Navigator arrival into New Orleans

I was wondering what time to be at the Julia Street Pier to see the Navigator pull in on April 6th. On various websites it says 7:00 AM is the arrival time or is that the time customs hopes to clear the ship by? What time should I plan on being along the river to watch it navigate it up to port?

Anyone want to join me and maybe we could grab some Beignets before we go to the port and have a picnic watching the ship. Just a thought.

Am I nuts?

Navigator arrives around 5am or 6 am. The problem is the area is very congested and arriving too early causes problems for those trying to get off the ship and get transportation out of the terminal.

Leave your hotel around 10:00 or 10:30. We usually get there around 10:30, and we are on the ship by 11:15. You have to remember, they don't even set up for people to start checking in super early. They are dealing with getting people off.

Arrive too early and you have to just sit or stand waiting from them to open the line to even get into the security area.

We were docking shortly after 6 am this past Saturday on Navigator. Arrived at the pier to board her the previous Saturday at 10:30 am on the ship by 10:50am.:)

• 11 months later...
Might have better luck in Galveston on Sunday..

LOL> I was just getting ready to respond the same :) How soon I forget that Navigator used to be in NOLA so I didn't pay attention to the date of the OP.