Premium Beverage Package

cicsman

Just got off the FOS yesterday and purchased the Premium Package. All six of us thought it was Welllllll worth it. Still don't like having to sign all the little slips of paper, but dealt with it. You get a sticker on your SeaPass card and all you do it give your card to your bartender/waiter and he/she will bring you the drink.

Any specific questions, please let me know. We used it WELL!

I have not seen a list of the wines available on the package - someone posted a list but I was not clear if that was a list of "house" wines or the drink package. If the Hess and Clos du Bois are available in the package, it seems worth it to get the package (being a wine drinker that is). Last time we sailed was Princess and their packages are only available for 10+ day cruises which seems silly to me. Any other info people can share would be great. We are sailing Oasis in January 2014. Thanks!

Barbara

I have not seen a list of the wines available on the package - someone posted a list but I was not clear if that was a list of "house" wines or the drink package. If the Hess and Clos du Bois are available in the package, it seems worth it to get the package (being a wine drinker that is). Last time we sailed was Princess and their packages are only available for 10+ day cruises which seems silly to me. Any other info people can share would be great. We are sailing Oasis in January 2014. Thanks!

Barbara

Sometimes the terminology is confusing. When someone says "package", they could be referring to the "Wine and Dine Package", which is a set number of bottles of wine, and includes a number of varieties of wine. They could also be referring to the "Premium Alcoholic Beverage Package" which is unlimited drinks, and includes only the house wine. The house wine is currently a brand called St. Martin, though there might be some La Terre left on some ships.

Barbara

There does not seem to be a choice in wine with the premium package. You have access to the "House" wines. There appears to be a single brand with a Red, White, Blush, and Sparkling variety. The brand used seems to alternate between La Terre and St.Martin. If you are a "wine snob" (not derogatory) then the package included wines will probably not suit your tastes. I am not a wine drinker, and when I do have a glass they all taste the same to me, so I don't have a problem with this. If I had wine experience I might feel different. Hope this helps.

Chris

Edited by chrismarois

Sportsfan1 posted this list in the Ultimate Drink Package Thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1838460&highlight=ultimate

Its the best list I've seen and credit to him for posting.

American Premium Beers in Aluminum 16oz Bottles:

Budweiser®, Bud Light®, and Bud Select®

Michelob Ultra®

Blue Moon®

Coors Light®

Miller Lite®

Samuel Adams®

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale®

Smirnoff Ice®

Mike’s Hard Lemonade®

Beers of the World:

Amstel Light®

Beck’s®

Corona Extra®

Dos Equis®

Heineken® and Heineken Light®

Kirin Light®

Peroni®

Pilsner Urquell®

Red Stripe®

Stella Artois®

Select House Wines:

Merlot (La Terre, California, USA)

Chardonay (La Terre, California, USA)

Pino Grigio (La Terre, California, USA)

The Premium Package, at $55.00 per guest per day, includes everything in the

Classic package, plus a selection of premium spirits:

VODKAS

Absolut®

Belvedere®

Finlandia®

Grey Goose®

Ketel One®

Russian Standard®

Smirnoff®

Stolichnaya®

GINS

Beefeater®

Bombay Sapphire®

Hendrick’s®

Tanqueray®

RUMS

Appleton® V/X

Bacardi®

Blackwell Fine Jamaican®

Captain Morgan® Spiced

Cruzan®

Mt. Gay Eclipse® Silver

Malibu®

Myer’s® Original Dark

Gosling’s® Black Seal

Leblon Cachaca®

TEQUILAS

Corazon®

Cuervo®

Sauza®

SCOTCH

The Balvenie® 12 year

Chivas Regal® 12 year

Cutty Sark®

Dewar’s®

Glennfiddich®

J&B®

Johnnie Walker® Black

Johnnie Walker® Red

The Glenlivet®

The Macallan® Select Oak

WHISKIES

Canadian Club®

Crown Royal®

Jack Daniel’s®

Jameson®

Seagram’s® VO

BOURBON

Baker’s®

Blanton’s®

Gentleman Jack®

Jim Beam®

Knob Creek®

Maker’s Mark®

BRANDY & COGNAC

Carlos® I

Courvoisier® VS

CORDIALS

Baileys®

Chambord®

Cointreau®

Disaronno®

Drambuie®

Frangelico®

Grand Mariner®

Jagermeister®

Kahlua®

Southern Comfort®

Tia Maria®

Just got off a 9 nighter on Enchantment. Spent about 750 in drinks for the wife and myself (most of it was mine though). Talked about how we should have done the premium package for convenience and frozen drinks.

Only drawback is both if us would have had to get it. Not a big drawback considering what we spent.

Actually you would have spent $240 more with the drink package.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Do u know is there certain brand of beers for certain packages?

Going on the enchantment in April considering the premium package

but didn't know if it considered all flavored of beers??

Here's the beer menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe only the beers with asterisks are excluded.

Edited by clarea

When did you last cruise? We have been cruising since 2004, and we have NEVER seen beer for $3.50!!:)

We recently found a receipt from our June/July 2013 Allure cruise and it was $4.50 for a Stella. And then $6.75 for a DOTD.

