Premium Beverage Package

cicsman

I bought the premium package on the Freedom last month and it was well worth the money. They are still working out the kinks and sometimes you had to sign a slip but most of the time all I did was flash my card. As another post said the only issue was on CoCo Cay with the Coco Loco but that was no big deal. I had a drink of the day often and you just had to make sure you asked for one without the souvenir glass. Even the after dinner shooters were included (without the fancy glass). I never found a drink that was not included and many people bought the packages. I will buy it again every cruise.

Does anyone know if when you are on their private island in the Bahamas or Labadee if your drink package covers those drink too! Since you have to use your sea pass card anyways!

Yes it does except for the drinks served in the commemorative glasses. Just ask at the bar for those in a regular cup.

Just off the Oasis and the package was great. We never once had to sign a receipt. They did swipe the card so servers needed your card but no problem. Using it was as painless as the soda cards. No issues from the servers or bartenders not wanting to serve you with it either...they gave us wonderful service.

I read that all from one stateroom have to purchase the package. My DH doesn't drink due to health issues. Does that mean I can't buy the package? Does anyone know if they will make an exception with a doctor's note?

Yes, they will make an exception for medical reasons.

Just something to remember...the $55 premium price - that is discussed to infinity - already includes 15% gratuity.

With that information in our pocket, DH and I figured that $47.50-ish would definitely not be hard to reach with a few frozen girlie drinks and Grey Goose dirty martinis in the daily 'mix' on our sunny caribbean vacation enjoyment.

So...WE ARE IN! No second thoughts about if we should have another!

This is our first cruise and booked an interior cabin to save $$$. Gotta splurge somewhere!!!

DeeDee

10 days...but who's counting?!?!:)

Just something to remember...the $55 premium price - that is discussed to infinity - already includes 15% gratuity.

With that information in our pocket, DH and I figured that $47.50-ish would definitely not be hard to reach with a few frozen girlie drinks and Grey Goose dirty martinis in the daily 'mix' on our sunny caribbean vacation enjoyment.

This is our first cruise and booked an interior cabin to save $$$. Gotta splurge somewhere!!!

DeeDee

Ha ha, my kind of people! :D

Please report back on your experiences.

We found with the PI package we seemed to get begrudged treatment from the bartenders up until we tipped them out with cash on the 3rd day. I think it's a diminishing return thing with them, once you get over your $55 I believe they are making less and less on the tip percentage.

Not sure of that though.

We need a test case, one of you needs to drink like a fish and see if the service goes down as the daily tab goes up :rolleyes:

im curious if the bartender can see your tab to what you spent on drinks, seems to me that its bought and paid for they don't care? I have read many pages of these threads but not all of them as my question might of been answered.

We need a test case, one of you needs to drink like a fish and see if the service goes down as the daily tab goes up :rolleyes:

Ooh, ooh, pick me!!! :p Our group has all purchased the package for our upcoming cruise. I think we all plan to drink like fish. We were all planning to do a little up front tipping to be sure the service was good though but we can try different approaches among us :)

How much do the frozen/normal cocktails including the 15% tip cost at the moment?

If they cost around $10.30, ($9 + 15%), you would need to drink 5.3 cocktails a day. One at lunch, one before dinner, one during and a couple during the evening is not that much ...

We are drinkers and we talked about getting this package over and over again (even up until we were on board ordering our first drinks.) In the end, we were glad we did not get it. All total, our onboard bill for all 9 days was less than $750 (for everything, not just drinks) and just the package alone would have cost us $990. We had drinks when we wanted them and didn't feel pressured to drink more to get our moneys worth. I really think that the package would have tricked me into overindulging. At that price point, the package is just not for us.

DeeDee

Hi DeeDee,

We are cruising in 28 days and can't count the days fast enough:D We also purchased the Premium Beverage Package with no second thoughts. We also drink Grey Goose dirty martinis and plan to have 1 every night before dinner and maybe 1 after dinner:D

Enjoy your cruise

Paula

What is the 1-2-3 go package??

