Piano Bar on Summit

deedee290

We are going on the Summit to Bermuda May 5th. Is there a piano player that takes requests and allows you to sing l

along? On RC it is called a piano bar and is for this purpose only. ZI cant dance much anymore but sure do enjoy music, I loved this on RC

We are going on the Summit to Bermuda May 5th. Is there a piano player that takes requests and allows you to sing l

along? On RC it is called a piano bar and is for this purpose only. ZI cant dance much anymore but sure do enjoy music, I loved this on RC

No....

We enjoyed this on a carnival cruise as well....

Maybe a nice conversion for cellar masters.......

.??

Oh well.....looks like another reason to hang out at the martini bar and drink.....no piano bar :( no comedy club :( no cover band either I bet... but there's plenty of quiet, with the exception of the ice cubes rattling in the metal martini shakers. :rolleyes:

Compared to the Carnival cruises you have taken, as shown by your history, yes, you will probably find that Celebrity has a much quieter ambiance.

With the Cheers package that I just enjoyed in January on the Carnival Breeze, combined with the Premium package that I will upgrading to from the Classic as part of the 123 go promo, it seems like hanging out at the Martini Bar and sampling many different varieties will be my evening's entertainment.

I can appreciate a quieter ambiance during the course of the day, because I enjoy relaxing poolside instead of being bombarded with loud music and unruly rug rats.....but at the same time, live music at night time would seem to be appropriate, IMHO. No piano bar or a venue with a cover band is very frustrating.

I thought Celebrity was upscale, sophisticated and for those 40-60 that are active, not for those who eat early, gamble or go to the show and then crash by 10:00 PM.

With the Cheers package that I just enjoyed in January on the Carnival Breeze, combined with the Premium package that I will upgrading to from the Classic as part of the 123 go promo, it seems like hanging out at the Martini Bar and sampling many different varieties will be my evening's entertainment.

I can appreciate a quieter ambiance during the course of the day, because I enjoy relaxing poolside instead of being bombarded with loud music and unruly rug rats.....but at the same time, live music at night time would seem to be appropriate, IMHO. No piano bar or a venue with a cover band is very frustrating.

I thought Celebrity was upscale, sophisticated and for those 40-60 that are active, not for those who eat early, gamble or go to the show and then crash by 10:00 PM.

There is a band that plays every night...they were great on our recent silhouette cruise

There is a band that plays every night...they were great on our recent silhouette cruise

Thanks for the info, but Silhouette is a S-Class ship, while Summit is a M-Class ship. I have a feeling the evening's entertainment choices will be different.

No piano bar? When we were on Constellation, Michael's Club on Deck 4 had a piano singer in more of a lounge setup. Very nice room. Not your typical piano bar setup where you sit around the piano (which I also enjoy). We liked it very much.

I figured that Summit (a sister ship) would have the same. In fact, the website says this for Summit's Michael's Club:

Michael's Club

Adorned in mellow sophistication, Michael's Club is the perfect place to order your favorite cocktail and let yourself be entertained by the relaxing sounds of a baby grand piano.

You may want to do a search for recent Summit Dailies on here - there's several posted - as they'll give you an idea of the entertainment on board.

Celebrity ships don't have 'Piano Bar's', but do have several entertainers who perform throughout the day and at night including solo guitarists/singers AND... wait for it... Pianists/singers. Including the Summit.

• 1 month later...
You may want to do a search for recent Summit Dailies on here - there's several posted - as they'll give you an idea of the entertainment on board.

Celebrity ships don't have 'Piano Bar's', but do have several entertainers who perform throughout the day and at night including solo guitarists/singers AND... wait for it... Pianists/singers. Including the Summit.

My son, Jordan Peterson, is a piano entertainer on the Summit now until 9/7. He seems to be getting some rave reviews! We are sailing 6/16 and can't wait to see him again!

I'm on your cruise. A nice group of us do it every year......trust me you will not be bored!!!!!!

We would like a piano bar as well....there used to be a piano player...not really a sing along in Michael's Club, but they took that away. There are plenty of musicians that change, so I can't predict what you will have in October.

It is different, but honestly I much prefer Celebrity to Carnival. Keep an open mind, there will be a lot of activity on our sailing though....so don't worry about it.........

My son, Jordan Peterson, is a piano entertainer on the Summit now until 9/7. He seems to be getting some rave reviews! We are sailing 6/16 and can't wait to see him again!
What venues/times does he play?

Thanks...

Is there a piano player that takes requests and allows you to singalong? On RC it is called a piano bar and is for this purpose only. ZI cant dance much anymore but sure do enjoy music, I loved this on RC

Carnival Splendor had a FANTASTIC piano bar that had great music and a fun crowd every night during our Mexican Riviera Cruise last year. Absolutely LOVED the evenings spent there with my three sons. (It was also the CLEANEST ship I have ever been on... (If you're worried about a couple of X's ships failing inspections recently.))

NCL's ship's do a GREAT job of "piano bar style" entertainment as well.

IMHO. No piano bar or a venue with a cover band is very frustrating.

The Martini Bars on both M and S class ships are great for their yummy drinks and great service, but I agree about the lack of decent music. ;)

Celebrity's "Sky Lounges" and counterparts have a bar as well (but NOT as good as the Martini Bar) and are a FANTASTIC time when the party bands are playing. :)

Unfortunately the Party bands shut down at 12 or 1230 and the DJs do a (in my experience) pretty poor job of keeping the party going, and its pretty much lights out at 1230 or 1AM. :(

I'm 55 and am among the YOUNGEST 25% of guests on Celebrity's longer cruises where the average age has been 65-67 on 3 three separate itineraries. :eek:

I was on the Summit in march and on deck 5, there's the Café al Bacio & Gelateria and also a piano. Jordan Peterson was there often to play songs and he do take requests.

I'm not a big fan of piano but he his VERY VERY Good.... I was there's quite often to take a coffee and listen to him....

I think he will be there until July....

I'm going back on the Summit in December and I really hope he will be there....

Don't hesitate to ask him special request.... I think his father do check post so if you are here and read post, please tell you boy that we had a SUPER cruise and we was part of it....

Michaels used to be that but it's an English Pub .Noe .. Sans piano ... Alas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was on the Summit in march and on deck 5, there's the Café al Bacio & Gelateria and also a piano. Jordan Peterson was there often to play songs and he do take requests.

I'm not a big fan of piano but he his VERY VERY Good.... I was there's quite often to take a coffee and listen to him....

I think he will be there until July....

I'm going back on the Summit in December and I really hope he will be there....

Don't hesitate to ask him special request.... I think his father do check post so if you are here and read post, please tell you boy that we had a SUPER cruise and we was part of it....

THANKS SO MUCH! I will tell him your very kind comments!! He is on the Summit at least until Sept. 7th. We are sailing on June 16th and can't wait to see him again!

THANKS SO MUCH! I will tell him your very kind comments!! He is on the Summit at least until Sept. 7th. We are sailing on June 16th and can't wait to see him again!

We look forward to seeing your son in two weeks time! So glad we know about him now. Love piano players!

We are really looking forward to Jordan!!!!!! I have a daughter the same age...you must miss him terribly. I know if my daughter was on a ship I would want all her mom's crazy cruise critic friends to go say hi..... I'm sure he misses you guys just as much:)

Archived