Premium Beverage Package

cicsman

Was this with RCI AU? or did you use a USA Travel agent for the initial cruise booking?

Are you saying that the price shown just before you commit to purchase is not the price you paid on your credit card? and you paid a lesser amount than shown?

This is what my booking log on says as of right now!

"The cost of a alcohol package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of *53.35 AUD for Adults.

Package Price for your 14 night cruise:

Adult: *746.90 AUD"

(Please note the * asterisk next to prices above)

Below is my payment Due as per RCI Australia

:Subtotal: *1,493.80 AUD (= 2x $746.90)

Gratuity: *224.08 AUD

Total: *1,717.88 AUD (= 2x $858.94)

$858.94 divided by 14 night cruise = $61.31 AU per day pp which in turn equals $62.75 US per day per person.

So you purchased under same booking as above but actually only got charged $52.85 AU pp per day? or the lower amount to your credit card?

Den

I booked through a German TA.

Have done so for my last 3 cruises.

TA's in Australia cannot match their prices...we have asked numerous Australian TA's who cannot get anywhere near their prices

I booked through a German TA.

Have done so for my last 3 cruises.

TA's in Australia cannot match their prices...we have asked numerous Australian TA's who cannot get anywhere near their prices

Thanks I thought so!

RCI Australia and RCI UK are still charging the double 15% in their price?

In Australia it has been that way for weeks in UK about a week RCI USA fixed the problem immediately :rolleyes: why cant they fix the problem as quick for us?

I wonder how many will buy the package on line UK and Aust without doing the Math first? I would say quite a few and I cant see RCI giving a quick easy refund of the 15% either!

I think it because Aussies and Poms drink too much lol

Den

I think I'm sold on the package. I do really wish it included specialty coffee like Celebrity (I LOVE my coffee). But even if we don't come close to the 6+ drinks per day on our cruise I know we will enjoy not having to worry about a running bar tab and just being able to try whatever we want.

Regular coffee is free on the ship, and available 24 hours. Specialty coffee (latte, cappuccino, etc.) is extra cost, and is not included in any drink package.

Your response is misleading.........

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

I apologize, I was not aware of those packages. Can you provide a link to those descriptions?

Edited by clarea

Wanna b a Pirate :)

I think the package stated above is for Celebrity not RCCL. Of course, I am hoping I am wrong. :)

I think the package stated above is for Celebrity not RCCL. Of course, I am hoping I am wrong. :)

It sure looks like Celebrity, but it could be something new from Royal. That's why I wanted to see the URL.

That is Celebrity's package, so the response you received is not misleading in the least. You are on the RCI boards you know. Their package, sadly, is quite different.

Definitely celebrity packages.

Royal does not include canned drinks, juices or speciality coffees.

I think there has been a definite problem with their website. My brother is on Serenade next month and when he booked at the weekend he was charged the price of 55 Dollars a day converted to Pounds, but then he was charged the 15% for the grats.

He queried it yesterday and they admitted it was a glitch. They got back to him today and have said it is fixed. He cancelled and has rebooked and now it is just the right price and no additional grats, so all fixed. Only beef is he has to wait for the refund on the cancellation for a week, but at least it i s sorted.

They told him it was only certain ships and sailings where it had been happening. I suggest anyone in UK who has the same problem emails the people my brother did.

guestsupport.uk@rccl.com

I think there has been a definite problem with their website. My brother is on Serenade next month and when he booked at the weekend he was charged the price of 55 Dollars a day converted to Pounds, but then he was charged the 15% for the grats.

He queried it yesterday and they admitted it was a glitch. They got back to him today and have said it is fixed. He cancelled and has rebooked and now it is just the right price and no additional grats, so all fixed. Only beef is he has to wait for the refund on the cancellation for a week, but at least it i s sorted.

They told him it was only certain ships and sailings where it had been happening. I suggest anyone in UK who has the same problem emails the people my brother did.

guestsupport.uk@rccl.com

Thanks for this

Site been out of action all day. I thought that maybe they were fixing it but no Still showing extra gratuities on my countdown. Will have to try emailing AGAIN!

