Just Back Home from Cruising on the Destiny

Every reply on this thread made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants....:D

A some point the scale she is using is not working properly ! If it is then man I am booking myself on the Destiny for 3 weeks continuously ! :p

I get it, maybe it was Destiny that she chose this cruise and lost the 15 pounds.

LOL

Unfortunatley someone found those 15 pounds.......

:)

I am sorry that you had a bad time on the cruise. You are the second person that I have heard complain about the noise this month. I think that may have something to do with school being out and a lot of children on the ship. We will be sailing next month on the aft of the ship so the hallway should be quiet back there. As far as the food goes you are the first person that I have heard complain about the quality of the meals, but we each have our own tastes.

I wish you good luck in your future vacations.

While I do agree this seems extremely exaggerated let me say this...I have weighed myself from one day to the next and seen a 5 lb difference...That is exactly why you aren't supposed to weigh every day...That being said 15 lbs (ok even 10) sign me up...She obviously doesn't drink <VBG>

I have noticed that too!

Re: unhappy sailors

Me too. I have spent the evening reading all these posts about what terrible vacations people have had. I never have a bad time on vacation. It may not be exactly what I planned but I do what I can to enjoy it. I love vacations and I make the best of what comes my way. Heck it's better than working don't you think :)

Can somebody point me to the low budget diner that serves Shrimp and Lobster better then Carnival. Because I am there and I ain't comin' back.

You are soooooo bad - I love it!!! :D

I'm thinking that if you can lose 15lbs during a cruise on the Destiny, perhaps I should have named my group next year "Destiny Diet" instead of "Date with Destiny". :p

Can somebody point me to the low budget diner that serves Shrimp and Lobster better then Carnival. Because I am there and I ain't comin' back.
Second star on the left, straight on till morning.... ;)

As for losing 15 pounds in 7 days.... Not impossible. IF you weigh upwards of 300 or more pounds. But that means you're not drinking alcohol, nor are you having any sweets. It also means you're walking 3 or more miles a day and adhering strictly to, say, Weight Watchers program. Then you might lose that much weight.

However, being a lifetime member of WW, I can testify than in 4 years of meetings that I have attended, not once has anyone lost more than 8 pounds in one week. And trust me, they were not on a cruise that week. :)

If the OP did lose 15 pounds as she claims, more power to her. Unless, of course, she's 5' and weighed 100 lbs. before the cruise. Then we have some problems.......

To the OP, sorry your cruise was such a disaster..... Now, on to weight loss :)

When I do my 3 day flush (eating protein and raw greens and drinking water), I will lose from 5-7 lbs. depending on how much water weight I had on me.

To lose that much in a week, I would have to flush the entire week and take an awful lot of exlax!!! :eek: That would mean, no starch, no sugar, no salt, and basically no fat all week long. Granted, I do not weigh 300 lbs- I guess about 1/2 of that or under hopefully.

To everyone about to leave on the greatest ship/itinerary around- go and have a great time and please realize that kids are out of school. If you want a more peaceful cruise, then please try it in the fall or winter. Also, I am in the Food & Beverage business and critique everything I eat. Please see me review link at the bottom for more information. You can find great food 24/7 on this cruise. If you don't like a chosen entree, then you just order another.

Happy Cruising to you all!!! :)

Beverly-

Would you please fill us in on exactly what happened- post a review giving us the good and bad points?? I know you planned really well cuz you were on here prior, so I think it would be helpful for everyone to understand how your cruise turned out to be so horrible. I wish you better vacations in the future :)

I shouldn't have read this "review"! I leave for the Destiny in 9 days! Someone please reassure me! I arranged this cruise for our group of 6--I hope no one is disappointed.

