when do prices drop

Ba' Datz

usually after final payment (after 75 days out). how much and how quickly really depends on the cruise - how many cabins are sold and what's left.

assuming the ship is not sold out there should be sales.

I am looking at a possible June 30th Alaska Northbound on the Statendam or Southbound on the Zaandam.

Does anyone have any educated guess when prices might go down before the sailing date. Would it be a month out, two weeks. the last few days etc?

The are already showing guarantees for Interior cabins. I will be in Vancouver in any case at that time and would not have to make any last minute long distance travel arrangements.

There are a total of 6 cruises (various lines) leaving the area including Seattle on that day, so what would be the chances that I could not find a last minute on any of them?

Thanks for your help

I am looking at a possible June 30th Alaska Northbound on the Statendam or Southbound on the Zaandam.

Does anyone have any educated guess when prices might go down before the dailing date. Would it be a month out, two weeks. the last few days etc?

The are already showing guarantees for Interior cabins. I will be in Vancouver in anycase at that time and would not have to make any last minute long distance travel arrangements.

There are a total of 6 cruises (various lines) leaving the area including Seattle on that day, so what would be the chances that I could not find a last minute on any of them?

Thanks for your help

Check to see how well the sailing is selling to see if anything is available .... .I got bargains USUALLY after final payment date around 75 days prior to sailing so count back around mid April ...

Good luck

The last few years we have seen cabins being sold at clearance prices particularly on the one way Alaska Cruises up until 3 weeks before sailing. We always watch these as we live here and can take advantage, but we don't want to deal with airfare required on a one way. We are more interested in the return 7 day itineraries. The prices will drop usually about 2 months before the sailing date.

Check to see how well the sailing is selling to see if anything is available .... .I got bargains USUALLY after final payment date around 75 days prior to sailing so count back around mid April ...

Good luck

How can I see what the status of sales is?

This is weird! On this thread (and on several of threads in the past day or two) the first reply comes before the question is asked! Maybe the last edit time is being taken as the original post time?

I wondered about that too! I was impressed that Kazu knew the answer to the question before it was asked:D

Does anyone have any educated guess when prices might go down before the sailing date. Would it be a month out, two weeks. the last few days etc?

I'm on the statendam sailing. Just a reminder that its 4th of July. I would assume those sailings will have more bookings and slightly high prices. That said this is my first year of watching pricing, so I have no inside or educated knowledge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Frankly you may have missed the boat already. :rolleyes:

My DH and I booked 3 weeks ago during HAL's sale. We got a wonderful price. Last check on the same cabin today is $1900 more!!!! :eek:

We are very glad we booked when we did, as our airfares and excursions were purchased with the savings! :D :D

I have to say I am seeing Alaska Cruises selling much better this year than the last 3 previous years. Many sailings have limited availability. Looking at Statendam this ship carries a lot of Cruise Tour Passengers and HAL Cruise Tours have extremely popular this year. Last year this time we were already seeing May sailings with Flash sales this year prices have continued to go up with limited cabins available. In all honesty I doubt there will be much for sales except maybe some Interior cabins will go to Flash about 60 to 65 days prior to the sailing. But waiting that long to see if you will get a good price may cost you more in waiting with air costs. Kind of a Catch 22.

In all honesty I doubt there will be much for sales except maybe some Interior cabins will go to Flash about 60 to 65 days prior to the sailing. But waiting that long to see if you will get a good price may cost you more in waiting with air costs. Kind of a Catch 22.

I have my tickets to Vancouver. The only question is whether I start there or in Anchorage, depending on my final choice

My DH and I booked 3 weeks ago during HAL's sale. We got a wonderful price. Last check on the same cabin today is $1900 more!!!! :eek:

A fare sale just ended last week. Our cabin category was $600 more this week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Archived