Connecting Cabins on Reflection

slp123

Has anyone had a connecting cabin on Reflection to which they were not connecting? If so, were you able to hear noise, voices etc. coming from the connecting cabin?

Unrelated, could an experienced cruise critic user tell me why my thread headlines always end up being regular type, but most other threads have bold titles? I know you can't use HTML markup language in the title as I believe it is a plain text field only.

We went on the solstice (another S class ship), the connecting cabins have a second set of doors in the hallway creating a mini foyer,that enable them to connect, only if the

"connecting " feature is being used on that cruise. otherwise they are just the same as any two separate cabins next to each other. I would not worry about any additional noise ect... Have a Great cruise :D

We went on the solstice (another S class ship), the connecting cabins have a second set of doors in the hallway creating a mini foyer,that enable them to connect, only if the

"connecting " feature is being used on that cruise. otherwise they are just the same as any two separate cabins next to each other. I would not worry about any additional noise ect... Have a Great cruise :D

I believe Reflection is set up differently. Anyone know?

Reflection is different. The connecting cabins are not set up the same way as on the other S-class ships.

Also, suggest you put your other inquiry into its own thread, as it will probably get lost here.

Thank you for the suggestion.

We had a connecting cabin (9276) on our Nov. 2012 cruise on Reflection and never heard a sound from next door. The connecting door in our cabin was directly across from the bathroom door and did not take up any usable space. We have, however, heard noise from cabins next door when they were not connecting. A lot depends on your "neighbors". Slamming doors seem to be the biggest noise nuisance for me and we've heard that on every ship and every cruise line we've sailed.

Smoking is forbidden inside the ship on Celebrity. If you smell smoke, please report it immediately to Guest Relations (not the room steward) or call Security.

Yes I agree - Cigar smokers do it do it - One complains - They say sorry - Warning issued - All okay - The stink remains!

The next Guest in the smokers cabin has to suffer!

Be persistent. There is a $250 cleaning fee that will be assessed if there is evidence of someone smoking a cigar in their stateroom.

On Celebrity this is nearly unheard of.

Totally agree - In an ideal World - But one has experinced walking into a Cigar infested stateroom - The bed linen, curtains, walls, carpets stunk.

X did deep clean but still the smell lingered and lingered

But I do thank you for your supprt - appreciated

But as you say this was a one off!

On a personal note only, I will look to avoid connectings every time, as I find the existance of another door inside ones stateroom anoying. Therefore, Reflection is off the Menu with connecting staterooms.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

A non-connecting same class veranda cabin opened up just 5 cabins from my originally booked cabin . . . I called Celebrity and made the switch in 2 minutes . . . once I got the agent to understand that I had a current, real-time cabin availability chart in front of me and he was only looking at all the open aft cabins when there was an open mid-ship cabin.

Archived