Premium Beverage Package

cicsman

Just got off a 9 nighter on Enchantment. Spent about 750 in drinks for the wife and myself (most of it was mine though). Talked about how we should have done the premium package for convenience and frozen drinks.

Only drawback is both if us would have had to get it. Not a big drawback considering what we spent.

Just returned from Enchantment 9 days with the premium drink package. loved it. never thought twice about ordering a drink, never had any attitude from bar servers about having the package. in fact we had one bar server following us around all week making sure we had drinks, and we did not pre-tip him, he just enjoyed serving us and we loved him! the bartenders are very knowledgable about what is included and what is not, but will try their best to make you happy by offering an alternative. we did have a chat with the beverage manager about the wine selection, and he agreed there needs to be some tweaking of the package. also note that the soda package is included, so if you don't want to drink ALL day long you can switch it up. We had a cabana on Labadee, and had a TON of Labadoozies delivered to us in regular cups.....no questions asked.

We found that our biggest savings was that we didn't order lots of bottles of wine with this package. If we had, our bill would have probably been higher than the $55 per day without the package. We also took advantage of being able to bring wine on board so with 3 cabins, as a group we were able to bring 8 bottles of champagne on board (ok we cheated a little with 2 LOL) and drank them on the balcony or in public areas of the ship that did not have a bar.

All in all, I would (will) use the liquor package in the future. We don't feel we saved a ton of money or anything, but the convenience and variety made it totally worth it for us.

Hi

I have been reading about the premium packet here as I can't find anything on the RCI website (?)

On cruises with Celebrity we have always had the premium packages and have been very pleased with it.

On Celebrity all drinks up to a maximum price of 12 USD are included in the premium package. If you order a drink that is more expensive then that you will be charged the difference.

I just can't find any information about this and will be thankful for any help or a link to the right place on RCI website. Must say that I have a feeling that the RCI packets isn't quite as good as the X packages... Hopefull I'm wrong...

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have been reading about the premium packet here as I can't find anything on the RCI website (?)

On cruises with Celebrity we have always had the premium packages and have been very pleased with it.

On Celebrity all drinks up to a maximum price of 12 USD are included in the premium package. If you order a drink that is more expensive then that you will be charged the difference.

I just can't find any information about this and will be thankful for any help or a link to the right place on RCI website. Must say that I have a feeling that the RCI packets isn't quite as good as the X packages... Hopefull I'm wrong...

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, this is the only info that Royal has posted about the packages:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/12032090_Beverage_Package_Flyer_FAQ.pdf

I agree that the flyer does not answer many of the questions, and that the X packages are better in that they cover more options (bottled water, etc.) and are more clearly specified in what they cover. This non-specific and ambiguous wording is the way Royal has always done things, so I can only assume it's by design.

also note that the soda package is included, so if you don't want to drink ALL day long you can switch it up.

Thanks for that information. I was kind of wondering about that.

Also... My husband is a bigger drinker than me so if he gets the package am I forced to get it since we share a stateroom? I just don't really drink enough to make it worthwhile for me.

Thanks!

Thanks for that information. I was kind of wondering about that.

Also... My husband is a bigger drinker than me so if he gets the package am I forced to get it since we share a stateroom? I just don't really drink enough to make it worthwhile for me.

Thanks!

Yes, unfortunetly you both need to purchase the package. :(

Unfortunately, this is the only info that Royal has posted about the packages:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/12032090_Beverage_Package_Flyer_FAQ.pdf

I agree that the flyer does not answer many of the questions, and that the X packages are better in that they cover more options (bottled water, etc.) and are more clearly specified in what they cover. This non-specific and ambiguous wording is the way Royal has always done things, so I can only assume it's by design.

It looks like I was right. If the package doesn't include bottled water and fresh pressed juice, i don't think it's value for money. The price are the same as on Celebrity but includes less. Very strange especially when you consider tha fact that it's the same owner. Very disappointing!

It looks like I was right. If the package doesn't include bottled water and fresh pressed juice, i don't think it's value for money. The price are the same as on Celebrity but includes less. Very strange especially when you consider tha fact that it's the same owner. Very disappointing!

Yes, many people feel the same way when comparing the Celebrity package to the Royal package. Another weak area of Royal's package is the wine part. No specifics and no credit for higher priced glasses of wine.

Edited by clarea

I posted this on another thread, but its pretty much dead now. Just wondering if royal has raised their drink prices...I remember a coors light bottle being $3.50 and now it is listed as $4.50.... And they did away with regular mojitos which used to be $6 and have frozen mojitos now for $7. Were prices raised due to the availability of being able to purchase a beverage package? Or is my memory not serving me right... :)

Can anyone confirm that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is included in the premium alcohol package. If I can't get some good ales it will not be worth it

It should be included. The normal cost is $5.75, and by all accounts, beers at that price are included.

The only beer that was NOT included on our sailing was the large can of Fosters. We had a slight issue with some of the higher end bourbons (no big deal) and found it odd that there was not a choice for top shelf margaritas (only cuervo gold was included, but you could have a SHOT of patron......go figure). We basically drank all the grey goose in the schooner bar so they switched us to Chopin, thank you! :)

We had a slight issue with some of the higher end bourbons (no big deal) and found it odd that there was not a choice for top shelf margaritas (only cuervo gold was included, but you could have a SHOT of patron......go figure).

:eek: WHHAHAAAAATTTT???!!!! i was not aware of that. hope they stock up for my trip! lol

-Roger

The only beer that was NOT included on our sailing was the large can of Fosters. :)

Not that this would be an issue for me, but my DH may be a different story. The Premium Package description on the RCI site states ALL beers. How can they pick and choose if they said ALL in writing? With what we paid for the package it should cover the large can of Fosters.

Edited by Kevin's girl

Not that this would be an issue for me' date=' but my DH may be a different story. The Premium Package description on the RCI site states ALL beers. How can they pick and choose if they said ALL in writing? With what we paid for the package it should cover the large can of Fosters.[/quote']

Its all beers $6.25 or less I believe, the classic package carries over to the Premium package.

Yes, they do sqipe your card for every alcoholic drink, however the receipt is for zero - so there would be no way to know how much each drink was costing you, and how you did at the end; you can ask for each receipt also, if you really want and add up the drink prices yourself from the drinks lists, etc.

You can also ask for the receipt if you want to add an extra tip for a bartender who has taken good care of you, in the event you don't have a few $1s on you.

This is also how they track how the package is being used, and keep an eye out for sharing of a package; ie: if you order 3 or 4 different drinks within a 5 minute window or the like, they will notice and check it out.

Enjoy - we found the package worth it, both for the ease and for the $$ value.

Thanks I plan on getting my moneys worth!!Seems like it would work out to be pretty close so I will just get it so i dont have to worry

I posted this on another thread, but its pretty much dead now. Just wondering if royal has raised their drink prices...I remember a coors light bottle being $3.50 and now it is listed as $4.50.... And they did away with regular mojitos which used to be $6 and have frozen mojitos now for $7. Were prices raised due to the availability of being able to purchase a beverage package? Or is my memory not serving me right... :)

I am not too sure about the beer, but I was on Oasis of the Seas last April and the Frozen mojitos ( and majority of the frozen drinks ) were $7 or more. The package was not offered then, so I don't think any prices have been raised bc of the all-inclusive package.

I had all these questions too...so I compiled what I found and started a thread..may be of help to some...links to pics, experiences and an email I got from my TA's RCI rep..plus you can add yor two ¢ to help me out on ques. I have not thought of..... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37283795

Edited by ParrotHeadCruiser1