Just booked our first suite!!

crosj

Dawn Nov 7 2014 out of Boston to New Orleans-booked sf 9232 (thanks everyone for steering us away from Deck 8). We are wait listed for any sf on Deck 10. Can't wait!

Other then being spoiled-what else can we expect? Normally we book aft facing balconies but bite the bullet and gobbled up the suite (all B1's are already booked). I never want to get off the ship at the end but they may have to take me off screaming and shouting.

Thanks

You will have a great time! You are already miles ahead because you are on cruise critic. Just educate yourself on what the perks are beforehand so that you know about them going in. I think (rarely) some butlers will steer you towards Cagney's for breakfast etc and it just helps to know ahead of time what the suites offer. We have been really lucky and have always had good all the way to outstanding butlers...my brother and dad did not on one cruise but this seemed to be the exception.

The only other thing to say is that there will be no going back! Some people do it, but I don't think I could sail in anything less on NCL-the suites are awesome and it will just be a fabulous vacation for you!

Have a great time!

We had a suite for the first time on our Jan. Star cruise and LOVED it!!! We booked another suite for our next also!!! I had heard that you may never go back after experiencing a suite and it may be true in our case too. We have sailed aft balconies twice and those aft suites are coveted.

I have to say that I researched the amenities before hand but will be much better prepared next time to take advantage of them. We now know what evening snacks that we will request be delivered, we will order breakfast in our suite a couple of times, and maybe even a romantic dinner from a specialty restaurant in our suite one evening. ;) Maybe even a couple of bottles of alcohol for our room. This next cruise will be a relaxing cruise for us and we will enjoy the room itself more.

Enjoy your suite!

I think after my 4th cruise i think I'll change my Name to suite Joe,

The Butler well he will bring you Canapes every afternoon, he unpack for you if so desire( My wife didn't use it ...but I did:D) he will bring breakfast lunch and dinner from where you want if you order from a specialty restaurant there still is a surcharge but when ordering order as much as you like order two steaks and other things than having him go back for more it will just cost you again so order once but order more he will bring fresh fruit and in the coffeee machine tell him to bring you just the coffees you like also take everything out of the frig unless you want to pay for it there r certain things you get for free with the frig in higher suites owners and DOS's you get unlimited water soda and juice P.S. there is also a portable phone you can take with you all over the ship to call concierge,butler ,spouse, friend but you cannot take off the ship wont work

See ya

And have a great time

Next up Gem in a DOS:D

that is an amazing menu! Cruises always spoil us but this one is going to send us over the top. And to top it off we will spend an extra 2 days in New Orleans before coming home. OMG-I keep telling myself-one cruise at a time, one cruise at a time.... LOL

Having that great coffee machine is just the icing on the cake-I am a lover of good coffee.

We are sailing in our first suite also this year DOS on the Gem. Heard nobody does the suite life like NCL. So when it came time to do this from my list wouldn't do any other line. Having NCL as a homeport line helped. Only second NCL but who knows they may be going where I want to go in the future. If we enjoy this will look further into NCL sailings.

Thanks all CC posters you are great with all the answers.

When are the pictures from? Please tell me they are recent! :eek: I see the Ahi Tuna Burger listed and it wasn't on my last two cruises.....it was Swordfish! Oh, I hope it's back! :o

Looks like they are from 9/2011 so they are not recent. Sorry if I got your hopes up

Archived