Bringing Beer On board?

I've seen lots of threads about bringing water and soda on board. End of story is that policy says no but not enforced. We sailed Princess Cruise Lines a couple of years ago and although their policy said the same thing for water, soda, and beer we had no problem openly bringing in a case of 24 cans of MGD. Can we tape a luggage tag on 24 cans of MGD and have it get through?

I've seen lots of threads about bringing water and soda on board. End of story is that policy says no but not enforced. We sailed Princess Cruise Lines a couple of years ago and although their policy said the same thing for water, soda, and beer we had no problem openly bringing in a case of 24 cans of MGD. Can we tape a luggage tag on 24 cans of MGD and have it get through?

RCI per policy allows you two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom only with regard to booze. Your MGD will be held for you and returned at the end of your cruise in all likelihood.

Why beat up on Royal? There aren't too many business that would allow you to bring in a case of beer.

Sure there are some places, hotels, NASCAR, but you can't bring a case of beer into a football game. It's their house, not yours, they make the rules. It doesn't matter why.

Why beat up on Royal? There aren't too many business that would allow you to bring in a case of beer.

Sure there are some places, hotels, NASCAR, but you can't bring a case of beer into a football game. It's their house, not yours, they make the rules. It doesn't matter why.

Most EVERY hotel lets you bring in booze, which is a good comparison to a cruise ship. Comparing a cruise ship to a football game is a lame and poor analogy.:rolleyes: It does matter why to some degree when the cruiseline and cheerleaders pass it along as a liability issue when it's obviously about profits. Yeah it's "their house" and I choose to cruise with them but I also recognize their main motive on booze is PROFIT, not liability or any other excuse.

Most EVERY hotel lets you bring in booze, which is a good comparison to a cruise ship. Comparing a cruise ship to a football game is a lame and poor analogy.:rolleyes: It does matter why to some degree when the cruiseline and cheerleaders pass it along as a liability issue when it's obviously about profits. Yeah it's "their house" and I choose to cruise with them but I also recognize their main motive on booze is PROFIT, not liability or any other excuse.

If all you wanted to do was a lame response :rolleyes: why use my quote?

A. I didn't say SOME hotels.

B. "There aren't too many business that would allow you to bring in a case of beer." My main point.

C. A cruise ship is very similar to all the hotels that sit on a mile of water.

D. I was not comparing, or cheer leading.

E. I said INTO a football game, they let you bring as many cases as you want into their parking lots. Which is why I mentioned NASCAR, some tracks let you bring in beer.

F. I don't remember mentioning Liability or Profit?

G. Oh never mind; all these big bad corporations are out to get us. Imagine making a profit and staying in business!

Sorry but you twisted my post and touched all the wrong buttons. By the way I agree with what you said in principle, if that's the perspective you view RCCL.

Good luck with that. We love Royal Caribbean, but welcome to the cruise line that wants to make sure you buy your booze from them to maximize profits. Oops, the cheerleaders will say it's all about liability or some such thing........:rolleyes:

No worse than the smugglers saying they don't do it to save money. ;) If Royal Caribbean is making a profit, they're less likely to raise cruising prices. I'm OK with that.

Archived