Reflection help! CC Hump or AQ GTY?

rousekouch

I am excited about my upcoming cruise on the Reflection, but I have a dilemma!

Right now I am in Concierge Class Room 1634, which is on the hump and now I have the opportunity to upgrade to Aqua Class Guaranteed, for free. :)

Would you switch from the hump to the AQ Class GTY?

Thanks for your advice.

R

To me this boils down to one thing: Blu vs. the bigger balcony. The other perks that come with AQ and CC are more or less the same (AQ also has bottled water and a special showerhead, that's about it). We had a larger balcony on our Equinox cruise and it was great having the extra space, but we'd probably take the free upgrade just to try out Blu since we've never sailed AQ before. You'll have to decide which is the bigger perk for you!

One possibility to keep in mind. There is always an outside chance a AQ gty could bump you to a suite.

We've done OV gtys and bumped to Balcony. Most recently suite gty which we expected a Sky suite, wound up all the way up to a Royal. Not even a Celebrity suite.

One possibility to keep in mind. There is always an outside chance a AQ gty could bump you to a suite.

We've done OV gtys and bumped to Balcony. Most recently suite gty which we expected a Sky suite, wound up all the way up to a Royal. Not even a Celebrity suite.

Now THAT would be an upgrade! :D

One other issue I forgot to mention in my first post is cabin location. IMO, many of the AQ cabins are pretty undesirable due to the fact that they're underneath areas that could get loud, such as the buffet, gym, pool deck, etc. Personally, I'd be hesitant to book a guarantee for that reason.

Unless you are dying to try Blu, I would keep a CC hump cabin. Great location, great balcony. Location means alot to me when all else is pretty equal. I would love to try Blu, but not sure I would risk a less desirable room location. And while the upgrade fairy can strike, when one accepts a guarantee, one must be prepared to be satisfied with the worst room in that category. Being upgraded to a Royal Suite is the stuff dreams are made of, and like dreams they may happen once in a lifetime (if at all). Never take a guarantee expecting anything beyond what you booked - you may get very lucky, but then again you will more likely get one of the worst rooms in that category.

1634 is in an excellent location on the ship. They are only C1's because someone screwed up and didn't fit them with the AQ shower. It's got the huge balcony.

I guess it comes down to how badly you want to eat in Blu. If it's just a 7-day cruise, port intensive, I might go for the AQ GTY as you wouldn't have that much time to enjoy the big balcony. BTW, what are you going to do with all that space on the balcony? Do you have friends sailing with you to share cocktails out there. You can get 6 people on those huge balconies and not feel crowded.

I would stick with the CC 1634 with the big balcony.

We just came back on Reflection and Blu was overcrowded and service suffered. Too many passengers eligible for Blu due to increase in number of AQ cabins. Blu was not like that on the other S class ships.

The AQ guarantee may get you an alarm clock at 6 am every morning --when the fitness center opens above you. That is a possibility and are you a gambler?.

Thanks everyone for your input. I think that I will stick with CC 1634.

I am afraid of a bad location and bad view.

Related, my TA said that she could get me a deal on a Suite GTY... What about that?

If you have to pay extra for that Suite GTY, it may be just like the AQ GTY -- bad location. You could be under the aft end of the ship or the buffet area and lots of noise of moving chairs/rolling carts, etc.

I would stick with 1634.

It is true that there would be a gamble especially if you were under the treadmills. At the same time, Blu in my opinion is worth it.

I would also consider the Persian Garden, that while not Persian and not a Garden is a wonderful place to relax if you were the type that likes steam rooms, etc.

Right now I am in Concierge Class Room 1634, which is on the hump and now I have the opportunity to upgrade to Aqua Class Guaranteed, for free. :)

Thanks for your advice.

R

What's the date of your cruise? I'll try to help you decide on the suite. . .;) by seeing what's left

I see you are new to CC, welcome!

Are you new to cruising too? We tend to spend very little time on our balcony, but we do have a C2 hump booked on Reflection in Nov for the larger balcony. Friends going, booked OV. I have not checked to see if you are on the 'angle' of the hump, but for the same $$ to get an Aqua, go for it. We are always out of the cabin by 7'ish for morning coffee. You can sleep at home :D

Do not worry about all this location is bad talk, your on a 16 story tall floating restaurant!

I have never been bothered by being under the buffet, etc. DH and I are pretty easy going and I like to be up early when no one else is. He'll stay in bed so I'll get up and walk around and then go to the coffee shop and get us coffees and wake him up with that. Then it's off to the buffet...unless I stopped there ahead of time :) and will go for 'seconds' or just to sit when he goes.

We had a chance at a hump cabin too....I'm a bit conflicted but we have always been happy with a regular balcony and DH really wanted Aqua so that he would have the Persian Gardens and steam room so - we got Aqua.

If you do a gty either suite or AQ once assigned you cabin, if there are other cabins available within the category still available, you could have your TA move you.

In other words, if you are booked into an AQ cabin you don't like and there are other AQs you would prefer, once assigned your TA can move you

Same goes on the suite, Assigned a sky suite you don't like and there are still others available your ta could grab one of those other ss

Thanks for your advice.

R

Which did you decide on?

• 4 months later...

Archived