Which airport for Houston port?

msk1

The closer airport is Hobby (HOU) and the one further away is IAH. A taxi ride from IAH might be pricey.

Not sure what SuperShuttle rates would be.

As far as the carseat, a taxi will not have one and the law does not appear to require one, but your would need to bring your own if you want your infant to be in one.

TEXAS TRANSPORTATION CODE

Sec. 545.412. CHILD PASSENGER SAFETY SEAT SYSTEMS; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person operates a passenger vehicle, transports a child who is younger than eight years of age, unless the child is taller than four feet, nine inches, and does not keep the child secured during the operation of the vehicle in a child passenger safety seat system according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the safety seat system.

(e) This section does not apply to a person:

(1) operating a vehicle transporting passengers for hire, excluding third-party transport service providers when transporting clients pursuant to a contract to provide nonemergency Medicaid transportation; or ..........

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Do…

IAH is about 70 miles from Galveston. Hobby (HOU) is about 40 miles from Galveston.

"Better" is subjective. If you want the closest, go with Hobby. IAH is a much nicer airport if you have a long stay before your flight. I grew up in Houston and we thought of Hobby as a little air field LOL. It's tiny with limited amenities.

IAH is about 70 miles from Galveston. Hobby (HOU) is about 40 miles from Galveston.

"Better" is subjective. If you want the closest, go with Hobby. IAH is a much nicer airport if you have a long stay before your flight. I grew up in Houston and we thought of Hobby as a little air field LOL. It's tiny with limited amenities.

OP asked about the Houston port (not Galveston) where the Princess ship will be sailing from next winter.

Other than distance, your answer still applies, but you would be surprised to see what HOU looks like these days. And the construction to provide space for international flights will enlarge it more over the enxt vouple of years.

OP asked about the Houston port (not Galveston) where the Princess ship will be sailing from next winter.

Other than distance, your answer still applies, but you would be surprised to see what HOU looks like these days. And the construction to provide space for international flights will enlarge it more over the enxt vouple of years.

LOL...my bad. I'll get the Houston/Galveston distinction some day :p

I've been through Hobby recently though to visit family in Houston. It's still an air field compared to Bush Intercontinental. Nothing special there.

ETA: Spent plenty of time around the ship channel. Nothing special there either, but I had some amazing beer battered fried shrimp on my last visit. Yum!

We always select HOU Hobby for those reasons. Being smaller it is much easier to get into and out of than IAH as well as being closer.

Delta flies to both nonstop from ATL so it is an easy jaunt.

Mike:)

Contemplating a spring trip from Houston next year. Being a West Coaster, which is the better airport for connections to the Houston port?...

If it makes a difference as to which airline you use, the following links will be helpful:

Major Airlines serving George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)

http://houstonbush.com/airlines.html

Major Airlines serving William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)

http://houstonhobby.com/airlines.html

Kat 50.gif

If it makes a difference as to which airline you use' date=' the following links will be helpful:

Major Airlines serving George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)

http://houstonbush.com/airlines.html

Major Airlines serving William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)

http://houstonhobby.com/airlines.html

Kat 50.gif

This is an old list - still refers to Continental - if only!!! :D

We always select HOU Hobby for those reasons. Being smaller it is much easier to get into and out of than IAH as well as being closer.

Delta flies to both nonstop from ATL so it is an easy jaunt.

Mike:)

We live in the Houston area as well and choose Hobby anytime over IAH! Much easier to get in and out of and, of course, for us it's closer. I choose the airline that gives me the best flights for my $$$ and on a regular basis, it's Southwest Airlines which means flying out of Hobby.

This is an old list - still refers to Continental - if only!!! :D

But it is better than no list at all! 04.gif

Kat 50.gif

Archived