Sorry, I couldn't find the post you were referring to, but right now there is a 123 Go sale that Celebrity has on that if you purchase your cruise now (or take the prevailing rates on existing bookings) you get to pick 1 of three packages, one of which is a free classic drink package (which you can upgrade for $11.50 per person per day to the premium package).

We just returned from the Oasis. Six of us bought the package from the group of 15 adults in our group. I never felt that the bar staff thought less of us or provided less service. In fact when we wanted to drink something new, many of them were quick with suggestions. In the MDR our server was quick to figure out what we liked and would bring refills without us asking. Only at the end of dinner would he run our cards. The men in the group easily drank the minimum. It was a little more difficult for the women. What was nice was you knew the cost of your bar bill on day one - $770 for two people. If you wanted another drink or spilled one you just ordered another. If you didn't like a drink you asked for another. I never felt like I needed to keep drinking just to make my quota. I would most certainly purchase it again if I was traveling with a group.

Rccl in uk charging gratuities on top of price. Say gratuity not in price but at price quoted would mean exchange rate of $1.32ish!

I'll wait and pay on board using obc and take bank rate on cc. Even if pound continues to drop can't see it dropping that low. PDF on same page states clearly $ 55 inc grats. Uk customers again being shafted.

My husband and I just bought the premium package for our upcoming 6 night cruise in May. It cost £214.50 each, which is £35.75 per day. The price includes 15% gratuities, which means the exchange rate was $1.53 = £1.

ETA: Whoops! Came late to the party! Saw that your issues are fixed, and you made your purchase.

Edited by gingerpeaches
My bad!

I would still get it again on future cruises. I ordered drinks I might not have normally tried, I wasn't afraid to dump them out if they weren't to my liking, and I wasn't surprised with a big beverage bill at the end of the cruise. To each their own I guess.

Dan.

Good point.

Does your end of the cruise account show all of the bar bills? have to make a decision in the next 24 hours if I want to purchase the premium package. Probably drink 5 or 6 drinks per day ranging from beer to wine to grey goose. Not sure if it would be worth it or just breaking even.......Decisions, Decisions......:confused:

Does your end of the cruise account show all of the bar bills? have to make a decision in the next 24 hours if I want to purchase the premium package. Probably drink 5 or 6 drinks per day ranging from beer to wine to grey goose. Not sure if it would be worth it or just breaking even.......Decisions, Decisions......:confused:

Nope ( or at least it didn't in November!) ...

all it will show is the bill for the packages themselves .. each individual drink tab won't show up ... but like many other posters say .. a glass or two of wine at dinner .. the odd beer by the pool, or devour a few frozen mudslides and you'll soon be getting your monies worth!

my tip ... a great drink - chocolate martini .. made with clear white creme de cacau for the best drink .. looks llike choclate milk made otherwise but equally as good tasting!

if you eat in chops etc ... and you fancy a speciality coffee then just get them to bring you normal coffee and get the spirit on your package hence saving you another $10+ lol

enjoy all the same .. you needn't seem to be a tipsy drunk by having one to make it worth your while ... most cocktails will be $10+ so it's fun to try a few of them everyday ... that's what we did!

im curious if the bartender can see your tab to what you spent on drinks, seems to me that its bought and paid for they don't care? I have read many pages of these threads but not all of them as my question might of been answered.

Just off the VOS after a 14 nighter, got the PI package $1540 for 2, after first day bartenders who knew me didnt bother swiping the card! Only new bartenders asked for the card but once they knew your face no card needed,they have no idea of your spend or drink amount,you will be cut off on visual drunkenness same as without the drinks package

We decided on day four to cancel the package for 2 reasons,1 we couldnt remember the first 4 days :D 2 the cocktails were rubbish! every one being made with pre mixed juice/mixers:mad: Not one bartender could mix a cocktail without fist reading RCI instruction manual lol basically the cocktails are frozen cocktails and the non frozen cocktails are the same frozen cocktail mix without crushed ice! Mojito,s and Margareta,s tasted like buffet lemonade with a splash of alcohol,yuk!

Den