No inside smoking

No smoking on verandahs

Outside smoking:

Deck 5 port side

Deck 14, poolside, aft area, port side

Deck 15, Sunset Bar, aft, port side

Cigars and pipes allowed on Deck 15, not Deck 5 and 14

The Deck 5 area may be changed to starboard side if needed during bunkering

Thanks for the info cruisestitch---something I never looked into before as I never smoked and I think this is the first cruise I have been on where one member of our party was a smoker

Smoking areas on the S-class ship Reflection:

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 14 (Lido Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside next to the Pool Bar

.Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

For those of us that are not smokers, it was nice t see that the smoking area right outside the Solarium was gone. No more holding your breath as you walk into the Solarium.

There were far too many smokers at Sunset Bar and they tended to smoke in the center area as well as on the port side. 6 guys with cigars=gross.

Smoking areas on the S-class ship Reflection:

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 14 (Lido Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside next to the Pool Bar

.Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

Thank you! This is very helpful as there is one person in our group who smokes.

There were far too many smokers at Sunset Bar and they tended to smoke in the center area as well as on the port side. 6 guys with cigars=gross.

So were they smoking in the designated cigar smoking area or not? Where does the port side start? They have to draw a line somewhere. As long as they were where they were supposed to be then no one has any right to complain. Now, if they were on the starboard side smoking that is another story. I've seen way too many smokers either ignorantly or flagrantly smoking where they shouldn't be.

I know some folks won't be happy until there are no smoking areas anywhere but until that happens as long as someone is respecting the rules then we all have to accept it. Like it or not.

Port side would be from the midship line to the rail. The ship really isn't divided into thirds (starboard, center, port) there's only port and starboard. So smokers could be more toward the center than you might like, but still within the designated area.

FWIW, I think they should make the physical bar area(where the bartender is, and the seats around it) non smoking, with the smoking area off to the port side of it. Apparently that's not the way it is though.

The Sunset Bartenders know where the smoking section is up there -- it's on the Port side. When we were on Equinox, there was a guy smoking close to the mid-ships area, and when he left, the bartender cleaned his table and moved his ashtray back over to the Port side. I questioned him why they didn't enforce the smoking section. I can understand their position as they don't want to p-off any customers.

• 4 weeks later...

slp123

Thanks for asking the smokers question. The search on google brought me here, and now a cruise critic member.

I'm with a family party of 12 cruising on Reflection on the 9th August. All paid for by lovely younger brother. and there's me the only smoker in the party. so thanks fellow members for the info posted thus far

Archived