Thanks for this

Site been out of action all day. I thought that maybe they were fixing it but no Still showing extra gratuities on my countdown. Will have to try emailing AGAIN!

So are you saying you have already booked it and paid the gratuity? If so, I think you may need to cancel and re-book as they told my brother they could not just adjust the amount paid over and above and refund that difference!

So are you saying you have already booked it and paid the gratuity? If so, I think you may need to cancel and re-book as they told my brother they could not just adjust the amount paid over and above and refund that difference!

No sorry if I wasn't clear. I haven't booked yet because of extra grats. Wasnt prepared to pay twice. Was going to wait and pay on board but if grats are removed will probably book online. Thanks for your advice though I'm sure some may have got caught out.

I apologize, I was not aware of those packages. Can you provide a link to those descriptions?

Apology not required. My bad.......This was from Celebrity. Too bad Royal can't mirror the Celebity drink packages.

I am debating the premium package; however I don't know what the house wines are and I like wine more than alcoholic drinks; ie. I'd drink a mimosa, some champagne, maybe a couple gin and tonics; but mostly wine.

When buying the wine package and they bring the wine bottle to the table (so I dont have to keep waiting for someone to pour me a glass) inevitably someone eyes it ( I go with a group) and of course I have to be polite and offer a glass. Not a cheapskate, but I can't afford to spread the wine around you know! I liked the wine package because (last time) they had some decent wines on it.

Having said that, if I buy the premium ALCOHOL (not wine) package, what ARE the house wines; anyone know? I hear they are not good, but I don't know the names. Thought I'd buy a bottle or two and test them out before commitment.

A bottle on the WINE package is $ 27,29,30 depending on how many nights and which package, 5, 7, 10...So I could essentially go through 2 bottles a day if I have champagne and red (I will take some back to room for before dinner etc drinks) If I do that I might as well pay $55 for the premium package..

BUT I will go crazy if I am spending 9 nights with cheap red wine!!:mad:

Thanks for any info!!!

Edited by moneyburns
cant type!

I am debating the premium package; however I don't know what the house wines are and I like wine more than alcoholic drinks; ie. I'd drink a mimosa, some champagne, maybe a couple gin and tonics; but mostly wine.

When buying the wine package and they bring the wine bottle to the table (so I dont have to keep waiting for someone to pour me a glass) inevitably someone eyes it ( I go with a group) and of course I have to be polite and offer a glass. Not a cheapskate, but I can't afford to spread the wine around you know! I liked the wine package because (last time) they had some decent wines on it.

Having said that, if I buy the premium ALCOHOL (not wine) package, what ARE the house wines; anyone know? I hear they are not good, but I don't know the names. Thought I'd buy a bottle or two and test them out before commitment.

A bottle on the WINE package is $ 27,29,30 depending on how many nights and which package, 5, 7, 10...So I could essentially go through 2 bottles a day if I have champagne and red (I will take some back to room for before dinner etc drinks) If I do that I might as well pay $55 for the premium package..

BUT I will go crazy if I am spending 9 nights with cheap red wine!!:mad:

Thanks for any info!!!

Royal is not specifying what the house wines are. I think they want the flexibilty to serve whatever they want. It would be very simple (like Celebrity) to specify all wines by the glass up to some fixed value, but they are choosing not to do it that way.

:(

:confused:Not fixed yet!

If I were you, I would email the UK office at the address I gave earlier and give them your specific details as they think it is fixed and it is obviously not!!!! :eek:

Royal is not specifying what the house wines are. I think they want the flexibilty to serve whatever they want. It would be very simple (like Celebrity) to specify all wines by the glass up to some fixed value, but they are choosing not to do it that way.

Well that is just crazy. I am not taking a chance on a 9 day cruise that the ONE thing I love is crap. I can give up liquor but I want my "bubbly" and wine, so guess I will go with the wine package..

Anyhow for 5 days we will be in port off on excursions, so I would not even use the drink package til after 5pm! Labadee - can I get a bottle of champagne for the cabanna I was lucky to snag on Nellies - anyone know about that?

I think it is wiser for me to space my drinks out during the day when at sea and stick with wine, ...even though it looks like they even changed the Platinum wine to just average anyway. Don't understand their logic, but hey, I am not in the biz.