask the driver to avoid the freeway if you don't dare to ask for the cheap route.

As you saw on the map the difference was 14 km compared to 20,5 kilometres so there is around 30% to spare. :D

... if you want traditional danish food then Færgekroens Bryghus or Brødrene Price.
Would a reservation be necessary for four people at either of these places around 21:00 on a Tuesday evening in late August? What is the peak dining time for Danes? We wouldn't mind a 45 to 60 minute wait as walk-ins. Thanks!

We plan to take the metro to the city center then walk to our hotel. Do the Metro stations have elevators as well as escalators? I have trouble managing luggage on an escalator. I expect that there are elevators to accommodate people with wheelchairs, but I have not read any information to confirm that.

Hi Danish Viking

We arrive on Tuesday June 17th @ 7:15am. I'm trying to decide the best way to get to our hotel, Best Western Hebron. Is the train our best option with our luggage? Also I read previously that bus #26 could take us close to C330. Is that what we should take to get to our ship leaving on June 18th? Again is there room with our luggage or should be take a cab? There will be four of us plus luggage.

Thanks so much for your help. Can't wait to see your beautiful city. :)

It can be done in a halft day so I would say yes, do it.

The train departs every 20th minute and the trip takes 35 minutes.

The train departs from Østerport, Nørreport, København H (Central station), Ørestad (if you stay at Crowne Plaza, Bella Sky or Cabinn Metro), Tårnby and the airport.

There are 2 stations in central Malmö, Triangeln and Malmö C (Central station) and the city is very walkable.

A single ticket costs 88 kroner oneway but as posted earlier the Øresund Familie ticket will save you some money if you are 2 persons.

Danish Viking - thanks for your advice and information! Sounds like it might a fun excursion!

Would a reservation be necessary for four people at either of these places around 21:00 on a Tuesday evening in late August? What is the peak dining time for Danes? We wouldn't mind a 45 to 60 minute wait as walk-ins. Thanks!

Brødrene Price (the Price Brothers, Adam and James) has their own TV show so they and their restaurants are very popular so there will perhaps be some waiting time

But I´m guessing that 18:00 to 20:00 is the primetime for eating so you will probably have no problems to arrive after that time.

http://tivoli.brdr-price.dk/

http://faergekroen.com/html/front.html

We plan to take the metro to the city center then walk to our hotel. Do the Metro stations have elevators as well as escalators? I have trouble managing luggage on an escalator. I expect that there are elevators to accommodate people with wheelchairs, but I have not read any information to confirm that.

There are elevators on all stations, the info screens on the stations will tell you if they are out of service at your station.

Hi Danish Viking

We arrive on Tuesday June 17th @ 7:15am. I'm trying to decide the best way to get to our hotel, Best Western Hebron. Is the train our best option with our luggage? Also I read previously that bus #26 could take us close to C330. Is that what we should take to get to our ship leaving on June 18th? Again is there room with our luggage or should be take a cab? There will be four of us plus luggage.

Thanks so much for your help. Can't wait to see your beautiful city. :)

Yes, take the airport train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at København H (central station).

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd+Posthus,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=hotel+hebron&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.673773,12.560849&sspn=0.007877,0.01929&geocode=FZh-UQMdgbW_ACG8Pbjhu201oCnh_NMBDVNSRjG8Pbjhu201oA%3BFTh_UQMdy6m_ACGQhgySJwq-8SlfZpi5DFNSRjGQhgySJwq-8Q&oq=k%C3%B8benhavns+h&t=h&gl=dk&mra=ls&z=18

Yes you can take bus 26 towards the new cruise pier.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Hotel+Hebron,+Helgolandsgade&daddr=Trommesalen+%4055.673264,12.560373&hl=da&sll=55.672152,12.55976&sspn=0.003939,0.009645&geocode=FTh_UQMdy6m_ACGQhgySJwq-8SlfZpi5DFNSRjGQhgySJwq-8Q%3BFbCBUQMd9ae_AA&oq=hebron&t=h&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=19

Only take the C departures, around 07 and 27 past the hour, but it changes later in the day

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000007915

Hi Danish Viking. I really appreciate all the help that you provide for visitors to your city.

There are a group of 14 who plan to travel from our cruise ship at C330 to the Town Hall Square on 10 May (Saturday) for a walking tour at 11:00. We know that bus #26 does not run on the weekends and there may or may not be a private shuttle at the new cruise terminal. Our ship, Legend, has confirmed they will not have a shuttle.

How would you recommend that we get to Town Hall Square (our ship arrives at 7:00) from C330? We would like to minimize cost if possible.

After our walking tour ends at Amalienborg Royal Palace around 14:00 we will walk to Nyhavn for a canal boat tour on Netto-Badene that leaves at 14:20 from Nyhavn at Heibergsgade and returns about 15:20. Our ship leaves at 17:00 but we need to be back by about 16:00 to be safe. How would you recommend we return to the ship from Nyhavn?

Thank you.

Bill

Danish Viking

Thanks so much for your reply. Is it possible to get the bus schedule in English? Also do you think it would be best to purchase a 24 hr city pass or the Copenhagen card? It appears the 10 trip ticket will no longer be available.

Thanks again.

Hi Danish Viking. I really appreciate all the help that you provide for visitors to your city.

There are a group of 14 who plan to travel from our cruise ship at C330 to the Town Hall Square on 10 May (Saturday) for a walking tour at 11:00. We know that bus #26 does not run on the weekends and there may or may not be a private shuttle at the new cruise terminal. Our ship, Legend, has confirmed they will not have a shuttle.

How would you recommend that we get to Town Hall Square (our ship arrives at 7:00) from C330? We would like to minimize cost if possible.

After our walking tour ends at Amalienborg Royal Palace around 14:00 we will walk to Nyhavn for a canal boat tour on Netto-Badene that leaves at 14:20 from Nyhavn at Heibergsgade and returns about 15:20. Our ship leaves at 17:00 but we need to be back by about 16:00 to be safe. How would you recommend we return to the ship from Nyhavn?

Thank you.

Bill

I hope that the port authority announces something about those busses in not so long time.

But I'm curious why Royal Caribbean is not running any?

Maybe they have some info about a possible shuttle run by the port authority.

But to answer your question then I would say that the easy option (but not the cheap) is to take the taxi or use the Ho/ho busses.

Edited by Danish viking