Edited by chicy724

How about champagne? sparking wine? kir royals being included with the packages? :D

Champagne and sparking wine are included up to $8 a glass in the Select Package and $12 a glass in the Premium Package.

So from what I read anyone over 21 in a cabin is not required to get the drink package. So 1 person can get it the other doesn't have too

Correct; they changed the packages. I remember that for our June/July 2013 Allure- we were not impressed that each adult 21+ had to get the package. This year; we don't have to if we don't want to. Hubby can get it if he wants, and I don't have to. And vice-a-versa.

Champagne and sparking wine are included up to $8 a glass in the Select Package and $12 a glass in the Premium Package.

I am trying to figure out how to get Mimosas in the AM. I've read that they don't include Mimosas with the premium package. I guess I could get my own OJ and order a glass of champagne.

But then what about Bellinis? Such as the Bellini Sunset that is always advertised on the breakfast tables?

Edited by chicy724

Who told you Mimosa's weren't included in the premium drink package?

I had read it on here on a few posts. Some had said their friend ordered a glass of champagne and an OJ, and a separate glass and put them together.

Maybe that was part of the outdated package before they made changes?:confused:

I found this post after doing some searching and I just had a few questions about the package. My boyfriend and I are considering the package, but everyone else that has cruised before is telling us otherwise. Seeing that we are both in our early twenties, I believe that we will be consuming enough alcohol to make this purchase worth while. He's nervous about certain drinks not being included in this package. For example, there is a Patron Margarita for $9.50, and I believe this package covers the cost of a specialty drink of up to $10/12. However, the Patron is not on the list of approved liquors. Do you know if this drink would be considered "included" or not? Also, any tips on this package would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! (First time cruiser over here) :p

I found this post after doing some searching and I just had a few questions about the package. My boyfriend and I are considering the package, but everyone else that has cruised before is telling us otherwise. Seeing that we are both in our early twenties, I believe that we will be consuming enough alcohol to make this purchase worth while. He's nervous about certain drinks not being included in this package. For example, there is a Patron Margarita for $9.50, and I believe this package covers the cost of a specialty drink of up to $10/12. However, the Patron is not on the list of approved liquors. Do you know if this drink would be considered "included" or not? Also, any tips on this package would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I agree that the information on exactly what is included in the various packages is confusing.

What I would do is not purchase ahead of time. Wait until you are on the ship and ask the people on board your specific question. That way you know what they do on that ship, which oddly can be slightly different ship to ship.

The price of the package is the same whether you purchase ahead of time, or on board the ship.

Edited by clarea

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I agree that the information on exactly what is included in the various packages is confusing.

What I would do is not purchase ahead of time. Wait until you are on the ship and ask the people on board your specific question. That way you know what they do on that ship, which oddly can be slightly different ship to ship.

The price of the package is the same whether you purchase ahead of time, or on board the ship.

Good advice as always, Bob - but I'd actually approach that one a little differently. There are two documents on the website which clearly specify what is included in the package. The PDF brochure, which states that cocktails/mixed drinks up to and including $10 are included; and a FAQ which states that if you order a drink priced OVER $10 then you should only be charged the difference, not full price for the drink. If I want the package, I'll arrive onboard armed with printouts of both of those documents, and would hope that at most I might have to have one "discussion" onboard with those documents in hand to settle any differences of opinion on what drinks my package provides me.

We decided to skip the alcohol package on our 10 day and put the money towards a suite instead. My reasoning was 1) 650/pp 2) we had 4 port days on a 10 day cruise 3) minimal drinking on day 1 due to boarding time (but the price isn't discounted) 4) the suite gets us several hours access to the free honor bar daily 5) I couldn't drink enough daily to break even unless I died trying 6) out combined tab for alcohol and sundries on our last 7 day cruise was $450.

No brainier for us. We will buy the soda package as akways but buy drinks as wanted/needed. Might prebuy a few bottles of wine at most but now that we can bring a couple on board maybe not.

That would really annoy and frustrate me seeing as I've already tipped 15%

This is true until you go over the 47 to 48$ mark on drinks. Then every drink above this there is no tip. My guess is they are not getting 15% on each drink. A bartender explained it on Celebrity. They split this with bartenders and other servers.

• 1 month later...

We are planning on getting the Premium Drink package. However, my question is, how much will they charge my Seapass if I get a Coco Loco on Coco Cay? Will it just be a charge for the commemorative plastic cup? Or will they charge it the full price of the drink & cup?

Thank you in advance.

We are planning on getting the Premium Drink package. However, my question is, how much will they charge my Seapass if I get a Coco Loco on Coco Cay? Will it just be a charge for the commemorative plastic cup? Or will they charge it the full price of the drink & cup?

Thank you in advance.

I think they would charge the full cost if you get it from a server in the souvenir cup. BUT you can walk up to a bar and ask for it in a regular cup, then it will be no additional cost,

Can anyone tell me if spirits are included in the Premium drinks packages? My husband drinks mainly things like scotch whiskey, vodka, rum etc but the packages only appear to talk about cocktails, wines and juices etc......???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app