Piano Bar on Summit

deedee290

• 4 weeks later...

Yay! So happy to hear they have a piano player/entertainer on the Summit. Look forward to meeting and hearing Jordan Peterson on the June 9th sailing. There is a group of 10 of us who enjoyed the piano entertainer on our last cruise. Exciting!

With the Cheers package that I just enjoyed in January on the Carnival Breeze, combined with the Premium package that I will upgrading to from the Classic as part of the 123 go promo, it seems like hanging out at the Martini Bar and sampling many different varieties will be my evening's entertainment.

I can appreciate a quieter ambiance during the course of the day, because I enjoy relaxing poolside instead of being bombarded with loud music and unruly rug rats.....but at the same time, live music at night time would seem to be appropriate, IMHO. No piano bar or a venue with a cover band is very frustrating.

I thought Celebrity was upscale, sophisticated and for those 40-60 that are active, not for those who eat early, gamble or go to the show and then crash by 10:00 PM.

Cruise lines like Silversea, Crystal, Azamara and Oceania are upscale and sophisticated. Celebrity is a mass marketed cruise line and I don't find the passenger make-up any different than the other major lines. There are plenty of over 60's and under 40's sailing Celebrity and early seatings seem to book up quicker than the later ones. And after 11 pm there's not much going on so plenty of people retire after the show.

My son, Jordan Peterson, is a piano entertainer on the Summit now until 9/7. He seems to be getting some rave reviews! We are sailing 6/16 and can't wait to see him again!

We just returned from the Summit and you have something far better than a Piano Bar.....you have JORDAN PETERSON!!!!!!

He is one of the best entertainers I have ever seen on a cruise ship....PERIOD.

He plays all over the ship in different venues and he takes plenty of requests. If he doesn't now a song he sometimes even learns it......he is only 22 and see him now while he is on a cruise ship....because I doubt he will be on a ship very long. My guess is that he will end up on a much bigger stage some day.

And "Petesfamily" you should obviously be very proud, he is a delightful young man and was seriously the highlight of the cruise for many of the people in my group.....including my aunts, the self proclaimed "Jordanaires".

We just returned from the Summit and you have something far better than a Piano Bar.....you have JORDAN PETERSON!!!!!!

He is one of the best entertainers I have ever seen on a cruise ship....PERIOD.

He plays all over the ship in different venues and he takes plenty of requests. If he doesn't now a song he sometimes even learns it......he is only 22 and see him now while he is on a cruise ship....because I doubt he will be on a ship very long. My guess is that he will end up on a much bigger stage some day.

And "Petesfamily" you should obviously be very proud, he is a delightful young man and was seriously the highlight of the cruise for many of the people in my group.....including my aunts, the self proclaimed "Jordanaires".

Thanks SO much for this nice review of our son. We can't wait to see him again on June 16th!! We are sailing then and are so excited for our first cruise!!

We are so glad you enjoyed our son and he said the last group on the ship was awesome!

Thanks SO much for this nice review of our son. We can't wait to see him again on June 16th!! We are sailing then and are so excited for our first cruise!!

We are so glad you enjoyed our son and he said the last group on the ship was awesome!

I told him that I "knew you" from cruise critic....

the first night I walked into Normandie to have dinner I gawsped...."Thats Jordan Peterson"...... His head turned really fast it was kingof funny...... i don't think he is used to being "recognized" yet...lol I believe my aunts have some pictures of him that they are going to send me so I can send them to you:)

You are going to love the Summit and Bermuda........

I think he really enjoyed the crowd last week...... We have a big group of NY'ers and NJ'ers who do the repositioning cruise every year....it is just a great crowd....

Its a crowd of people who really know music....and appreciate it. My aunt and uncle remember seeing Bill Joel in small bars when he was not much older than your son....so its a very unique audience from that perspective. He seriously had abnout 40 people who were regulars that followed him to every show...... and he is very sweet and humble......nice mid western boy:)

Any chance that Jordan will be on the Summit next March? He sounds fantastic!

Tina

He is going to be on another Celebrity ship, but we are not sure which one quite yet. Thanks!

How much longer will he be on the Summit? We will be delivering her back to San Juan and enjoy piano bar type entertainment.

We thought Jordan was a good entertainer. They had him playing in many places. Most of the time it was for 45 minute sets. So if you are expecting a piano bar setup with someone playing for several hours, with everyone huddled around the piano, you may be disappointed. He did have a much longer set on the last night of the cruise in Rendezvous. And we did witness him making good on a promise to learn a song during the cruise.

Archived