how bad is the coffee?

nonprofitgeek

I will take pot on the Diamond in Feb. just in case.:eek:

Be careful of those suitcase sniffing dogs - one may just pee on your pot:D

I think I will sign up for the cruise you are on. Nothing like being able to bring your own.......:)

The specialty coffee cafe is on the Plaza deck on the Dawn and is a very comfortable place to sit and relax.

Oh my this is distressing. I remember LOVING the coffee on Celebrity; if I recall it was Seattle's Best? Since I'm sailing out of seattle, maybe I should grab some in the airport?

I think Starbuck's is too strong, so am I more likely to be happy with the coffee on the Diamond?

It is the worst concoction that you can possibly imagine...I cannot believe that they even call it coffee:eek:

The worst concoction is what I have at work. Princess' coffee is great compared to that stuff.

There is something about a having coffee on a balcony while the ocean passes by which makes even a bad cup of coffee taste good. However, we were perfectly happy with the coffee on the Sun Princess in February. Granted, not Starbucks Verona but quite tasty on our balcony.

Never thought much about the coffee - good or bad - until I read this board!

If you are used to a flavored blend, or only drink a boutique brew, you are bound to be somewhat dissappointed. But, IMO, terrible it is not.

This does however, present a golden marketing marriage opportunity for Dunkin Donuts/Starbucks/Barnies etc. to set up a pay-per-brew kiosk/counter ala Haagen Das, onboard the ships.

I would not have thought about the coffee either until reading these boards and it seems pretty unanimous (with a few exceptions) that the coffee on Princess has a lot to be desired which I found strange since Carnival owns Princess. I actually loved the Carnival coffee BETTER than Dunkin' Donuts coffee on our last 2 cruises....always fresh and tasted great! Plus they had the liquid chocolate dispensed by the coffee...I was addicted! lol Since we are big coffee drinkers, we decided better safe than sorry. I ordered the cool coffee maker just a couple of days ago and got the shipment confirmation this morning....I wish we were going on the CP sooner than September, but will just have to wait.

I would not have thought about the coffee either until reading these boards and it seems pretty unanimous (with a few exceptions) that the coffee on Princess has a lot to be desired which I found strange since Carnival owns Princess. I actually loved the Carnival coffee BETTER than Dunkin' Donuts coffee on our last 2 cruises....always fresh and tasted great! Plus they had the liquid chocolate dispensed by the coffee...I was addicted! lol Since we are big coffee drinkers, we decided better safe than sorry. I ordered the cool coffee maker just a couple of days ago and got the shipment confirmation this morning....I wish we were going on the CP sooner than September, but will just have to wait.

What about the many thousands (millions?) of people who do not comment? I found the coffee to be quite acceptable thank you!

With all the comments about people bringing coffee pots with them, and then leaving them for the stewards.... I can just imagine future posts about tipping the steward up front if they will bring you a coffee pot from the many they have!:D And then the questions on whether you can get fresh grounds from the ship, or if you have to bring your own......

I have felt that the coffee on all our trips was good enough to drink and enjoy, but certainly would not make it either a highlight or a downfall of the cruise.

Hi folks,

I've noticed that many experienced cruisers seem to bring small coffee pots on board with them and I'm considering doing the same. Good, or at least decent, coffee is critical to my morning and I don't think I could deal with terrible coffee 7 days in a row. Is it really made with syrup as opposed to grounds? Please weigh in....if it helps, I'm a Starbucks or equivalently strong coffee drinker.

I wouldn't call it bad necessarily. Put enough cream and sugar in it, and it's passable ... but certainly not Dunkin Donuts quality! :) Sorry, but I love my Dunkin Donuts coffee!

The only place I had a truly horrible cup of coffee on the Island this past April was in Sabatini's. Don't know why ... but it was really bad. Coffee in the Lido was fairly decent, as well as that I had in the dining room. Can't speak about room service, though ... since I never order it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Well as I am not a coffee drinker (it makes me sick) my DH is. After reading many posts about coffee, I warned him, the coffee may not be good. Well he had it everyday and kept ordering it, he said it was good. We were on the Sun May23-30. But he does not like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts coffee, thinks those are gross! Now I know when he says, he usually likes what majority of others don't. Hey whatever works for you.

Archived