Wigs

sherilyn70

I'm around, just not as active since all I seem to do is work and sleep lately.

I just finished round 4 of chemo. Overall everything is going smooth, it's just wearing my body down. I'm still working a 40 hour week from home immediately after chemo (need to keep a paycheck coming in) and then another 40 hours in the office the following week. Then back to the hospital I go for the next round. :) Last cycle I learned the importance of having an immune system as I ended up with a fever and strep, they stuck me in the hospital for 2 days until I had a high enough white blood cell count to fight it off on my own. We caught everything so fast that I never felt any symptoms from the strep... just had the fever. The scans show that the tumor is slowing down (hopefully dying) but it isn't shrinking; however we didn't really expect it to shrink because of it's massive size. Two more rounds to go before we re-evaluate and figure out what the next step is. Hopefully it will be a little less intensive than what we have been doing, but I'll do whatever it takes to try and beat this!

Thank you for asking and keep those prayers coming. I need all the positive energy I can get to beat this.

Thinking about you and hoping that you have a favorable outcome. I am a breast cancer survivor of almost 9 years. You WILL beat this and continue to be compliant with the doctors orders and everything will go well for you.

Wish you the best :)

Sherilyn

i am new to cruise critic so I was jsut looking and found your post about wigs. I have female patterned baldness and wear a hair system so I was interested in the wig subject, after reading through the posts I just felt the need to tell you my thoughts and prayers are with you. You are such a brave and strong woman to be going through this most difficult time and still stay strong and positive and cotinue to work through all of this. I want you to know how much you touched my heart and I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. You have such a positve out look on life I am sure no matter what it throws at you you will keep going. I can only aspire to be the woman you are. Thank you so much for sharing your story. By the way I think you look beautiful without hair. Good for you for showing that picture. At this time I would not be able to do it. I am still trying to get adjusted to wearing a hair system. I usally do not even tell people but you have given me the courage to do it. I hope for you to have easy treatments and a ast recovery.

Shannon

Shannon

Thank you to everyone again for your thoughts and prayers. I started round 5 of chemo yesterday. Unfortunately I do not have great news to report. The tumor is starting to become more active again and I am almost at the lifetime limit allowed for the chemo treatment I have been getting. It is highly unlikely that the size of the mass (22cm) will reduce and eventually the cancer is going to overtake my body. How long that will be from now, who knows? So my goal is to keep on going and live every day to it's fullest and the most days out of this that I can. I have set a goal of 7 years for myself to see my 50th birthday. If I can make it that far then maybe I can kick it for good, right? I refuse to let this beat me down and take the life from me this soon... and the doctors say that the positive attitude and fighter in me can make an big difference in how this turns out. I have to believe that is true.

What the doctors say is true. Continue to fight like girl and you are always in my thoughts. Will check in you periodically and hopefully this round will cause some decrease in tumor size. Are you active in any clinical trials? I apologize in advance for such a personal question. Just hoping that they are pulling out everything possible to beat this beast.

So my goal is to keep on going and live every day to it's fullest and the most days out of this that I can. I have set a goal of 7 years for myself to see my 50th birthday. If I can make it that far then maybe I can kick it for good, right? I refuse to let this beat me down and take the life from me this soon... and the doctors say that the positive attitude and fighter in me can make an big difference in how this turns out. I have to believe that is true.

I worked with many Cancer patients and the will to survive and fight did amazing things .So keep on fighting !

Sherilyn, I will continue to pray for a miracle for you! You have such a wonderful attitude and I know that will be a big help. When I went thru my cancer my husband was my rock as I am sure yours is. Stay strong together and know that many on this board are praying for your miracle.

If you can, please keep us updated.

Thoughts and prayers are with you for continued healing. I love the wig, but I also live the freedom and simplicity of the bald head. You have beautiful features and carry it off very well. You smile is radiant and really accentuated without hair.

• 1 month later...

, I remember you from the "Other" site, where you were so supportive and so strong and successful. I pray now that you will be just as strong and successful at fighting this terrible disease.

Wishing you all the best of everything in this .

G-d bless.xx

• 2 weeks later...
Sherilyn, I haven't seen you post in awhile I sure hope your doing ok please check in when you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lori

Ditto. Prayers to you. Never, never, never give up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Read more than I post but have followed this thread. Hang in there Sherilyn! I too live in Columbus so if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Sending prayers your way.

Edited by Loves_Dogs

• 2 weeks later...