Laundry?

jewels89

Hi All!

My mother and I are sailing RCCI for the first time in April on NOS, Just wondering if there are any "suite" amenity packages (as they have on Holland America). Mainly we are looking for laundry packages...its just so nice to be able to go home with clean clothes :)

Any information on different packages available or specific laundry packages available would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, no laundry service. They do often run a special where they will wash a bag of clothes...I forget the price...10 or 20 bucks, but, other than that, no joy.[/quote\

I'm not certain but I think a bag of wash and fold laundry is around $25. If you want items washed and pressed you pay by each item.

Hi All!

My mother and I are sailing RCCI for the first time in April on NOS, Just wondering if there are any "suite" amenity packages (as they have on Holland America). Mainly we are looking for laundry packages...its just so nice to be able to go home with clean clothes :)

Any information on different packages available or specific laundry packages available would be greatly appreciated!

From the RCI website Shipboard Laundry Service price schedule.

Midway through your cruise there will be a Wash & Fold Special for $25 where you can include pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear. These items will not be ironed, just folded.

Here is a link from the RCI website that will detail the Enhanced Program for Suite Guests.

Hi All!

Nope, they don't offer the cleaning like on HAL. I had forgotten about that amenity, and it was a very nice one to take advantage of.

How many times would they do this "wash a bag" offer for a 9-night cruise? Is this offer on all RCL fleet and itineraries?

Some people have reported being able to ask the stateroom attendant and get the bag whenever they needed it.

On the Oasis, the "special" was $25 - wash and fold.

I tried wash and fold on Carnival. $15 all that would fit in the bag.

With wash and fold, I wouldn't trust anything you value. The old days of returning t-shirts on hangers is over. My stuff was folded - inside out and messily - with no regard for whether it was underwear or a shirt you wear as "overwear"

It was returned in a paper bag stapled on the top - where a staple had gone through one of the pieces of clothing. It was crammed full. Stuff was wrinkled.

Worth it to have clean underwear when you got home? I thought $15 was an all right price, but I wouldn't pay $25 like on the Oasis. Son thought it was worth $15 not to have to do laundry when he returned home. I figured I got what I paid for.

And really, I don't know if the quality of wash and fold on RCI ships is better than Carnival - but I would heed my warning about any items you think would shrink or otherwise get all wrinkly. I doubt the wrinkles would ever get out.

It will be wrinkled. It's wash and fold. Great for underwear, PJs etc. On a B2B it helped not to have to pack so much. I'm not able to wear a pair of white shorts and have them stay white for long..... Good advice not to include anything precious..... wash temperatures likely to be high.....

Archived