Carnival shareprice is it a good time to buy ?

jaydonny

Having just reread your post I wouldn't like to say if the payout will make the share price fall! I'm actually thinking of selling mine as we don't seem to Zoe doing that many cruises with p&o now, in fact we have none booked after our forthcoming Azura one and just a couple of Cunard ones...might quit while I'm ahead and buy again if the price falls.

I think Concordia has been fully factored into the share price, we were fortunate we bought ours the day after the disaster (completely fortuitous) at a price of £18.50. Not sure that there will be much downside on share prices in general as most countries start to come out of the recession.

If you intend to cruise with P&O at least once per year and for at least 13 nights you will get £125. So that is 5% on your outlay.

If like us you cruise 2/3 times then your return will be over 10%. That is without the divi. Which is at the moment around £60 per year.

So for example this year we will get around 15% which is very nice.

It's is assuming the shares are about £2500 to buy. Those who bought when they were below £2000 are clearly doing better.

Only you can make the decision knowing how often you cruise.

Gan Canny

Dai

If you intend to cruise with P&O at least once per year and for at least 13 nights you will get £125. So that is 5% on your outlay.

If like us you cruise 2/3 times then your return will be over 10%. That is without the divi. Which is at the moment around £60 per year.

It's is assuming the shares are about £2500 to buy. Those who bought when they were below £2000 are clearly doing better.

Gan Canny

Dai

Thanks for this Dai, I have never seen it explained better. Having bought my shares at c17.00 and cruising with P&O at least twice a year. I am very happy to get the OBC.

Thanks for this Dai, I have never seen it explained better. Having bought my shares at c17.00 and cruising with P&O at least twice a year. I am very happy to get the OBC.

Yes at £17.00 and with two cruises that's over £300 return which is about 18% against about half a percent in the BS ... The classic no-brainer.

Gan canny

Dai

:cool::cool:

Gan Canny

Dai

Dai.

Ours are now paid for from OBC and divi and are currently selling at £350 more than we paid for them. :) :)

Cb

Carnival shares are currently at a 12month high of £26.15. I bought mine five years ago at around £21. Since I have had them they have been down to £13 and as high as £30.

You can see the price graph for the last 12months here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/shares/3/87234/twelve_month.stm

Even at £26, one cruise per year and dividends (£185) is a return of 7% on your investment.

The Concordia costs have already been factored into the share price. Its the unknown costs that affect the price once they become known. A big factor is the oil price - which way will that go?

Brian

We bought an extra 200 after the Japanese tsunami when all shares fell, but unfortunately Carnival did not go back up as we would have liked, partly because of the Concordia disaster. I also think the Concordia is well factored in and I think the payments were coming from insurance anyway.

Carnival have been buying shares and last week there was an announcement on their website that they are increasing the amount of shares they are targeting. My husband saw one financial site (or individual who rekoned the target price in the forseeable future is 3,000 so they may yet go higher.

Does anyone know of a crystal ball going cheap?

Barbara

You are not limited to P&O as you get shareholder benefit from all the Carnival cruises lines :D

Naturally but this is the P&O section and I assumed that the OP was looking to use P&O. Actually if you use a line using Dora's you do better as you get $250 for a 14 night cruise which is more than the £125 you get with P&O.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

I bought mine the year they decided not to pay out a dividend:( but the price was just over £16 a share:) Over the years, I would like to think I have had more back than I paid for them, one of my better investments.

Whether it is a good time to buy will depend purely on your financial circumstances. If you can afford to tie up roughly £2600 and intend to do one cruise a year of 14 nights, as said it will give about a 5% return provided the shares don't drop, as the saying goes, you pays your money and takes your chances.

Archived