Premium Beverage Package

cicsman

Well that is just crazy. I am not taking a chance on a 9 day cruise that the ONE thing I love is crap. I can give up liquor but I want my "bubbly" and wine, so guess I will go with the wine package..

Anyhow for 5 days we will be in port off on excursions, so I would not even use the drink package til after 5pm! Labadee - can I get a bottle of champagne for the cabanna I was lucky to snag on Nellies - anyone know about that?

I think it is wiser for me to space my drinks out during the day when at sea and stick with wine, ...even though it looks like they even changed the Platinum wine to just average anyway. Don't understand their logic, but hey, I am not in the biz.

I don't know if you can get a bottle of champagne while on Labadee. However you can get one from a bar or room service or your wine package while on board the ship, and take it to Labadee.

I don't know if you can get a bottle of champagne while on Labadee. However you can get one from a bar or room ser:rolleyes:vice or your wine package while on board the ship, and take it to Labadee.

Now why didn't I think of that! All I need is an ice chest and viola, there is one in the cabana from what I've read..

Thanks, I owe you a drink!

Just did a quick conversion. Buying the Premium package now via the RCL UK website works out at £35.75 per day which is $53.74. So even at the recently raised price, it's still cheaper than buying it in $. If RCL DO lower the price again it will definitely be worth buying ahead of our July cruise.

We've only got 3 port stops and one of those is Labadee where we can make use of the package. Cozumel we've been to twice before so will probably only be off ship for a couple of hours. It's only in Jamaica that we'll be off most of the day.

Now why didn't I think of that! All I need is an ice chest and viola, there is one in the cabana from what I've read..

Thanks, I owe you a drink!

If not already in the cabana, they will definitely be able to give you an ice bucket filled with ice from the bar in the cabana area. By the way, check out the cabana perks, because we had a bottle of champagne included with our cabana on Coco Cay. Don't know if they do the same thing on Labadee.

Just did a quick conversion. Buying the Premium package now via the RCL UK website works out at £35.75 per day which is $53.74. So even at the recently raised price, it's still cheaper than buying it in $. If RCL DO lower the price again it will definitely be worth buying ahead of our July cruise.

We've only got 3 port stops and one of those is Labadee where we can make use of the package. Cozumel we've been to twice before so will probably only be off ship for a couple of hours. It's only in Jamaica that we'll be off most of the day.

Just checked the premium package price for our cruise. It also quotes £35.75 per day, but then adds the 15% gratuity at checkout! If you can obtain without paying the extra, well done. I think we will be waiting to buy once on ship.

From EVERYTHING I have read, wine lovers are NOT satisfied with the premium package wine selection...one cabernet, one merlot, one white....

If you like wine, I'd go wine package....

I like fruity drinks and beer...I'll go premium with a dash of champagne scattered about...

Not sure where we got into the $£ dicussion, but I hope they get it fixed!!

Thanks to all for the great replies!

Small hijack, but - what's the Wine Package? And how much is it? I can't find it on Royal's website.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/sample-winedine-menu.pdf

Prices for 5, 7, 10, 12 bottles. Add 15% gratuity to listed prices.

$165, $220, $300, $335

Edited by clarea
Corrected price

Just checked the premium package price for our cruise. It also quotes £35.75 per day, but then adds the 15% gratuity at checkout! If you can obtain without paying the extra, well done. I think we will be waiting to buy once on ship.

Are you sure? I went through the checkout process as far as being about to enter my credit card details and it says gratuities are included - total cost of £500.50 for 2 of us (£35.75 per day each).

Our family likes wine...and we are considering the new policy of being able to bring two bottles of wine on board per cabin in addition to the wine pack with dinner......we have over $300 credit per room for the cruise and that is enough to covr foo-foo drinks and beer..........the $55 per day per person seems to expensive for our crew...............

Guest Name Package Type Price

Premium Package

*464.75 GBP

Premium Package

*464.75 GBP

Subtotal: *929.50 GBP

Gratuity: *139.42 GBP

Total: *1,068.92 GBP

just taken from countdown to cruise.

