Cruising in Dec to the Southern Caribbean

123Roxy

Wondering how Cruising is in Dec (going on the 11 day cruise on the NCL Pearl Dec 11 to the 22nd) just curious as what to expect as last cruise was exactly 1 year ago today to the western caribbean

Our trip to the areas were 90 plus degree's F. Humidity at nearly 100%, the heat is not like back home, a lot worse. And thesedays were in different ports?

at one port it rained the whole day, on and off, another port, a passing shower that we enjoyed, while temps were perfect, in the 80's

At sail a passing shower as ship goes through lasted 10 sec's or so. never a calm windless day as the ship goes up to 20 knots. so it varies. When it's time to go on your cruise check the local weatehrreports, and you may still wantto bring a rain jacket:)

Thank you to you all for the response. I really can't wait even though it is 647 days to go to the cruise. Feeling rather blue today knowing this time last year I was on my way to the Caribbean on the Pearl:) anyway looks like I have a lot to look forward too. So thanks again. :D

We've sailed there several times in December and have always had very good weather. Of course, you can always hit a bad spell, but normal for the S. Caribbean is warm to hot and sunny.

I think it's more reliably warm than the eastern or western routes.

Yes I am thinking about my cruise I have a 7 and a 9 year old who talk about it all the time and the fact that we are in Alberta and the snow is still here I think about the Caribbean a lot. It gives me something to dream about. But thanks all the same

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Our overabundance of snow will be gone before you cruise. Great time of the year to do that part of the world as our days will have shrunk to as small as they are going to get and there will be an abundance of other children on the cruise for yours to meet and mingle with.

You live in a great little town. My lawyer practices out of there. Enjoy the trip.

Archived