BOA Royal Caribbean Visa Changed my Account Numbers

TheMiz

I use our card only when making final payment and checking in at the pier. Guess I will continue to do this as so far we have been very lucky.

Almost looks like it's pinpointing those in Ohio, NJ and now PA.

Pretty much the same with me Patti, we used it before we got on the Enchantment to make final on 3 cruises ( to get Triple points before Feb 5th ) and used it to pay about $3400 in property taxes that was all for that billing period. I am thinking it maybe more wide spread.

I use our card only when making final so payment and checking in at the pier. Guess I will continue to do this as so far we have been very lucky.

Almost looks like it's pinpointing those in Ohio, NJ and now PA.

Patti, I have a question for you, or anybody that might know:

We only have the Royal Visa card with BOA, Not a checking or savings account with them. I went on line to check how to redeem points (we are getting close to a free cruise). They want a BOA account number to create a sign on and password. I tried but I was not able to (unfortunately not very computer savvy :().

You are always so kind and helpful, maybe you can help me. I was going to call customer service but haven't gotten around to it yet. The last time I redeemed points was under the old system so I had no trouble then.

Thanks so much!:):):)

We only have the Royal Visa card with BOA, Not a checking or savings account with them. I went on line to check how to redeem points (we are getting close to a free cruise). They want a BOA account number to create a sign on and password. I tried but I was not able to (unfortunately not very computer savvy :().

You are always so kind and helpful, maybe you can help me. I was going to call customer service but haven't gotten around to it yet. The last time I redeemed points was under the old system so I had no trouble then.

You should only need an online account for your BoA Visa

you just need to set one up create a user id and password and you should be able to take care of the rest from this site:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/page?eid=8E458F30

Prior to redeeming points electronically, did you sign into BofA to check your credit card activity? If so you needed a User ID, password and Site Key recognition. You will use this same User ID, password and Site Key recognition when you log in to this link on the RCI website RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline.

We only have a credit card through BofA and that's how I gain access into our account when I want to check activity.

I just got off the phone with BofA about my account number being changed.

They confirmed that a 3rd party merchant had their system compromised, so BofA is being proactive by changing account numbers to hopefully avoid fraudulant charges in the future. They said current card will still work until I receive & activate the new card. Process should be seemless & everything else should remain the same. If you have any invoices automatically charging to the Visa, that you will have to contact them with the new card info.

You should only need an online account for your BoA Visa

you just need to set one up create a user id and password and you should be able to take care of the rest from this site:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/page?eid=8E458F30

Prior to redeeming points electronically, did you sign into BofA to check your credit card activity? If so you needed a User ID, password and Site Key recognition. You will use this same User ID, password and Site Key recognition when you log in to this link on the RCI website RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline.

We only have a credit card through BofA and that's how I gain access into our account when I want to check activity.

Thank you so much the Miz and Patti !!!! :):):)

I tried to to sign into BofA, shortly after we got the card, to create a password etc., but I was not able to do so :mad: and I just gave up. I would love to keep track of all the charges and activity more often. Now that I know it can be done, I'll keep trying until I get it!

Thank you so much the Miz and Patti !!!! :):):)

I tried to to sign into BofA, shortly after we got the card, to create a password etc., but I was not able to do so :mad: and I just gave up. I would love to keep track of all the charges and activity more often. Now that I know it can be done, I'll keep trying until I get it!

Maria, it shouldn't be that difficult if "I" can do it.:D Keep trying, as I know you can do it. It just takes a little patience.

You can always call the number on the back of your credit card and ask one of the reps for help.

Pretty much the same with me Patti, we used it before we got on the Enchantment to make final on 3 cruises ( to get Triple points before Feb 5th ) and used it to pay about $3400 in property taxes that was all for that billing period. I am thinking it maybe more wide spread.

I'm in MA and our card was replaced about a month ago. We use it everything possible to rack the RCCL points, but I also monitor it closely online daily (just ask DH when he buys something on PayPal), so I noticed the account was actually removed from my profile when they were in the process of changing the compromised number for the new number, and I called in to see what the issue was.

Any outstanding charges were transferred from the old account to the new account.

I just got off the phone with BofA about my account number being changed.

They confirmed that a 3rd party merchant had their system compromised, so BofA is being proactive by changing account numbers to hopefully avoid fraudulant charges in the future. They said current card will still work until I receive & activate the new card. Process should be seemless & everything else should remain the same. If you have any invoices automatically charging to the Visa, that you will have to contact them with the new card info.

Another oHIoian wonder if it is something in this area.

It happened to us, believe it or not, as we were driving to Charleston, SC to go on a Carnival cruise. We stopped for gas and could not pay with our card. It is our only credit card. Luckily we had cash, but I was immediately got on the phone with them.

They told me that our card was compromised and went on to say that a card was in the mail. Of course that would not work for us, so they set the account back up for the cruise. We were so nervous when we tried to use it for the first time.

New BA card but not the RC card. I do believe that we can expect this more often than we like. I would hate to be on a long travel experience and they give me a new card. That is why I keep multiple cards available to me when we travel.

Well I'm in FL and got an email about 2 weeks ago and already got the new cards. It happened a few days after I requested an increased credit limit so I thought that triggered it. Since I pay off the bill every month I thought maybe BOA was trying to discourage me from using the card- glad I came across this discussion. I also moved automatic payments off the card.

Twice, once about a year ago we just got new cards in the mail. Last month we had a fraudulent charge for software in the Netherlands, new cards issued again.

They seem to have a problem with security. I hate BofA on principle from past dealings and screw-ups but unfortunately they carry the RCCL card.

Archived