Quick question about upgrades

If it is a complimentary upgrade then no - I was upgraded from E2 to JR on the Brilliance last year and only got single points.

If you pay to upgrade then you will ofcourse get double points.

Pete & Wifey.

I can confirm I was told the same last week

dutchclogs

I have a question... there is an "upgrade preferences" in the profile on RCCL website. If I select "automatic upgrade" does RCCL give you the option to turn it down? For example we are with 6 other couples. We are all on Boardwalk Balconies and are near each other. I would go anywhere for an upgrade to JS or higher (duh). But I don't necessarily want an upgrade to an ocean balcony if it is the other end of the ship. And don't consider "Central Park" as an upgrade. Any experiences or thoughts on this?

I have a question... there is an "upgrade preferences" in the profile on RCCL website. If I select "automatic upgrade" does RCCL give you the option to turn it down? For example we are with 6 other couples. We are all on Boardwalk Balconies and are near each other. I would go anywhere for an upgrade to JS or higher (duh). But I don't necessarily want an upgrade to an ocean balcony if it is the other end of the ship. And don't consider "Central Park" as an upgrade. Any experiences or thoughts on this?

There is an option to opt out of a central or boardwalk upgrades (however, they wouldn't consider it an upgrade to move you from a boardwalk to central park). but they do consider Ocean balconies and upgrade and there is no option for only JS upgrades. So if for this particular sailing you have many restrictions you should shut off your automatic upgrade preference. Once they upgrade, they will probably sell your original cabin and they may not call you first.

And you do know that chances of an upgrade are very slim. 6000 people on the Oasis class ships.

I often set my preferences off if I have an upcoming cruise (regardless whether the next or not) that I don't want an upgrade no matter what. They may try and upgrade very far out if there is a reason they want your cabin and often that irratates people. I wish they would automatically call before they ever change your cabin.

Choose the option that says you are traveling with friends and want to be near them.

Waiting at airport after fantastic Oasis cruise with 2 couples getting upgrades (up sells really as we both paid)- brother went from JS to CLS we went from a D7 to Grand Suite!! What a fantastic experience! Presidential was available but we were just 2 in each so didn't check that one out. Would bet they would off it to a CLS if it were available. Hope you get one!!

Archived