[quote name='mpat']I shouldn't have read this "review"! I leave for the Destiny in 9 days! Someone please reassure me! I arranged this cruise for our group of 6--I hope no one is disappointed.[/QUOTE]Go here, grab a snack and a drink and read up. You'll be fine. Have a great cruise.
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544[/url]

[quote name='mpat']I shouldn't have read this "review"! I leave for the Destiny in 9 days! Someone please reassure me! I arranged this cruise for our group of 6--I hope no one is disappointed.[/QUOTE]Well, if you're looking to lose 15 pounds..... don't worry about it! :D

It amazes me how people booked on an upcoming cruise will allow one negative post to cause them to question their choice. Come on people! Half the time, the negative post is a "drive by" and the complainer never returns to clarify anything.
Cruise Critic is a great resource to learn about cruises. In this case there is an entire thread devoted to the Destiny. Take the time to do a little research. Don't let one person's opinion sway you without looking into the validity of the complaints. I'll wager that for every person who hated everything about the cruise there are hundreds who loved it.

[quote name='pholter']To the OP, sorry your cruise was such a disaster..... Now, on to weight loss :)
When I do my 3 day flush (eating protein and raw greens and drinking water), I will lose from 5-7 lbs. depending on how much water weight I had on me.

To lose that much in a week, I would have to flush the entire week and take an awful lot of [B]exlax!!! [/B] :eek: That would mean, no starch, no sugar, no salt, and basically no fat all week long. Granted, I do not weigh 300 lbs- I guess about 1/2 of that or under hopefully.

[/QUOTE]
Well I hope she comes back... I need tips....

I guess am going to have to tell my hubby we need to cruise for my health...

[quote name='mpat']I shouldn't have read this "review"! I leave for the Destiny in 9 days! Someone please reassure me! I arranged this cruise for our group of 6--I hope no one is disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Here is a link to a review from someone that was on the same cruise.

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=189304"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=189304[/url]

Never allow a good or bad review to upset or excite you. I bet I could find a negative review on every ship sailing.

[quote name='Beverlyhamilton']

As far as the ship. I guess I should have been tipped off by the word "FUN SHIP" but I did not expect to have yelling half the night in the hall ways so that people had trouble sleeping. I did not expect to have people crowding in in fact pushing in to every event/ etc. without manners. I called the room steward to complain but get this they stop picking up their pages at 11 so my calls went to a deaf ear.

QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me... the stop answering pages at 11? So... that means the stewards actually are allowed time to SLEEP?! Your absolutely correct, that is a complete outrage and you should be entitled to a full refund withount delay.

Hey guys,

I am pretty sure I was on the same sailing. I just posted my review in 2 parts on the carnival board. So if you are going soon take a look. It's pretty detailed so it might take you some time to get through it :) - yes there were some "kid" problems (mostly teenagers) but the purors desk handled it pretty well if you called. Oh and Memorial day the US is still in school. So people did think they were cruising while kids were still in school. But really it wasn't a little kid issue but a 15-18 year old issue. I bet they had a great time though lol.

OH and I lost weight too :) but I had a sinus infection/sore throat towards the end so didn't drink - AND we do all very strenuous excursions.....So normally i lose weight in cruises :) this time I lost 6lbs not too shabby.

My husband and I decided we need to go on vacation more often and we would be svelt! Heh - esspecialy if we vacationed in Dominica since we were hurting pretty bad after that day!! talk about Sore! infact the next day was my first annual 29th b-day and some one asked me if I felt any older and I was like "H*ll yes, I can barely move!" LOL

"Oh and Memorial day the US is still in school."

NOT SO! Maybe in your area kids are still in school at the end of May, but in my area, the kids have been out of school for at least a week by the time Memorial Day comes. I have never even heard of a school in my region that is still in session that late in the year.

interesting - yeah in the northeast kids are still in school till mid June. But i wasn't thinking about the south etc. I take it the schools let out earlier down there? would make sense they don't need to worry about snow days :)

Honestly though, there were not that many american (continental) children on board. There was a huge group of very pretty Girls turning 15 and their families-friends, from Puerto Rico. As a side note these kids can dress!! I was quite impressed by many of their gowns.

Archived