Premium Beverage Package

cicsman

We are definitely leaning towards doing the premium package. We will be on Freedom (Eastern) in May, and with all the ship days, I definitely think we'll come out ahead. I'd like a few drinks while sitting by the pool. I like a cocktail at 5pm while getting ready for the evening. I like a few drinks with dinner. Definitely a few drinks at the shows...wow, this is looking better and better! As others have said, spread out and intermingled with food of course. But will be nice to relax, order what I want when I want it, and not worry about what my account will look like in the morning ;)

I read that you can only purchase ONE drink at a time... how strict are they with this rule? I'm just thinking that between my husband and I, we would jointly share the responsibility of getting drinks. I may go to the bar once and get a cocktail and him a beer (2 drinks).... then the next time, he would go and get 2 drinks (his beer and my cocktail) and vice versa.... That way someone could be sitting with our stuff if we were at the pool or in another area of the ship.

When I cruise on the Allure back in November, my roommate and I both had the package. We would take turns getting drinks for each other. We just needed both of our sea pass cards to order two drinks.

There were also groups that would collect everyones sea pass cards to get a round of drinks.

Not with the package. Only 1 drink per seapass at a time.

I have been wondering about this too. I would like to take a couple of beers back to my cabin. Can i stand at the bar with my cooler and go "1 beer please", put it in the cooler and ask the same question 4 times?

I have been wondering about this too. I would like to take a couple of beers back to my cabin. Can i stand at the bar with my cooler and go "1 beer please", put it in the cooler and ask the same question 4 times?

We will go to all the bars ;)......... We will then have a good collection!:D

.. I think the cost was about $55.00 per day and at that price you would have to drink 10 drinks a day just to make it worth while...

Actually that's not true; Pina Coladas & other fancy cocktails are quite a bit more...if you only drink domestic beer it likely isn't worth it. But if you like fancy drinks they add up fast!

Edited by KKB

I am going on Explorer in April and am going to get the drink package.Does any one know if they give you a receipt?id like to add up after to see how we did.Thanks

Yes, they do sqipe your card for every alcoholic drink, however the receipt is for zero - so there would be no way to know how much each drink was costing you, and how you did at the end; you can ask for each receipt also, if you really want and add up the drink prices yourself from the drinks lists, etc.

You can also ask for the receipt if you want to add an extra tip for a bartender who has taken good care of you, in the event you don't have a few $1s on you.

This is also how they track how the package is being used, and keep an eye out for sharing of a package; ie: if you order 3 or 4 different drinks within a 5 minute window or the like, they will notice and check it out.

Enjoy - we found the package worth it, both for the ease and for the $$ value.

Actually that's not true; Pina Coladas & other fancy cocktails are quite a bit more...if you only drink domestic beer it likely isn't worth it. But if you like fancy drinks they add up fast!

Quick analysis on the premium package ex the 15% Gratutity

Break Even

Avg Cost # Drinks

Per Drink Per Day

$6.75 7.1

$7.00 6.8

$7.50 6.4

$8.00 6.0

$9.00 5.3

$9.50 5.0

$10.00 4.8

I just read that both packages read "Beers up to $7" then beers at Quill and Compass are $7.50. I thought the premium package covered ALL beers...?????

Wish we could obtain accurate info. Those who wrote the above were on the actual ship...

We reserved a cabana on Labadee and was wondering if the server who is assigned to us will be charging for drinks? I'm not sure if a.) the package even applies to our time on the island or if b.) we would we have to go to one of the bars to get a 'package drink'?

Thanks!

One must pay for one's drinks, even in a cabana.

But yes, your Premium Drinks Package would cover those drinks.

You should tip your cabana server generously, though, as s/he won't share in the pooled tips from the ship.

One must pay for one's drinks, even in a cabana.

But yes, your Premium Drinks Package would cover those drinks.

You should tip your cabana server generously, though, as s/he won't share in the pooled tips from the ship.[/quote]

Is this tip part true ?:confused:

I still had a couple questions about the premium beverage package as I keep going back and forth and we are just 7 days til cruise time!! My wife and I's drink bill is typically around $400 for a 7 day cruise, so on the face of it the $770 cost doesn't pay for itself. But we also get turned off by the high bar prices and skip that last drink a lot, as well as never drinking at breakfast or dinner. So I think we could come close to breaking even and have a very fun open atmosphere.

I've seen that all frozen drinks are included, is this all drinks in the menu, or all drinks made entirely of alcohols that are on the included spirits list? As an example would the $10.50 Ultimate Cosmopolitan be included, and the $12.50 Grey Goose and Red Bull be included, but the $10 Patron Ultimate Margarita be excluded even though it is cheaper, because it has Patron in it?

We do a lot of frozen drinks in that $9-11 range, which is why it's very important if all most or none of those are included it would completely change whether we purchased or not. Below are a few of the most common drinks we drink which I think all but possibly the patron margarita are included, please correct me if I am wrong.

1) Mimosa

2) Patron Ultimate Margarita

3) Cosmos

4) Red Bull and Grey Goose

5) Various other frozen drinks in the $9-11 range

Thanks!!

I just talked to a fellow worker who returned from a cruise on the FOS about a week or so ago. They did buy the Premium Beverage Package and had the following comments:

The most common problem they had was with the drinks that were sold in the souvenir glasses. For example on the beach at CocoKey. They needed to go to the bar and get the drinks in a different cup. They said, and I agree, it was not a big issue.

They never had a problem with what they ordered. A few times during the first of the week they would ask for items not included, but they said very quickly they figured it out, and did not feel they were missing out on anything.

One of the biggest benefits they said is they never thought twice about ordering a drink. They tried many different things and found new drinks they liked alot, and some no too much. The other benefit they said is not looking at their tab every night. They said in the past many times they passed on having a drink with dinner, or at night thinking about the cost of the drinks.

The other benefit was they enjoyed many more non-alcoholic drinks during the day. She said pool side she alternated between alcoholic and non-alcoholic during the days at sea.

I asked did they feel they made out, or would have been better off putting the $770 in their account at the beginning of the cruise. They said it was impossible to say. They ordered more drinks then they would have normally.

Bottom line they said, it made the cruise much more enjoyable. In the past they kept looking at their room bill, and felling guilty about ordering a drink. This trip they sat back and really enjoyed it. They will do it again.

My hubby and were excited to hear RC was offering the package. But when we compare it to the same on Celebrity we were disappointed. We enjoy 1-2 specialty coffees and the bottled/flavored waters which were included in the celebrity package. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the package again if those items were included. But when we sail on the AOS in November we booked a suite and the concierge 5-8 drinks which are included will cover quite a few of our usual cocktails - so, all in all we are still on the fence. :)