Spoken to rccl just say they'll get back to us!

They don't lower the price, as it is always what they quote in USD. What will change is the rate of exchange when they convert it to the other currencies they have offices in, so for us with the pound taking a beating from the dollar, that is why it may change but that should mean it getting more expensive in GBP! RCI must be using a better ROE for us than the rate you can buy currency at today!

Guest Name Package Type Price

Premium Package

*464.75 GBP

Premium Package

*464.75 GBP

Subtotal: *929.50 GBP

Gratuity: *139.42 GBP

Total: *1,068.92 GBP

just taken from countdown to cruise.

Spoken to rccl just say they'll get back to us!

This is ridiculous, how can they keep saying it is fixed when people can quite clearly show it is not! :mad:

We do want to buy the package but not paying grats twice. If We want to tip the server extra that is for us to decide at the time. Wish royal would get their act together especially as a lot of people are now getting the premium package incl "free" on our cruise.

They don't lower the price, as it is always what they quote in USD. What will change is the rate of exchange when they convert it to the other currencies they have offices in, so for us with the pound taking a beating from the dollar, that is why it may change but that should mean it getting more expensive in GBP! RCI must be using a better ROE for us than the rate you can buy currency at today!

The price on the RCL UK site is quoted in £ not $

We sail tomorrow and some late comers to roll call are now only just finding out they have been "overcharged" for their premium drinks package:mad:

This is on the RCI Australian web site that is still showing the overcharge after more than 4 weeks of online sales with the over charge included!

How many more unsuspecting cruisers have over paid and will never realise because they have no CC contact or information to let them know?

If it is a genuine mistake as claimed by RCI why has it not been rectified? The price cost of many a cruise can be changed daily without much effort?

The overcharge was never included in the Classic package?

They dont want to change it! I presume if the figures show enough are willing to pay an extra 15% on top of the $55 US per day charge then the Premium package will possibly go up in price by 15% for all RCI future cruises;)

Den

The price on the RCL UK site is quoted in £ not $

Yes, which was my point, they set the price in USD and it gets converted on each international website to the currency of use, hence we see it in GBP. But it is converted at the ROE that they use which I'm not always sure is as up to date as forex rates.

Well that is just crazy. I am not taking a chance on a 9 day cruise that the ONE thing I love is crap. I can give up liquor but I want my "bubbly" and wine, so guess I will go with the wine package..

Anyhow for 5 days we will be in port off on excursions, so I would not even use the drink package til after 5pm! Labadee - can I get a bottle of champagne for the cabanna I was lucky to snag on Nellies - anyone know about that?

I think it is wiser for me to space my drinks out during the day when at sea and stick with wine, ...even though it looks like they even changed the Platinum wine to just average anyway. Don't understand their logic, but hey, I am not in the biz.

If you are a mostly wine drinker, the liquor package is NOT for you. the house wine is horrible. the bubbly is not horrible, but its no cliquot either LOL!

lol, I take it that means it is fixed for your sailing??? :confused:

Yes thanks. No gratuities showing so £ 35.75. Pppn So favourable exchange. Will book as soon as hubby gets home. :D

£139.42 saved to spend pre cruise.

A couple of weeks ago the package was £210 plus 15% gratuity which made a total of £241.50. But the £ has dropped against the $ so I assume it's why the price increased to £250.25 (with the gratuity now included). Wish I'd booked it 2 weeks ago now! £250.25 is still less than $55 so I don't whether to book it now or take a change that the £ will recover again against the $.

A couple of weeks ago the package was £210 plus 15% gratuity which made a total of £241.50. But the £ has dropped against the $ so I assume it's why the price increased to £250.25 (with the gratuity now included). Wish I'd booked it 2 weeks ago now! £250.25 is still less than $55 so I don't whether to book it now or take a change that the £ will recover again against the $.

Just buy it onboard! It is $55US no more no less:rolleyes:

When the pound is high change some into US Dollars then go put it on your sea pass after you board if you dont want a big end bill:)

Isnt there better things to wish for than a 8.75 pound saving lol

now I know why I emigrated to Australia lol